Live Dev Q&A Poll

I do like the idea, nice one Jayne, however I’ll be honest with you, I couldn’t find the link to the Q&A video so I haven’t seen it… Is it in a pinned topic somewhere? Does this need to be more visible in the forums? It might be me though…, it’s been a long day!

Ah ok I found a post and I have this bookmarked! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the new format - 2 reasons:

1. Team was better prepared to answer the questions.
  2. More important - the host still has the courage to ask the difficult question from the chat (FPS after Sim Update 3), so it not turned into PR show.
5 Likes

Selected no, as there was not a lot of room for other questions than the guided ones - as the again degraded LOD in SU3!

1 Like

If anybody having seen this Q&A still thinks that Asobo consists of a bunch if people that are only concerned about their business model and not about their users, I don’t know what to say anymore. I’ve stated it multiple times on this forum: Asobo cares about the community. This again was a shining proof thereof. I want to thank everybody for their efforts and energy to coordinate this and give people the opportunity to communicate directly with the team. Great work! :facepunch:t2::grinning::+1:t2:

14 Likes

But did you like the format?
Some more time available for direct community questions is valid feedback, but I don’t think there was more time for that in the previous format either (unsure though, didn’t count the minutes).

2 Likes

@Jummivana I know its probably not the right place to post this but in contrast from what has been said in the developer Q&A, this issue has not been solved. I think they meant the flight director issue, that one has been solved.

I just did a test at LDDU (localizer runway 11, identifier: IDU, frequency 110.10), the bearing pointers are still pointing towards the localizer antenna.

Otherwise a constructive Q&A, great improvement over the old format, much more depth into technical matters!

Edit: to be sure I removed the working title G1000 and tried again with same result.

2 Likes

In theory I’d think that the voting system is the better one as it is the mirror what the community wants most. Problematic about voting is that the first posts in the QA category could get more votes than the most recent ones. It could be a combination of both systems, which requires more work: Define categories and let people ask, close after a week, then let people vote on the questions gathered till this point. Then define the most usefull questions for the Q&A.

2 Likes

Where can i view the latest Q&A please?

1 Like

Voted no, because a lot of very important thing were outside the proposed questions topics, and live chat seems useless, it’s flooded, nearly impossible to take the time to pick a good question.

1 Like

thank you very much!

1 Like

Do you feel there was more room for that with the previous format? I feel there was around as much time for direct community questions as in the previous format (around 15 minutes). And Twitch chat has always been like that. Not surprising giving the hundreds of viewers.

They’re not asking if you liked the format, they are polling to see if the new format is better than the old one.

As I replied to a previous poster as well; asking for more time allocation for direct chat questions is valid feedback in itself. It’s however not what this poll was intended for.

1 Like

LOL, in what world will I find better something I like less…

Maybe you find it better, but thankfully we live in a world with various opinions

Ya know, when Jummivana herself added a ‘like’ to my question in the Q&A thread, I really thought it was going to get asked.

Silly me.

2 Likes

I thought this format worked really well and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Much less chaotic, flowed better with some structure. The answers were clearer due to the devs having more time to prepare. Thanks to all involved :slightly_smiling_face:

The insights and visualisations from Seb were great, and it was good to see actual hard evidence against some of the complaints that are often levelled at the sim (crosswinds, torque effects etc. - things I’ve never had issues with). Many can be quick to criticise and make demands without much in the way of evidence to support their claims. But on the other hand, we got the admission that adverse yaw is too weak and is being looked into.

There seemed a good amount of time for community questions. While a little more focus on the top wishes/bugs list could be useful, I think it’s pointless to go over the same ground on each Q&A, which is effectively what will happen if too much time is dedicated to those lists as they are fairly static.

As an output from the Q&A sessions, perhaps an official FAQ could be maintained regarding ongoing development? With relatively short answers to common questions which have been answered, as an addition to the video timestamps that will be added to the agenda post. Some off the top of my head from the stream as examples:

• Plans to revisit performance soon
  • London photogrammetry having too many vertices, being reworked for future
  • Thermals being implemented but needing improvement and visualisation
  • Unlocking of Deluxe/Premium aircraft a complex issue but a compromise will be considered
  • Propeller drag being implemented but not fine-tuned for all aircraft
  • Contrails to be affected by wind in future

The list can go on and on, but if it’s structured by category perhaps it can offer a place to direct people for the common questions that flood the stream chat and the forums. Just an idea; obviously extra work to maintain it for someone!

5 Likes

Same lol … blah blah 10

I liked the presentation model and format.

However, I think a lot of really important questions and concerns were omitted due to the strict format of the questions and how they could only be asked about the pre-determined topics. From what I saw, the chat just broke down into a chaotic mess (worse than normal) with people trying to ask questions. And in the end, very little was asked and answered outside of the pre-screened questions.

Since there’s no vote option for this, I have to abstain from voting either way.

3 Likes

I thought it was the most informative QnA and more heart to heart especially from Jorg. Even if the answer is a NO a honest sincere NO is better than any fluff marketing or ignoring a question and I saw a lot of that today.

I think the format needs changing!

Chat is a real mess. Make it so that all questions are pre determined and the community knows which questions will be asked and that way the devs can have the right answer and not be caught off guard or completely misinterpret the question.

Here is how I would do it.

Pick a broad subject, like Scenery, Aircrafts, Perfomance, ATC, User Interface.

Within that topic give the forum members the ability to ask specific questions say 5 per category, pick the ones that get the most interest (likes or repeat).

Then just ask those as it will guarantee that every aspect of the sim is touched upon. Prior to the QnA let us know which ones were selected so we can tune in to have those answered, and the devs can prep an answer.

I loved the conversation today, but, was left frustrated by the questions and honestly felt the concerns of the airliner flying simmer was left out.

Another good option could be to wait a week after an update to do these and let the dust settle. This way everyone has experienced the update and we have a broader pool of resource than the vocal minority from both camps.

Cheers!

P.S: I am more than willing to volunteer my time for the cause. If you would like to try something different, feel free to PM me. I really believe this could be a good solution.

1 Like

No one, that I have seen, think Asobo doesn’t care about humans. It’s the execution or lack of execution that is extremely worrisome.

A big thanks to Jayne, Jorg, Sebastian and Martial for these Q&A sessions, I enjoy them greatly! I think the new format was good, but the biggest improvement was when it went from 60 to 90 minutes!