Live Dev Q&A: Guided Question

[ ] Avionics
[ ] Flight Planning for Airport Approaches 
[ x] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Will it be possible to have our saved flight controls profiles settings linked to the different aircraft we have set the controls up for when we load up the aircraft we chose? I have different sensitivity and switch settings on my yoke depending on which aircraft I choose to fly, this would help in cutting down time when starting a flight in the sim :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Could you please speak to whether Microsoft or any other hardware manufacturers have expressed interest in resurrecting force feedback devices for the sim.

And another question in the other category if there’s time :wink: do the XBox live services and related network settings in Windows 10 (e.g. NAT strictness) have any impact on data streaming or photogrammetry or is it just limited to multiplayer?

18 Likes
[ ] Avionics
[X] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Are there any plans to make the controls settings menu more user-friendly, or at least provide a generic joystick profile for those that are not supported? This is something that most previous versions of Flight Simulator had implemented, making it much easier for a beginner to get started.

6 Likes
    [X ] Avionics
    [X ] Flight Planning for Airport Approaches 
    [ ] Input/Controls
    [ ] Flight Model

Will Asobo integrate the Flight Path Marker into the base Primary Flight Display?

Will Asobo integrate Virtual Pathways into the base Primary Flight Display?

Will Asobo address or fix the ability to fly Direct To on any Nav Point/ Nav Aid regardless of the plan loaded?

9 Likes

Does the “Direct To” work in the G1000 for the upcoming Sim Update 3? Some real life pilots have stated “Direct To” does not work like the G1000 in real life.

17 Likes

Will there be further enhancements to the sdk for 3rd party offline AI traffic? Specifically with Alpha India Group (AIG) ?

9 Likes

Are we allowed to question and criticise this new guided question format or will it be closed down too?

9 Likes

Avionics
Flight Planning for Airport Approaches
Input/Controls
[X ] Flight Model

When will the DV20 fly again?

14 Likes

We will be testing this format for the upcoming Dev Q&A and will restructure if it doesn’t work well.

2 Likes
[X] Avionics
[ ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Here are links to some Avionics questions:

(main point highlighted - link for context)

[ ] Avionics
[X] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Here are links to some Input/Controls questions:

About Input/Controls acceleration bug (aka 10 deg increment bug):

[ ] Avionics
[X] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

About Input/Controls, both from the 3rd party devs side and the end-user UI side:

[ ] Avionics
[X] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

About Input/Controls game design decision (Simmers vs Gamers):

[ ] Avionics
[X] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

About Input/Controls game implementation decision (Simmers vs Gamers):

60 Likes

[ ] Avionics
[X] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

About Force Feedback implementation (DirectInput vs XInput):

29 Likes

Question: Can you share some more details regarding the new effects system; such as the contrails?

Will tire smoke and prop/jet wash be featured in Sim Update 3 as well?

10 Likes

If I am allowed to say this, I preferred the former open format. I know there are urgent questions moving the community which do not fall into the categories above. The live Q&A portion is rather chaotic, contains a lot of slang and is hard to follow, notably for non-English speakers like me.

I know that’s a mods’ decision which shouldn’t be questioned, thus this will be my only hint on the matter, which I excuse for.

5 Likes
[ ] Avionics
[ ] Input/Controls
[x] Flight Model

Here are links to some Flight Model questions:

About the goal and scope of the “1000 elements” approach:

NB: Please read the rest of the discussion for the pros and cons between what seem to be FS2020 and XP11 flight modeling respective technologies.

23 Likes

[ ] Avionics
[ ] Input/Controls
[x] Flight Model

Questions:

As a real world private pilot - PPL(A) SEP(L) 300h, I’m probably at the similar level as Seb. I’m pretty sure that Seb, fresh from his training and the hours spent with the flight instructor (not to mention the flight theory exam) is very well aware of the different forces acting on the plane, missing in the sim.

