Live Weather Reports and Discussion

I wish I was in the same boat. I can’t use the live weather. Last night at Martha’s Vineyard KMVY it was cloudy with thunderstorms in sim. IRL it was clear skies. I turned off the live weather and flew to Provincetown, Mass KPVC. After I landed there, before returning to the menu, I switched back to live weather from the parking area. Initially it was cloudy with thunderstorms and then updated to clear skies with 36kt winds. That’s a lot of wind. When I checked the IRL weather, wind was only at 6kts.

The previous night I was getting thunderstorms at Martha’s Vineyard and also at Chatam, Mass. IRL there were no thunderstorms, only clouds and fog.

It seems to be hit or miss with me, but mostly miss. As I only fly on VATSIM, live weather rarely works for me, and it’s such a kicker because when it does work, it’s a beautiful thing. It’s disappointing not to be able to enjoy it.

One thing I figured out during my testing, ATIS works ok with the preset weather, but never with the live weather. I reported this to Zendesk as well.

I’m hoping these items go back on the Asobo top issues list.

CYTR, clear sky almost no cloud but I hear thunder all around me!! Weird.
The wind and altimeter are still not very close to actual numbers. Meteoblue and MSFS2020 not a good match. If they can’t get this thing to work properly, they should make a deal with software company like HIFI. But I’m sure the fact that we are doing a flight using the cloud, who knows what is needed here to fix this.

2 Likes

I just made a flight over Greece, there was no clouds in the sky, suddenly a lightning strike appears out of nowhere, followed by several others. I think it was Zeus. HAHA

Vote this guys: Lightning in mostly sunny skies

4 Likes

Since 1.9.3, [USA East server] I’d say weather for me is 90% accurate 90% of the time; winds are with 5kts and 10° of direction, the weather is within 5° and the barometer is within .05. the other 10%, half the time time its off cause of a sudden weather front that is slow to be published/migrated thru the weather stations -> metroblue -> MS servers -> game client, or the other half seems to be stuck/off by 6-12 hours old.

The only seriously wrong thing right now is lighting went from being 30% (rare even in big storms) to 300% (from every other cloud).

Real Weather is not working anymore with the latest patch. First graphics now the weather…!

Actual live weather in the sim at my hometown airport…

Actual weather in real about 2nm away from my hometown airport

As I scrolled down, I thought that was a shot from someone’s cockpit. :scream:

4 Likes

:smiley: too bad it’s not, sorry

1 Like

And what airport is that ?

Whats wrong with Live weather? My plane is shaking so much :open_mouth: … this didnt happen before

@ JoaoMachado96

This isn’t depended to weather.

What I remember, some shaking of aircrafts was implemented as like flight dynamic feature after start of engine :smiley: try find that in release infos…

1.8.3.0 ???

You can do logical simple test :slight_smile: set clear weather if shaking go away. Result?

LOWG Graz Thalerhof

Man im flying on A320 at 25,000 feet , and he was shaking so much like if there is to much wind…but is shaking a lot…is this realistic?

1 Like

@ JoaoMachado96

Then you need post clear infos, how then I can understand your words??? I don’t have crystal ball…

ahaha sorry my english man :stuck_out_tongue:

What i mean is, before these updates, the movement was natural and realistic, but now he shake so much like if we had so much wind, much turbulence…if this is was real, passengers would be so scary ahaha

No,

this isn’t about your English, you didn’t post infos about used aircraft type and other relevant things in your post, that’s all.

Perfectly fine with me

Even better … clear in east … clouds forming above alps in the west … just like real weather satellite images

EAST

WEST

Ahhh okok sorry, im flying with A320 and the problems i have with A320 are:

Bat 1 and 2 i never can turn on, always have to start in cold;
in takeoff he goes to right like had a lot of wind

are the problems i have now.

And i hope they improve the Live Weather too

1 Like

For me now it’s also like this. But earlier it had issues

For me i experienced wind direction and speed anomalies on all airport.
Checked real metar and honestly wind and qnh not accurate as it should.
With clouds its hard to compare but it seems ok but surely not accurate.

1 Like

This is problem from release day and continue till this time, looks like will continue to infinity…