Live Dev Q&A: Guided Question

Regarding VR
Anytime a feature that would support viewing chart. For an example: Electronic Flight Bag in every plane model

7 Likes

Category - mark ‘x’ to indicate which category your question applies to:
[ ] Avionics
[ ] Flight Planning for Airport Approaches
[x ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Your Question:

Why do the world updates aren’t saved on asobos servers. Why do i have to spend my ssd space for this?

3 Likes

[ ] Avionics
[x ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Your Question:

When there will be support for dlss on normal and especially on vr?

3 Likes

Please get rid of the window that pops out at the end of a flight. This is useless and annoying.

16 Likes

The rollout and flare phase with 787 is not realistic and felt like you are in a smal robin or cup

2 Likes
[X] Avionics
[ ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Your Question:

Will it be possible to duplicate the GNS530/GNS430 and maybe other panels to a second screen. So not pop out the display, but duplicate the GPS stack with buttons and all. The reason for this is that I would like to put them on my second (touch)screen which sits in my DIY-cockpit. The aim is not having to interact with the main monitor, but that I can control all the avionics from within the cockpit. Thanks for considering.

2 Likes

MSFS multiplayer and real-time AI cannot be displayed yet. These do not appear in the SimConnect interface.
This makes highly popular products like LNM useless for use with the MSFS Multiplayer System.

Please add Simconnect support for Multiplayer Aircraft,
Please add Simconnect support to allow addons to display their injected AI aircraft LABELS into MSFS.

3 Likes

Currently, Add-ons using the .fsarchive encrypted format are not supported.

Little Navmap will show only the stock airport instead of the add-on if a package is locked down like this.

Can a system be designed, where products like LNM can get the basic Airport layout data from encrypted Airports, sufficient to display their MAP data – while protecting the IP of the developer’s work in producing the airport’s details and building etc.

6 Likes
[ ] Avionics
[X] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Your Question: Is there any work on official shared cockpit experience? Use case: a flight instructor could bring remotely flight lesson to a student pilot. A first approach could be to bring this feature with the same view for both users but a greater feature could be to have 2 differents point of view.

2 Likes

Will NAVBLUE CHARTS be part of the sim as advertised?
It was planned for SimUpdate 3…

13 Likes

[x ] Avionics
[ ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

It would be great if the OBS Function could be used in the GNS 530. At the moment it doesn’t exist. I use it often in real life for following runway extension.

7 Likes

[ ] Avionics
[X] Flight Planning for Airport Approaches
[ ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

In real life you plan your flight to the destination airport incl. the expected STAR and runway based on the forecast weather. But you can’t be 100% sure about the landing runway and ATC can assign a new STAR or vectors starting from the first STAR fix to you during approach. Will this be reflected in MSFS in the future flight planning?

8 Likes

[X ] Avionics
[ ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Why are most Third Party Developers not informed about proper implementation of the ILS autotune function in MSFS?

Several aiplanes, like the (FBW) A320, (WT) CJ4 and aircraft equipped with the (WT) G3000, are able to autotune the IlS frequency if the respective approach is selected within the avionics system (FMS, MCDU or G3000).
This works for stock airports but NOT for the majority of third party aiports, where you have to tune the ILS frequency manually. That’s not the way these aircraft are meant to be operated.

I’m not an expert, but I was able to learn here and here that there seems to be a difference to FSX/P3D design in so far as changing the runway record without including the ILS record (two scenery thingies commonly known to developers obviously) makes autotune fail.

Obviously, a small effort of informing Third Parties of this issue could make a huge difference in usability of the sim.

3 Likes

[ ] Avionics
[ X] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Your Question:

Will there plans to have proper TELEMETRY DATA for motion cockpits, vibration cockpits to simulate, gears, engine, runway bumps ect ect. ?

Currently right now there is a software app that can extract telemetry data for engine rpm and speed. The other data available centers around forces acting on the entire aircraft like up and down and left and right. much like a cars telemetry in FH4 for example, however it’s not suitable in a telemetry based vibration setup as opposed to a true motion cockpit. Having my chair vibrate when I pull up is just not realistic. What’s missing is dedicated telemetry data, like gear up/down/…Flaps… landing/wheel bumps, can this be implemented as a stop gap measure until force feed back can be fully addressed as the current state of telemetry in the sim is very basic and rudimentary?