I experience the following deficiencies in the C172 classic (which is probably a representative case for small GA plane) flight model and I would like to know if/when whe should expect the improvements:

1. Are you going to implement “flight model realism” sliders, to allow proper plane behaviour for experienced pilots, while keeping it easy for casual players? During last Dev Q&A you mentioned you deliberatebly tune the flight model down (into more arcadish behaviour) to keep it easy.

2. Small GA plane usually requires positive application of right rudder during take-off run to counter combined effects of torque, P-factor, gyro precession, spiralling slipstream. This is not currently modelled properly, aircraft in the sim requires alternating left/right rudder pedal input during take-off run. This may be related to sim limitation in modelling assymetric flight conditions (see the questions below).

3. In small GA plane to counteract crosswind during take-off or landing, you typically need to apply some aileron into the wind to use adverse yaw as a force counteracting the tendency of turning into the wind. Is this going to be modelled?

4. In the simlated C172 generally I don’t feel the adverse yaw much. Is this not modelled or deliberately limited to make sim easier for inexperienced pilots?

5. At the initial phase of turn (on top of lack of the adverse yaw) the simulated aircraft has the unrealistinc tendency to climb and only later to descent; which is not realistice, the real small GA in turn tends to descent (or to slow down if corrected by the elevator).

6. I’m unable to properly use “one wing low” (or side slip) crosswind approach method. Despite having rudder pedals and yoke I find it extremely difficult in the sim to keep the plane steady in the side slip. Is this modelled?

7. This leads to general questions - side slip is assymetrical flight condition. Is the flight model allowing it? Any plans to implement failures system like one flap failure?

8. I’m aware that lack of force feedback requires different trimming technique in the sim. However I find it very difficult (10x harder vs. real live) to trim. When the aircraft speed incerases also the lift increases so there is a climbing tendency, so the whole process of trimming requires several steps - speed increase, more trim, spped increase, more trime despite the contant power setting. This leads to urealistic tendency of flying the aircraft by the trim and not by the yoke. Are you aware of this trimming issues?

[x] Avionics
[ ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Questions:

1. In VR the GPS devices in C172 classic appear like having different on-screen colors (magenta, blue, white etc.) at different depth. Are you aware? Any plan to fix?

2. Are you going to introduce any “tablet” device in VR allowing to display pdfs (charts, checklist)? The lack of charts in the VR cockpit is the total immersion breaker as you need to remove your headset to consult the charts or you need to use 3rd party tools to bring the app or even the entire desktop to the VR, which are acceptable for SteamVR, but rudimentary for Windows Mixed Reality.

29 Likes

Will there be an option to add custom waypoints to a vfr flightplan?

Will there be a fix for the turbo prop engine logics?

Thanks in advance

Sim pilot Mark

6 Likes
Category - mark 'x' to indicate which category your question applies to:
[ ] Avionics
[ x] Flight Planning for Airport Approaches 
[ ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Your Question:

Are you aware that many of the STARs and approaches are not being handled correctly by the sim, and will you fix this? Ie, you program a STAR and an arrival for an airport in Europe, and not all the waypoints will get entered into the MCDU, FMS or G1000. USR waypoints get entered as well, which is not the correct name for the waypoint. Also, sometimes the airplane (like the a320) will just ignore the rest of the flightplan when it gets close enough to the airport, and just go straigth for the arrival airfield.

39 Likes

Now with more complex airliners that are coming to the sim, for example FBW that is getting more exmplex everyday and the CRJ, can we get a tiller axis so we can control the nose wheel steering on the ground instead of using the rudder?

16 Likes

Category - mark ‘x’ to indicate which category your question applies to:
[ ] Avionics
[X] Flight Planning for Airport Approaches
[ ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Your Question: Is there any update regarding the Charts+ integration by NAVBLUE?

22 Likes
[ ] Avionics
    [X ] Input/Controls
    [ ] Flight Model

Can you please allow us to export our control assignments to a file so we can backup them?

10 Likes