Live Weather only works on first load

Mine doesn’t work at all still getting 225/3.

Hi ereryone.
I got exactly the same issue. I’m in 1.11.7.0 release now.
Need to quit the sim and run again to reactivate real weather.
If not, if I prepare new flight, I don’t have anymore wind info on departure airport and of course no real weather. I try all combination with multiplayer activated or not.
Did you find any fix to get back real weather for the next flights in the same sim session ?
Thanks.
Fred

Nope. The workarounds apparently work for some, not for all. I’ve tried everything and only a restart works.

1 Like

Hi.
It’s 01:25am local time in France.
I just checked Live Weather and… well… it’s perfectly working now.
I will check on tomorrow.
F.

Hi.
Just checked this morning 11:30am France local time, it doesn’t work anymore… ??..
I will try late on this evening.
F.

You do understand it’s when you fly consecutive flights (back to main menu, then back in the game) where the issue exists, right?

Yes yes. I perfectly understand.
My test is at Le Bourget LFPB. These last days, weather is rainy/cloudy in Paris.
So, before sleeping, I started testing. First flight is, naturally, ok with Live Weather. And every following flights (back to menu, selecting position parking on same airport and start flight) were ok with Live Weather. Even when choosing directly Live Weather before entering flight or selecting during the flight through tool bar. And to complete test, during this success session, I changed airport too and it was perfectly working. I check consistency between real METAR and what is get on sim.
This morning, I do exactly the same test, same procedure : no way to have a second flight ok with Live Weather.
I check everything on my system. No update on anti-virus, windows or whatever. I monitor the network load of my connection too. I wait to a calm system process before launching sim. Absolutely no system behavior change between session.
I’m working in IT and I know how to perform test for troubleshooting. We must be clear and perform exactly same unit test.
So I will do it again this evening.
Does anyone know if an online live weather request is generate each time Live weather is selected ? Is it pre-loaded during MSFS launch ? What is its update frequency ? Anyone knows the IP requested server ? Datas are downloaded directly from meteoblue server (the weather partner) or through Microsoft/Xbox Game session ?
Voilà. I garantee you it was perfectly working yesterday evening.
Fred

Edit /
13/12 - 09:06 pm : Live Weather NOK. The workaround with selecting Live through toolbar in flight : NOK
14/12 - 00:35 am : NOK
14/12 - 10:00 am : Live Weather is perfectly working ! With or without the workaround

I think it’s related to session context and live weather server infrastructure.
At this moment right now, on my side, Live Weather is 100% functional.

ALWAYS load your flights with Clear Skies preset, after flight has loaded, click Live Weather on the custom toolbar and real-weather should be loaded within 5 seconds.

If loaded with Live Weather from World Map screen, it will broke and the only fix is to reboot the sim every time.

8 Likes

Ok, I got it now.

The issue is : from the moment Live weather is activated from option screen (before flight), Live weather will work only on the next flight. For all following flights, Live Weather will be NOK, even by using workaround.

Ok, so I perform again a test.
I did ALWAYS choose Live weather from toolbar during flight, and clear sky is ALWAYS setup on option screen. >> Ok I confirm it works !

I will try again later. The “ALWAYS” is important :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot for the precision !!
Fred

1 Like

More weirdness.

Up until today it wasn’t working past 1st flight. Origin airport would show real weather on planner then the destination would have blank for wind speed. This resulted in clear skies and 29.92 baro. I’d have to either restart simulator (no workarounds would work)… Mind you, for me Live weather worked 100% of the time prior to NA update as long as I selected live weather every time before flight and before entering any airports. Since NA patch, the live weather setting would stick, but the above nonsense occurred.

Today, the live weather setting still sticks and I get live weather on second flight too (only did 2 flights so far, let’s see if it works on third…)

So, either it works by regions (I was flying Canada to Greenland yesterday)… Today I am in Iceland going towards UK. OR it’s something to do with which server I am connected to (haven’t checked which one I was on yesterday, but today I am connected to US West as opposed to usually US East)… That’s my theory.

Oh well… When it doesn’t work, I just use Rex and the tradeoff is I get some snow accumulation and can fly around snowy landscapes. If I use Live Weather and it works, I get beautiful layered clouds. I am fine with it while they tune this.

Honestly, it shouldn’t be that complicated.

Live weather activated, it applies to all the flights until the option is ticked off, period.

We are at a point where we, the users, are doing the work around that the dev should have fixed a loooong time ago…

What is infuriating, is that we know it can work if we put some work into it and get to “know” the limitation of the software which is totally absurd.

See, I submitted another bug about the cloud heights not being kept when you try to make a custom weather situation and moving cloud heights around. The whole weather thing is big hot mess since day 1.

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

thanks for the tip fellas, before live weather worked for me all the time, but lately started this weird behaviour…

Well, I tried the recommendations posted here and I can’t get the ■■■■ weather to work. I tried re loading the whole game, going back to the main menu, selecting clear skies, then real-time weather in the sim.

Ah, minor detail: ATIS does work.

I have started experiencing the same for the last 2 days. Before then, weather worked fine. All of a sudden I am seeing only clear weather.

No changes to my system or sim.

ATIS is reporting real weather.

Sim is loading clear weather.

I have tried loading clear and switching to live. No change.

I have tried loading weather from map. No change.

It’s a bit of a shame but can load preset weather successfully. But it’s just not as good as the real thing. :slightly_frowning_face:

Edit: restarted the SIM again and opened the flight with clear skies. Setting the live weather during the flight worked this time. :+1::+1::+1:

2 Likes

Same for me. Live weather worked for multiple flights without problems, but after the Update on Tuesday I stepped into the same “it works once, thereafter not anymore” thing many pilots describe for longer in the forums.

Crazy. I’ll give it a try with the workaround and hope Asobo is going to fix this.
As long as I do flights for the VA, it doesn’t matter to me, because I normally do one leg and close the sim.
But GA Flying with more shorter legs is a pain with this live weather bug…

1 Like

This is unfortunately still an issue after the latest patch. I flagged this thread because it should be moved to the new issues category.

Edit: there is already a new thread about this:

Unfortunately, it is at the moment not possible to merge and keep the votes, so please just vote in the new thread again.

2 Likes

Buy RexForce 2020 and ditch the non working Asobo weather. They have really fixed that program and it’s working well. I have a feeling anything that’s not working within their program is a result of Asobo’s code not working. Anyway at least we have an option for real weather. I don’t have confidence the core game weather will ever work well.

The Live Weather problem may happen with some addon files stored in the “Community” Folder. I have tried to empty the “Community” Folder and reload FS again, The Live Weather comes back on every flights again.

1 Like

Not for me. Tried all this. Second flight or loading a flight after restart of the sim. Does not work.

Clear skies. And since the save it put on live weather. I cannot force it to load again.

But when loading a in flight flight. To have weather back before loading it up. Put your departure and destination airport in the flight planner. It will load the weather then… Load up your flight and have fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like