'Live Weather' - Always Snow in the North

While I totally like the availability of snow textures, I don’t understand, why ‘the north’ has to always have them applied in ‘Live Weather’.

Example:
Loading up in BIEG, Iceland, with ‘Clear Skies’…

Now switching to ‘Live Weather’…

The (RL) METAR for BIEG reads 21°C. This is mid summer and ‘really hot’ in Icelandic terms. Why do we have to have the beautiful landscape covered in snow, when it is clearly not in RL. This also applies to northern Norway, btw…

Although not perfect you could try Unreal weather, freeware, similar to Rex weather, and see if the problem still happens.

I will give it a try, although virtually everything ‘Unreal Weather’ offers, MSFS should be doing by itself…

UPDATE: I have now installed UnrealWeather and at least it shows the correct amount of snow coverage in BIEG rn: None (…while ‘Live Weather’ still has Egilstadir covered in snow at 19°C…). I have also skimmed a little through their forum post, and while the addon seems to work fine when flying low and slow, it appearantly does not inject correct winds aloft and cloud layers above FL120.
This, of course, makes it hard to use when flying jets.

What also remains to be determined, is what it does to the injection of weather changes themselves: If there is one thing, that makes the MSFS weather system really really great in my eyes, it is the smooth transition of weather situations. If this is in any way compromised by the addon, it would be a show stopper. Those abrupt weather changes in X-Plane are really the one thing I hate in that sim…

AND: The existence of an addon - be it payware of free - is no excuse not to get the sim to work properly in the first place on MS/Asobo’s part! They have introduced the wonderful ‘Nordics’ update. Of what use is the improved mesh and the beautiful ortho, if it is always covered in snow?

2 Likes

The same reason you have a foot of snow in Colorodo Springs at 9am, and at 3pm, its all gone. Strange weather they have there. But isnt that pretty much what they say about Florida, Oklahoma, Washington, or Michigan? LOL

I’ve noticed the same in Iceland. It’s almost completely covered in snow in mid summer… :confused:

Actually i am fliying above norway. There is still everywhere snow. Hope they gonna take focos till the next winter. The ice age in the nothern hemisphere is annoying.

1 Like

Im having the issue still. I hope Asobo can fix this. It is very annoying living in Norway, and all green and nice here, and live weather is snow… In may… The weather from Asobo is generally on top due to how the transition is etc, so a shame to see it not fixed yet.