Live Q & A via Twitch

I’d like to throw my hat in. This is my post in bugs that has over 225 votes and is climbing. From the video chat you said there were no changes to the LOD,

Ok so it has to be something else. I believe I have the answer. I have studied all my pictures of before and after and have come to this conclusion. In a post I saw, might have been after the second update here in this forum, I saw a before and after picture of a tree up close, (Fur Tree), Those 2 images showed clearly that the tress at distance were now sharper looking after an update. I believe this to be the issue as trees at distance now look “grainy” in detail which ultimately spoils the realism. Un-sharpen the trees, as they were before and this will bring back the naturel look it had before I’m certain. You can thank me later if that’s the cause…

UPDATE"“”"
You can now set the Terrain LOD in a file called UserCfg.opt, The max value in game is 2 but you can extend how far trees pop up using that setting to as high as 5 which I set and that brought my system to it’s knees. So the LOD problem is now fixed. As I mentioned I saw a before and after picture of a tree up close, (Fur Tree), I did find other posts that reported this and it effects the entire image. So would have to say the “grainy” trees I see is very much and most likely a sharpening filter or the sims graphics were sharpened or antialiasing was changed and what appears to be the shape of the fur tree also changed. Looks like an acorn now. This obviously had undesirable effects. This is definite progress at least for tree LOD. I have mine set to 2.5

C:\Users\you\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\UserCfg.opt

PACO572

1 Like