Live weather is still inaccurate - 1.15.10 update did not fix bug

Are you saying that the new model that gets loaded around 1900z is for the time starting at 1200z the next day instead of immediately?

Yesterday at least I had a better weather situation on take off from Québec as it reflected a more reasonable picture of the actual weather in Meteoblue. Previous flight from CYQB had absolutely no correlation.

The weather model is definitely loading in future weather again. I’ve just tested LDZA, which was very rainy yesterday and a thick fog developed in the early morning hours.
What does it look like in the sim? Of course it’s sunny with just a few clouds.

METAR LDZA 080700Z 00000KT 0500 R04/0700U R22/1200U FG VV002 07/06 Q1024 BECMG FM0800 CAVOK=

1 Like

Now that the fix listed in the recent update has not corrected the weather alignment issue, does the original workaround of setting the computer time to 6Z work or is that no longer effective following the sim update?

Yes, it’s definitely future weather we are seeing:

Game:

Actual weather (-30 min)

@OlieTsubasa443 : Maybe the SOLVED tag should be reconsidered. The OP opened another thread here:

Maybe merging that one into this and making this the active thread again would make sense.

1 Like

Hello all,

eeeeeeh what can I say now, I did test flight to LDZA from LZIB this morning (09:00 loc Slovakia) and weather was correct +/- what I saw in sim. Now I see broken clouds on Zagreb, also METAR report this. Where can be problem, I will do next tests of course. What I can say also, really I don’t look to World map weather forecast, I 'm looking everytime inside cockpit.

To be honest I don’t ever seem to have problems with the weather - well except when it curtails my flying of course. What I mean is I use what I’m given, which in the game is pretty well always consistent, but at the same time it does tend to agree with the real world where I currently “fly” - continental Europe.

I’ve recently installed the Unreal Weather addon and find it pretty good, although it’s amusing to see the weather physically change when a new Metar is published for wherever I happen to be. Changing to the sim live weather doesn’t appear to be significantly different either.

Maybe it’s world location that makes a difference?

Terry,

thnx for thoughts. Our yesterday discovering was:

1. 3 users at same time at same airport (LOWW - Vienna).
  2. 2 users (live at same time zone as OS shows) have same Live weather, next user living in England had different BUT correct! We both hadn’t.

I expect if users load Live weather at same time at same airport, they must have logically +/- same weather but why this is not true??? That topic shows our thoughts about this problem and also about general discovered about 12hr late/forwarded Live weather to sim.

1 Like

Yep exactly. So there’s a whole period of weather from around 2100z when the new model loads in to around 1200z the next day that is just completely missed out

Yeah that would be the best idea - I’ve also messaged the moderator who marked this thread as solved to let him know that the issue isn’t solved but haven’t heard back yet.

2 Likes

In game:
Interestingly the warmfont from the west, which was right over germany 3 hours ago (and shouldn’t have been) is now more to the west and thus nearer to where it is in reality. So obviously the gap betwen the time of the injected weathermodel and the time it should have been injected is getting smaller.

The map you have in-game there, is the same cloud formations I had in-game yesterday at around 22:00z, so sadly it’s still loading that forecast in about 12 hours too soon.

1 Like

Yeah, but I would have anticipated the cloud formation to proceed forward (meaning eastward), instead it is obviously “moving” westward, meaning the injected “snapshots” seem to be retrograde. If you compare my screenshot from 3 hours ago to the last one, you can clearly notice that the cloud formation was already over the middle of germany with denmark fully covered while now it is just over the western parts of germany with denmark largely uncovered. Nevertheless it is still a few hours in advance of the real thing.

Ahh yeah, I see what you mean. Something buggy definitely still going on then. I think as well as the bug where it’s grabbing the weather snapshot too far in advance, this may also be a case of the forecast from Meteoblue also being inaccurate with it’s timings of the fronts moving.

Due to this thread being marked as ‘Solved’ and as we have all discovered it clearly isn’t, I’ve opened a new thread in regards to the issues we are still facing. I’d recommend also giving that a ‘vote’ to try and help it get the dev’s attention:

Maybe what we have seen yesterday and what made us believe the problem (that I didn’t have before the 1.15.10 patch) was solved was just the matching of the forecast model being injected in a retrograde manner with the current weather situation around noon to afternoon, while with the injection of the next cycle in the evening the offset starts again. As my flights were mostly in the afternoon that would explain why I didn’t notice any discrepancy so far. Just guessing…

Yeah I’d agree, that makes sense as the checks I all did were in the afternoon also yesterday. When the Moderator messaged me to say he was making it as ‘solved’, I did say to him that we were all waiting to see what would happen around the late evening time yesterday to see if it would still have the bug of the weather model being too far in advance and indeed it was.

So yeah, sadly not fixed.

I’m getting thunderstorms in Texas when the weather is clear. Also, when the sim does show Clear skies there is still the thunder and lightning issue again that has been around for a while.

1 Like

Lightning everywhere were there is clouds

Nothing is [SOLVED] :

Here’s what the weather looks like at 0745Z for germany:

And here’s the game - and that weather clearly is from yesterday