Live weather - Temperature spikes at FL450

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox. PC

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue: In the WT CJ4 mod, as I was levelling out at FL450, OAT suddenly spiked to a figure in the mid/high 200deg C range. My IAS went from about 180 to 60kts, ITT displayed off-scale high, N1 was about 30% and the aircraft largely went out of control. Once the aircraft descended (plummeted?!) back to about FL440 the temperature returned to the previous value (about ISA -6), and all parameters returned to normal. I tried climbing back up to FL450 and got the exact same behaviour again. Ended up amending cruise to FL430 and so far no further issues. It would appear that the live weather is injecting an erroneous temperature at FL450 in the SW United States currently (Arizona / New Mexico area).

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Date 23NOV21 Time 2000z. Location, Out of KFFZ on J65 between TAGGS and TMACK (near the AZ NM border) Climb to FL450, experience above symptoms.

Known issue, I see it in the notes.

2 Likes

Sorry just saw the same.

I’ve also been seeing some rather balmy temperatures at high flight levels leading to awful climb rates of max 400fpm in a lightly loaded NEO at FL250. Temperatures still positive at FL300 etc…anyone getting déjà vu?

1 Like

Hi everyone, I have the same problem. Was at FL 330 for about 10 minutes then suddenly the temperature rises to over +200 degrees. I had to go down, from FL 310 everything was OK again. But of course it threw my ATC completely messed up so that I had to fly a holding during the approach during a STAR waypoint. I hope it can be fixed quickly. Many greetings

Are you seriously saying that they still din’t have fixed that huge bug? That would be such a shame that we have to wait each time for the next planned version. That’s an extremely bad customer service. Obvious bugs should be fixed as soon as possible.

Hello everyone, now I have a new problem. Yesterday I flew from Düsseldorf to Munich. Live Weather, FL310. After approx. 10 min. Back at the height, forcibly down to FL290 because of. too high temperatures. Today, however, Z0830, weather variable at 9 knots, foggy and snowy, I took off from Munich to Dresden. I started and suddenly from an altitude of 1700 feet the weather under the clouds became clear and I had a temperature of +190 degrees Celsius. Another rise is impossible. I started the emergency landing approach and below an altitude of 1500 feet I had the normal temperature again according to the weather service. Can you please solve the problem quickly? Unfortunately, a flight like this is impossible. I am using the current FBW A320Version DevMode. Best regards

I have just taken off at YPAD Australia,actual temp around 14C,noticed my altimeter was reading around 1500ft when i couldnt of been more than 500,then noticed OAT was 125C,best switch to make believe weather me thinks :rofl: :rofl: :rage: