Live Traffic Not Appearing Visually But Mentioned in ATC Window (1.37.8.0)

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Which aircraft are you using that experiences this issue?

Skyhawk

Brief description of the issue:

Am operating with Offline ATC Voices, Live Traffic, Live Weather. ATC is making calls to other planes around player aircraft, but they are not appearing in injected traffic using monitor like Little Nav Map Moving Display. AI Fetch Radius set default to 105 NM around Player Aircraft.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Flew an IFR flight Fredrick MD to Lancaster PA. Enroute, noted traffic alert calls made to aircraft, especially one that was near me as I was the only aircraft in the visibility bubble at 5,000’ and I was the subject of the alert (i.e., the other plane was to locate me). Checked the moving map and external view, there was no traffic that met those parameters. Additionally, another call was made for a specific type aircraft immediately after the traffic alert, again, not displayed on LNM.

PC specs and peripheral set up:

N/A

Are you using DX11 or DX12?

DX12

Are you using DLSS?

No

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Are you using DLSS?

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Potentially tied or related to:

Almost the same is here. Some planes are visible, some not. And also I can see the planes on VFR Map, but they are not visible in other views.

I noticed this last night too. I flew from KDAL to KOKC and there was not another single plane in the sky. I verified after the flight that live traffic was indeed on.

yes

DX11

Are you using DLSS?

no

SU15 1.37.8.0 Xbox X, with no addons, flying the 787-10 CYVR to RJTT

I usually just leave Live Weather and Live Traffic on, but for most of SU15 Beta for me there has been virtually no visible traffic, so I tried switching to AI Traffic - and again, zero traffic visible.

There were a few ATC calls to other traffic, but never anything visible outside or on TCAS.

I suspect traffic, and traffic visibility, is limited by memory - with scenery getting the priority, and if there is memory headroom for traffic you might get some, otherwise it’s omitted? If that is the case, I prefer scenery be smooth with less popping in of tiles over having traffic and shifting landscape.

I am seeing the same thing. No traffic in the air. Using DX12. One step forward and two steps back for this game. Been like that since it came out.

It looks like this depends on the place. Yesterday there were 2-3 visible planes for me at Moscow (with more then 10-15 visible on the VFR Map an communicating to ATC), but there were a lot of visible planes over and at OMDB Dubai.

Yes

Some AI Offline traffic receives ATC instruction without ever appearing. I hovered around the threshold of PHLI Lihue Runway 35 when 2 aircraft were cleared to the ILS approach. Both were cleared to land (the second one instructed to “Land following the a/c on the runway”! ATC cleared each a/c in turn to leave the runway without them ever appearing.
Some AI Offline aircraft do appear but don’t show on the VFR map or on the Traffic page of the Garmin 530/430. Live Traffic and MP do show on the GPS Traffic page when selected.

Are you using DLSS?

Note AI Offline A/c taking off doesn’t display on the VFR map or the GPS Traffic Screen.
There are also two other AI Offline A/c parked at the terminal but they don’t show either. Ground static A/c are set to zero.

You think you saw a lot of traffic, just wait until the FBW A380 is released LOL

1 Like

And the pmdg 777

1 Like

Let’s please stay on topic folks.