Live Traffic-Multiplayer What's the difference?

So…what happens when i choose real time live traffic set to On BUT I HAVE MULTIPLAYER set to off ?
What are the planes i am seing flying with me since i have no AI Traffic and no Multiplayer traffic ?
I am confused.
Also…in real time live traffic,i can change time-weather setting but if i choose multiplayer ON then it gets greyed out and only the LIVE WEATHER-TIME is selected.

3 Likes

its ‘‘AI’’ traffic data from Flight Aware of real planes.
Multiplayer is irrelevent to that

1 Like

If you choose Live Multiplayer, you’re flying in an environment where the Time and Weather is LIVE and it flows in Real time. You can’t change this because it affects everyone who are also using Live Multiplayer. Everyone is in the same session under the exact same conditions.

If you’re not using Live Multiplayer, Either Off or ALL, that means you can choose your own time and weather settings. That means other players flying under Live multiplayer cannot see you. If you set to ALL, you can see other multiplayer and they can see you. If you set to Off, then you can’t see multiplayer and multiplayer can’t see you.

Air Traffic is irrelevant to this, You can still choose Live, Offline AI, or No traffic regardless of whether you set your multiplayer. The Live Traffic is basically the same Offline AI, it’s just that they use Flight numbers and aircraft types from online live database in real time. They don’t stream these flights, they only download the data of the real live aircraft around you with their flight plan, and spawn them into the sim. And then the sim just simulates them as if they’re a normal AI.

Offline AI is randomly generated by the sim without downloading the real flight traffic data.

4 Likes

Very well said and thank you for your time.
So…do you think that Multiplayer set to ON ALL LIVE PLAYERS is the best option for seing traffic in the skies ?
Yesterday,with REAL TIME TRAFFIC i got this plus 3 aeroplanes landing on the airport.So they were A.I generated planes from real data as you say and not real players?

Well if you just want traffic in the sky, all you need is to set the AI options in the flight conditions to either Live Traffic or AI traffic. Multiplayer setting is irrelevant.

But I always like to fly in Live Multiplayer so I’m always be in real time, real weather at all times.

It’s easy to tell if a traffic is Live AI or Multiplayer. If you enable Traffic Name Plate in your general options under traffic. You should be able to see the traffic labels.

If they’re showing Flight code and flight number (BAW 1138 for example) then this is the live AI traffic.

If it’s showing a long Microsoft/Xbox Gamertag name, then it would be a multiplayer aircraft.

3 Likes

Thanks Neo4316 for the explanation in an area that I just clicked on for ages with only half an idea of what I was doing and what it meant!
This may be a silly question but, would I be right in saying that in “Live multiplayer” or any other setting, only Players on your current server are visible?
And if there is no Traffic, and it’s a bit quiet say in the area your flying in, can you change servers to see how busy they are? have I got this all wrong.

2 Likes

Hi Neo, thanks for this great explanation! One question do you where I can select my nameplate as I want other players to see me? Or how do I know under which name other players are seeing me?

You have no control over that. If others have nameplates visible, they’ll see you. If they don’t, they won’t. Your settings only affect whether or not YOU see nameplates.

1 Like

Ohh ok! I was wondering if I could create my own name so that others could see it when I am flying :blush:

You can set your own tail number, but no one else can see it. That’s blocked in the sim. All others will see is your XBOX gamer tag.

1 Like

You can change your Gamertag in you Microsoft/Xbox account. The name visible to others is your name being shown at the top right corner of your main menu.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.