This is not Force Feedback which would be a another great addition which people are asking about. Are your waiting for manufactures to make FFB Sticks before you add the support to the sim?

I think manufactures won’t start making these FFB devices unless the support is already there in the sim. Do you agree?

Thank you,
Cheers
Stay Safe,

PACO572

3 Likes

Weather Settings

Please give us a functional user interface regarding weather settings. Visibility in km, RVR in meters etc. instead of a “aerosol density” in %, it does sound and look fancy but it is not functional, what the end user is really looking for is direct control of visibility. I don’t really care what aerosol density, relative humidity etc. it selects in the background to accomplish this.

Same for the wind, you can set steady wind, but gusts are a % of that steady wind… Why? Why not a simple window you can punch in the gusts in kts. What is the purpose of the duration in seconds? I don’t know how long a typical gust lasts, I would opt for a simple slider for shear strength. The graph is showing wind gusts from 0 kts to the set gust speed where I assume 0 stands for steady wind and not actually 0 kts. It is not very intuitive.

Is it true that wind speed at ground level is half from what you set in the menu? Windspeed and direction are typically measured 10 m above ground level in aviation, sure it decreases slightly on the way down in those final 10 m but not by that much.

It does not seem to me the current weather menu is designed by pilots - for pilots, its more a tool for developers in the current state. Could you give us an insight about manual weather setting improvements (if any).

20 Likes
[  ] Avionics
[  ] Flight Planning for Airport Approaches 
[  ] Input/Controls
[ x] Flight Model

Crosswind is still a big concern in MSFS

As long as wheels touching the ground, crosswind is acting very odd during take-off and landings.

Example:
DA40NG takeoff with 20kt crosswind. You don’t have any chance to keep the centerline or even stay on the runway. The higher the speed rises the less your directional control becomes. The same thing for landings. After touchdown you immediately start to drift off the runway. Approach and de-crab in short final feels quite realistic to me but as soon as wheels touching the ground things get weird.

I am aware that increasing speed increases lift which reduces wheel friction (and so a fraction of directional control) but increasing speed also increases the aerodynamic efficiency of the rudder which counteracts that effect.

This strange behavior affects at least all small aircrafts in MSFS. I took the DA40NG as example because I have the opportunity to fly that plane in real life. And in the last years I have done quite some takeoff and landings with around 20kt cross and I am happy to say that my wheels never had to touch grass … at least not inadvertently :wink:

29 Likes

[ ] Avionics
[X] Flight Planning for Airport Approaches
[ ] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Your Question:

Dear MSFS dev team,

Could you please fix the bug around the logbook?
There is something weird going on.
Sometimes it logs a flight as it should but most of the time it won’t.

Maybe it’s related with the time slider during a flight.
For example, when you are changing the time of day during a flight, it therefore not or incorrect logging of a flight.

Also it would be a great addition giving pilots, like us simmers, the option to delete inappropriate logbook entries.

Thank you so much in advance!!
I think you guys are doing a great job!

Ciao,

Sim pilot Mark✈️

5 Likes
[ ] Avionics
[x] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Currently it is difficult to make custom profiles for flightsim hardware (honeycomb, thrustmaster) because the game does not give a detailed description of what each command does and/or there are multiple command choices for the same function. For example, commands such as landing gear, lights, magnetos, and fuel valves have multiple choices like “set”, “toggle”, “on”, “off”. The intuitive choice doesn’t always match how the hardware behaves given the various types of toggle switches and buttons found on simulator hardware. I am struggling to get my sim hardware to behave as expected when setting up custom profiles because I don’t know which command to choose. Is there any documentation available or will there be more detailed descriptions implemented when trying to configure profiles for sim hardware?

2 Likes

[ ] Avionics
[x] Input/Controls
[ ] Flight Model

Will there be an option to add collision between multiplayer aircraft? It would make doing air show stunts a little more skilful and risky.

Maybe add an option for it to be friend groups only to avoid aggravating others.

Also just want to say that the sim is already amazing and I love that there is still development going on!

Thanks for all of your work,
Ryozath

7 Likes