Live weather down? 24/11/2021

I agree with you completely on this.

We should have a dev update tomorrow - I would not be surprised at all if there is no mention of the live weather.

I suspect you’re right. Not sure if we will see an update tomorrow with it being a holiday for some of us, but either way I doubt we’ll see much about the live weather. They’ll use that opportunity to flash all of the black Friday deals, PMDG DC6 in the markplace, etc

1 Like

Ahh yes of course Thanksgiving, we probably won’t get one indeed then, anyway we shall see I guess.

Sure we will see a dev update tomorrow
writen a week ago from the PR departement telling us how greatfull the community is about
SU7
and especialy the new weather system :wink:

3 Likes

Haha yes, exactly.

Hahaha, completely accurate.

I agree. The recent dev Q&As have felt more like show and tell with a few questions tacked on the end than a Q and A.

I thought the whole point of the Q&A streams were to answer any questions that the community may have.

A better way to do it would be to:

A) Use the feature discovery series to announce new features and take deep dives into the feature.

B) Use the partnership series to announce new partnerships such as orbx and pmdg etc.

C) Show a trailer for any upcoming World Update or Sim update at the beginning of the Q&A but keep it brief. There’s no need for too much detail during the Q&A as the detail is normally given in the weekly dev updates.

Same here with 2020 and volanta

Very misleading to label this as fixed when it’s clearly not even remotely fixed.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve got the impression in the most recent Dev Q&As that they only answer what they want because they don’t like the answer they would have to give for some questions. Like SU7, I kinda think they knew full well how broken it was going to be, but released it anyway.

1 Like

Haha yes exactly. They did the same with SU5. They claimed that SU5 was well received but the forum activity and posts seemed to suggest the exact opposite.

No wonder we encounter so many bugs if this is what is considered to be ‘fixed’

2 Likes

Only it isn’t. Spawned in at 4 different locations. Seeing nothing but default clear weather regardless of the actual conditions. NO METAR AVAILABLE in the METAR window.

Hey Microsoft, you forgot to connect the Canucks again! :slight_smile:

I wouldn’t call the weather that is back “Live Weather”, it’s more of a “Freak Weather” with clouds rising from the ground. (time adjusted to daylight for obvious reasons)

1 Like

Surely this cannot be working as intended? If it is, Asobo should be ashamed of themselves for releasing this to us.

1 Like

Just did a flight to Mendoza, reporting thunder storms and rain in the METAR, when I arrive what do I find, not a drop of rain, a few scattered clouds, but of course the unstoppable, impenetrable, great wall of smog. Visibility in the METAR is 4000m, I was getting lless than 400m and had to hunt the runway. This is worse than I thought.

Oh, and the weather radar is broken, no longer updates when you change the range for the navigation display, all the blobs just stay the same size n the same place.

Other treats were ATC saying things like ‘Airbus A3 Microsoft 20 at equals 2 slash W I N D slash 90 equals
’

This cannot be left like this until the next update, whether the popcorn guy here thinks.

2 Likes

We can only hope not, because it seems to be in an absolutely broken state that does not work correctly at all.

2 Likes

@MSFSCommunityTeam I think you need to change the status of this bug post as it clearly isn’t fixed.

5 Likes