Live Weather only works on first load

So, the first time i load the game (no matter where i load in at) the weather is accurate (ish). But if i end a flight, or just go back to the main menu, the next load-in will not load live weather and will show as clear skies. Even if i select a different weather while loaded in and go back to live, it doesnt load.

The only way i can get it to come back is to exit completely out of the game, and then load back in, and “again” its only on the “first load”.

this is exactly the same on my side, doing so shows the weather as it is at that location in real life! So with this knowledge i always restart FS from beginning! B.t.w. i do this since release date, doing so produced really less CTDs for me!

1 Like

This happens because you have multiplayer turned off in the game options. It resets it back to clear skies after every flight. The flight options do not change the game options.

Edit: If you use the Live weather preset instead of the Live button on the left, it seems to stick

Late response here, but i wanted to try every scenario i could possibly try. So even with all possible combinations (all selections tried), it still only loads the weather on the first load. As before, i park the plane, exit back to the main menu, launch another trip, and its back to blank (live) weather (or in other terms “clear weather”). I’m sure there isnt currently a fix, but hopefully this can be addressed (as im not the only one). I’ve tried everything other than re-installing this massive behemoth lol.

1 Like

Unfortunately live weather is just inconsistent. Most times I only get live weather on the 1st flight but sometimes it works on every flight. One definite thing is that if it doesn’t work, then nothing brings it back, other that a full shut-down of MSFS. And sometimes live weather has clear skies anyway, so you’re not sure if it’s working or not. When I get clear skies now I just hit B, and if the barometer changes from 29.92 then I know I have live clear skies.

1 Like

Make sure you vote here
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/consolidated-vote-live-weather-issues-v1-10-8-0/286778?u=bilingualharp7

So… it is eighteen different things and then it isn’t, or it isn’t eighteen different things and then it is? I’m confused.

Pretty sure it has absolutely nothing to do with liveries.

Rather any setting change to other than live Live Multiplayer, Live AI traffic, Live weather & Time will mean that the weather will default to ‘custom’ with clear skies, on return to the map menu screen, after completion of you first flight.

To re-enable live weather without restarting the sim, you must open the flight conditions and reselect live weather & time, BEFORE (vitally important) selecting any departure/arrival location or adjusting the time with the slider on the map page. You can then select a location or adjust the time as needed.

If you do this correctly, live weather will again be active for you subsequent flight. You can do this indefinitely, returning to the map screen and starting a new flight, with live weather.

4 Likes

If selecting weather each time is a solution, Asobo could simply have weather behave like airports (ie has to be selected for each flight). This would not require them to fix the actual problem, which must be complex as we’re up to other 6 and real weather is still not fixed.

Unfortunately all ways suggested of selecting live weather, for a second flight, does not fix the issue. I removed my previous comments of the liveries and such being the issue (as this turned out to not make any difference and I don’t want to confuse folks). Either way, I’m open to more suggestions, but I’m starting to think this is just something a future patch will have to fix. I still believe it’s a conflict in the coding somewhere between ending the first flight and starting a second one, otherwise it wouldn’t break specifically while the code is loaded and then reset when the code is dumped. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for now though. Thanks for everyone’s advice so far.

1 Like

Sadly there’s no cure as for now. I’ve sent another report to ZD just to make me feel relieved.

2 Likes

Hi there,

doing a second flight in a row right now. Which means:

1. end previous flight
  2. go to menu
  3. plan next flight
  4. start flight

Weather is set to live all the time. Starting the second flight, weather at dep airport is still live. But when taking off and climbing, it get’s stuck in standard barometric and clear skies. No way to bring it back to live again (even if it says “live” in the weather menu). It stays this way up to arr airport (also STD pressure and clear skies).

Yes, I experience the same bug

So, isn’t it funny how you find a fix for something when your trying to find a fix for something else? Well… I was having a photogrammetry issue (won’t get into details) and they suggested deleting rolling cache and “leaving it off”. After trying that, not only did it fix those issues but now my weather loads live every flight :open_mouth: and it also plays smoother overall. Now I’m not claiming this is the fix for everyone but this has fixed my issue (among other things)

1 Like

Turned rolling cache off a while ago (scenery issues). But that doesn’t help the weather problem. Have to quit and restart MSFS between every flight. Then it works.

Same issue here. You dont need to restart the game, just log in and out of your xbox account (top right corner).

I am experiencing the same thing.

Sometimes get multiple flights with live weather usually don’t.
tried number solutions from forum that don’t work for me.

Reboot is only solution, given it works sometimes… has to be something ms server side.

I forgot to mention that I had to exit the game and relaunch after deleting and turning off my rolling cache. If that doesn’t work, I’m sorry and hope you do find the solution guys.

1 Like

Bug still there in latest patch.