Live weather servers down 26/27 November

Live weather down on N.Europe and W.Europe server. It worked for me when I switched to the East USA server. Just experienced the full Storm Arwen experience and it was awesome :trophy:

1 Like

Yeah, it looks great. However, your footage clearly shows a flaw in the weather depiction since SU7: the linear wind, no up- or downdrafts, no gusts. Around the time you landed at EGNX the reported winds were in the range of 33019G30KT, and you were landing “on rails”.
No offence, I just want to make clear that although some servers might be working there are issues with the weather depiction since SU7.

1 Like

The gusts not working in Live-weather. It has not since SU4.

2 Likes

Unable to get live weather. It’s been down all day :frowning:

For the life of me I cannot understand how there isn’t a mechanism in place to detect and immediately fix these constant outages. I can’t believe the whole team behind this simulator is relying on users to report issues.
I understand that sometimes a fix cannot be immediate but here we are seeing pretty much every day some of the online services going down.

1 Like

I agree with you. I’m surprised it’s not in the #self-service:wishlist for some type of server monitoring. I don’t think it could tie into the forum software to reflect that status.

2 Likes

Some additional data supporting this is server specific
I’ve been playing for the past 4 hours and live weather has been working.

You’re quite right. We should’ve been dancing all over the place almost to the point control was marginal. Lots of real flights this weekend had terrifying landings.
For a Cessna 172 to have pulled this off today would’ve been a miracle.

1 Like

Still not found a live thunderstorm either. I know that feedback is seen by those who matter and that urgent “show-stopping” bugs are fixed first, but it would be really nice to have an acknowledgement from MS/Asobo, that there are issues and they’re being looked at.

I mean, the atmosphere is a pretty important part of a flight simulator. It’s a show-stopper for some.

1 Like

They said meteoblue updates will update data more often now. Is it because of that it starts working and then it stops working suddenly? For me live-weather is down now again.

When did they say that about meteoblue? And what about clouds hight?

It was in Q&A 29 september about the new weather system. I will look it up and post it.

Edit: here it is.

1 Like

So that was over a week ago? I tried to fly again today but as expected, no changes. But I could see cumuloninmbus coming out the ground wit a flatter layer of clouds at the bottom again stuck on the ground
at least it was reading in the center of the planet :slight_smile: :laughing:

Ok thanks
but it seams they are discussing the issues we have now
I don’t understand
unless it’s a gigantic bug.

It was from 29 september before SU6 update. It was about bug weather not matching they talked about the improvements in weather that should come with SU7.

Everything that didn’t make it and actually made it a lot worse. The thing I don’t get it is that we talked a lot about Metar and how it could make the whole system more accurate
but in the video they say they wanted to use more meteoblue, which in my understanding is what in the past gave us that beautiful weather
so now what happened? Maybe a bug that is just using metar and excludes meteoblue? It’s been over a week since I properly played the game :frowning:

2 Likes

Me too, just start it up and testing if they done something to fix it. Maybe they thought it was better than it was. I want options to turn METAR off. This is off topic though. Lets talk about the live-weather servers here again :slight_smile: They are very unstable.

1 Like

Before the update I could look at the world map, look at the cloud coverage, and guess what Metroblue thought the weather was for a given airport. It may not be accurate, but at least I could guess what the game model thought was going on.

Now looking at the satellite map is pointless.

With SU7 the stated intent is that they will use, (possibly hourly?) METAR data around an airport
bubble", mixing it with the periodic (daily?) Metroblue data as you fly away from the airport.

I just flew out of my local airport. It’s raining, the METAR says it’s raining. I look at the window and it’s raining. In fact the entire region is getting a steady rain.

The sim dropped in the airport with not a cloud in the sky. I look up and see blue everywhere.

Is it because the bubble/blend doesn’t work? Is that because they can’t reliably interpret METAR? Is it because some Azure server died? Is it because they didn’t provision enough Azure resources? Is it because they didn’t get their new system right before they released it?

Who can tell. The customers don’t have enough information and the vendor isn’t talking.

But on the other hand, they say they are listening. I guess we should feel better since we’re not being ignored.

3 Likes

Many questions no answeres. I feel the same as you. I just want the old weather system back again. Those METAR bubbles make the meteoblue weather magically dissapear.

1 Like

I can only report once again that live weather is not loading in my case at all today. Tried switching servers, toggling online functionality on and off etc
 nothing is injected.