Live weather down? 24/11/2021

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? MS

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue:
Has anyone had live weather issues this morning? Dropped out and wouldn’t come back over Europe.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: n/a

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: n/a

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant: n/a - no internet issues

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: latest

Same issue here. Doing a flight from EKCH to ESSA, and despite weather is displayed on the world map, in game clear skies and 2992 10.13

3 Likes

Yep same here, it’s been dropping in and out all day, comes back for maybe a few minutes but then gone again

1 Like

Same here over France. Was Ok this morning

1 Like

Maybe they’re doing some tweaking at the server end?!

1 Like

Same here, Flying over Lithuania at the moment.

1 Like

Same here - UKOO no weatheR

5 HOURS LATER - Still no weather and Metar thru Weather panel says none available (tested at TFFJ)

1 Like

Looks to be back up now.

EDDB no weather update :frowning:

It worked for me for around 2 minutes, now it’s not working again

1 Like

Now it loads only the visibility but nothing else:

Couple of minutes prior it loaded properly:

It’s so intermittent

1 Like

same here. haze still pops in/out on each station. sad.

1 Like

Fueled for large tailwind on latest flight. Forced to abort for default CAVOK wx. Maybe post a banner to let us know when this is resolved. Thanks!

1 Like

Same issue started yesterday afternoon for me. Loaded aircraft for flight but weather stayed at vanilla clear skies 29.92, etc. Waited for 10 minutes = nothing happened. Rechecked my settings to make sure I handed messed something up. Reloaded, rebooted sim, but still no luck. Then suddenly it came back and lasted for the entire flight. But this morning it stays on vanilla. Rex Wx, however, still works.

1 Like

Anyone know why there is only a limit of 3 layers of cloud in offline mode ? Does live support more layers ?

Serves me right for thinking the Asobo might have the act together - once again a broken feature (which has been broken at least 3 times at various points since release) is broken again…infuriating…

1 Like

Not sure if it’s linked to our issue with weather but I’ve gotten this a few times also today:

4 Likes

Mod edit: The following few posts have been merged from this thread in #community:general-discussion-feedback https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-weather-down-or-just-broken-in-indonesia/475561/

It’s always hard know which it might be when in a new area…

I’m flying in an area which according to the METAR, meteoblue, satellite images, and the MSFS world map is overcast, thunderstorms and rain, and it’s giving me completely clear skies and the temps don’t match METAR.

Is there any other game that is not only so reliant on an online connection, but that doesn’t provide a reliable one? If you’re going to make the core of your game - and regular huge mandatory updates - server based, you better provide decent servers.

We shouldn’t be spending more time troubleshooting and updating than flying.

2 Likes

Yep it’s down for me here in the UK too and has been since last night. It came back for a few minutes today but has not been working all day since.

1 Like

Clear skys for me over France. Was OK this nmorning, but now not a single cloud in the sky

1 Like