Live weather not available

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No

Brief description of the issue:

As reported by several users from Greece
Unable to load live weather - #102 by DementedCorn327
live weather is not available. The only way to make it work is by using a VPN.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Provide coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

Provide time & date of the observed Weather issue

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Since 30 November


:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

same to me …greece

Same here.
There is a whole discussion here, where we describe the issue and what we’ve tried. But we can’t upload links…

  1. I’ve renamed Community folder. Addons don’t cause the issue.
  2. I’ve used a different server. Same issue.
  3. I’ve switched on and off the IPv6..
  4. I’ve turned off the firewall..
  5. I’ve turned off and then back on the Live data. The very first time I did this it worked. But only once. Never again.
  6. I’m running MSFS as an admin.

We see clouds on the 3D map, but when we enter the sim there are 0 clouds. METAR doesn’t show any clouds, but we get the wind. Thanks.

Same here.. I have tried everything mentioned above. Only VPN works.
FYI, the problem exists in more than one Greek ISP providers.
Please fix this!!

Same to Turkey. I tried everything but nothing fixed. I see clouds in flight plan menu but when I enter the sim not any clouds. Just blue sky… I have been struggling with this issue since 2 days. My ISP is Vodafone Turkey. I have 200 Mbps fibre broadband. But when I connect other Turkish ISP’s everything works fine.

No live weather for me too. (Greece).With a VPN it works fine.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yeap

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

No extra info. He describe it perfectly.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

yup

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Exactly the same with the op.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I have the same problem as well but I don’t think it is isp related. My isp is millenicom which I think uses Turk Telekom’s internet infrastructure, yet the problem still occurs.

8 days, still counting and no info about no clouds on live weather.

Still no clouds without VPN. So i 'm guessing apart from the GAME PASS subscription we have to pay also for VPN? Good job Asobo.

the game stop working in an entire country and Asobo dont even care about that…

Who can be taged?

i just saw this dedicated thread for people from greece … The greek flight sim community did some testing and i have answered in the other main thread here Live weather stops injecting after a certain duration flown / certain time flown - #350 by Acimos

For the ones who want to give it a try you can read the greek article on https://flightsim.gr/msfs-metar-cloud-fix/

Hello all,

pls be kind report clearly what problems with weather you have. It looks like that some users reported weather not completely available and other reported same problem from Weather stops inject after time. Pls share exact information about your problem because this Topic name is clear about problem, hope I understand it ok.

yep, you are right and i mentioned the issue on the main thread here in the forum! Here again and from what i saw during testing with some greek guys. Actually there can be two issues.

  1. METAR is correct but precipation and clouds are not rendered
  2. Live weather is not fetched at all giving a wrong METAR (outdated by many days/weeks) and therefore shows CAVOK.

Live weather is not loading at all and this has been happening over the last few days(i think it started after the last update).
So here is a pic at an airport with “bad” weather. This is what i get.

And this is after enabling my VPN (connected to a country in central europe for example)

Without installing or editing something else except CloudFlare Warp and enable it, i’v got weather again.

Just read the instruction from Greek community , it is very helpful.

Even Greek ISP’s or Asobo have problem its a working solution.

The metars its otinanai but its ok. Its a small step near to solution.


I’ve tried the CloudFlare Warp solution, but it still doesn’t work for me. I’ve tried different airports around the globe with bad weather, I still get crispy clear skies…

Guys, please, this thread is for bug reporting, -remember to vote- not for possible walkarounds.
Use the other thread (see link at ts above) for this purpose.