Live Weather Does Not Match

ATIS is reporting 208 at 13 Visibility 3…
So…

Please fix it, or let us know that it can’t be fixed at the moment…

Also, ATIS is playing and reporting winds 208 at 14… 208 at 14
so it is constantly updating what it is reporting. So, ATIS is not ATIS reporting METAR, but reporting small changes as they are updating… ?

Within 1 min ATIS reporting 207 at 14, 208 at 14, 208 at 14, 207 at 14 … 208… 207 … 207… 208., etc.

The winds are close to the latest METAR, but everything else is wrong…

Ok, so the weather can change from the time the METAR was posted (live weather engine vs. the latest METAR 46 min ago), but at least make ATIS play the latest METAR and not follow slightest weather changes during the ATIS playback.

1 Like

Installed the patch and hoped that it would resolve the issue with wind data not being correct, but alas it does not. So disappointed, this is one of those things that should have been working on day one and should have been a blocker.

Yeah, same. Massive thunderstorm outside my house, winds at all the airports were between 220 230 at 3 knots. Definitely not purchasing the full version after my game pass expires.

I’m having an interesting experience after the patch.

Wind is still 225/3 but I’m now experiencing the turbulence as expected from the actual weather, just no wind.

Anyone else have similar experiences?

Where in the world are you flying? Does this happen everywhere on earth?

If I fly in the mountains, will get the turbulence, even with the winds stuck at 225/3, though it is likely milder than if the winds were stronger.

The North East US was mostly low ceilings and visibility as you can see here…

Launched the game (first instance) and Started at KPWM. You can see around 3k, you can see the ground in the distance…

Olá. Sim, também estou com esse problema. Já voei em 3 furacões com ventos acima de 60 kts e os ventos estavam completamente calmo podendo voar suavemente dentro das tempestades. Já reportei para o suporte da MSFS e eles disseram que muitos outros já relataram esse problema e que estão tentando resolver.

sooo, another thing ive noticed with the weather in msfs 2020 is that even flying into the densest storm CB clouds the sim doesnt give u any kind of turbulence in the live weather feature, tried this multiple times. Anyone had a different experience let me know plz cause this seems pretty unrealistic.

I tried to fly out of my hometown airport today during a thunderstorm, unsurprisingly the weather was not accurate. HOWEVER, a new finding I did have was that the weather from the ATIS station was completely accurate. It reported Heavy Rain which was 100% live weather.

So this may have been reported earlier, but it seems while the in-game weather is delayed/inaccurate, the weather data in on the radios seems true to life.

Incase anyone hasn’t seen today’s dev update. They’ve specifically said the 225/03kts bug is fixed in the upcoming patch!

Where is this update? I don’t see it on youtube.

Clouds seem to work today in the Bay area. It seems there were clouds (not OVC) at 1400, but the visibility was not and winds obviously.

METAR: KSFO 110256Z 30008KT 1 3/4SM HZ FU OVC014 16/13 A3002 RMK AO2 SLP164 T01610128 53001

this was what it looked like in Sim

I get this too. The wind rarely varies, never matches the ATIS or wind sock. Temperature never matches real-world data. Clouds are only vaguely similar to real-world weather

3 Likes

Wind data are not correct.
Weather is displayed according to the data, but wind is not displayed correctly.
Screenshots from yesterday’s flight through Hurricane Sally show impressive cloud formations. But there should have been a lot more wind and turbulence.
The last picture on the ground shows the situation directly on the coast at the edge of the Eyewall.
Far too few waves, the windsock is pointing in the wrong direction and deflects far too little for 31kt wind (which is not enough directly on the eyewall) It should be horizontal in the wind. The rain falls at a reasonable angle.

2 Likes

Hello everyone we need to continue this topic because ASOBO is not seeing this as a problem on update 24th. It is a major issue when the weather is not what we are planning in other software. You can’t calculate wind before the flight if is not representing that in MFS2020.
Post and VOTE.

Sry,

can you be more specific about that calculation? Pls describe better your thoughts. Weather problematic is constantly refreshed on another topic, not this. As someone created another weather problems Topic, voting to more topics is not solution.

1 Like

can you provide the link?

The solution is to report it to Zendesk. That’s pretty much the only way to make sure that asobo see it

1 Like