Live weather is still inaccurate - 1.15.10 update did not fix bug

I have the same Meteoblue map as yours at the moment

But the sim shows this world weather map for me:

It looks consistent with the meteoblue map

Strange that we don’t get the same game weather map

Just checked, and now I have the same as you. Something happened in the last 20 minutes. Let’s hope it will be consistent…

Btw… I am updating my Zendesk report regularly

Yep, that’s pretty odd

I notice the weather is animated (very slowly) on the sim world map
Does your clouds move slowly also?

Yes, but it seems to be a static animation, at least the slider for the time has no impact on the depicted weather situation

Indeed, the time slider just changes the sun position and night/day

But the live weather is always a copy/paste of the current latest meteoblue satellite weather map, whatever time of day you set

This is what I noticed on my end

Hello all,

“But the live weather is always a copy/paste of the current latest meteoblue satellite weather map, whatever time of day you set”

That’s correct, with this way all need to be working with Live weather. It need to be set independently to time of sim. It need to be as now at my sim place.

1 Like

weather still completely wrong. hasn’t been a cloud in the sky all day where I live and nothing but sun in the forecast for the next 3 days…in sim complete opposite

Just pathetic…

1 Like

Okay, time to check for “advanced weather” again. While yesterday it seemed accurate, today (May11th, 07:20Z) we have definitely future weather, although the conditions might seem accurate for many.
First the comparison of SAT/Game:

SAT

Game

Notice the cloud formation west of Spain which has yet to make landfall irl, while in-game it is already well past the coast.
And sure enough the situation at LECO, which is located right in the northwest corner of Spain, looks as follows:
METAR: LECO 110720Z 21008KT 9000 SHRA SCT025TCU 10/08 Q1017 TEMPO NSW
So from satellite image and METAR one would expect a clear sky, sprinkled with towering cumulus clouds and rain showers.
And here’s what it looks in the sim overhead LECO Iooking north-west (but it was the same all around and dark and rainy on the ground of course), a situation one would expect after the cloud formation hit land:

1 Like

Update: 0915Z and the in-game weather is now closer to reality, now the conditions mostly match the METAR (LECO 110900Z 21005KT 180V270 9999 SCT030 13/09 Q1018 TEMPO SHRA SCT030TCU ):

SAT (0845Z)

Game:

There seems to be a pattern where sometime in the morning the in-game weather is rectified.

1 Like

It was my understanding that only a topic author could mark a topic as solved…at least that’s how it should be.

I’m glad to see that the “solved” heading has been removed.

3 Likes

I observed the same behaviour as this as well, thanks for posting your observations. Although it seems once again the team at Asobo have stopped communicating with us about this issue.

3 Likes

In this case it was a moderator that marked this one as solved, which when I looked at editing the title yesterday the [solved] had just been edited into the start of the subject title, so I removed it. I’ve also removed the ‘Solution’ tick on the post that they put on.

2 Likes

YES,

today at morning to Slovakia CET time some weather working +/- ok but when I moved close to Graz and Zagreb (compared to satelite front comes to E), it looked to me that weather goes quickly than real about 1hr forward (it was cca 10:00 loc). Now (go to LDZA for test pls) at Zagreb I have 14 deg C temp what is totally wrong (looks like 26 hot also here in Slovakia) and now only discovered also not correct other parameter issue than cloud formations as till this time. Really wind I didn’t check if I saw temp very big difference.

Looks good to me, clear skies as per the METAR of CAVOK and the satellite, aircraft RAT is showing 26c, winds from the south west at 4 knots which matches with the 1030z METAR and pressure 1012 which also matches up:

@ utd4life12

hmmmmm,

this sim has very big problem, after restart sim and check your post, I start it again and see also 26 degC. What to say…

Thank you for check Zagreb :wink:

1 Like

Yeah and even that is putting it politely lol

1 Like

Hello,

I’m somehow enjoy this weather is also somehow working after I was off for half year, I try in future sometimes check frequently and restart sim for test, to see.

The bright side to this is that the patterns with the inaccurate times seems consistent for me. If I want to fly in the evening (east coast USA here), I can check Windy for 5 AM the next day and that’s the weather I’ll get in the sim. If I’m flying let’s say on a Saturday morning, the weather will be accurate and I can just look up Windy in real time.

Hopefully this gets fixed eventually. I feel like if they can get this addressed, the complaints about live weather will drop dramatically. I have a feeling this issue could be the the core problem people are experiencing but not realizing it if they don’t take the time to compare the forecast maps.

1 Like

Yeah absolutely, if they could just sort this issue out I think it would cure a lot of people’s weather problems, and I do believe this is an issue everybody experiences not just certain users. I think those who say they don’t experience it are flying in areas where the weather the next day is not significantly different to current day so it’s not noticeable that it’s loaded the next day’s data.

1 Like

I try to help them (or get on their nerves, probably depends on pov) by updating my Zendesk report with the observations I post here, thus turning it from SOLVED to OPEN.