Live weather working sporadically - stuck on clear skies, 20C, 2992, 225/5 with live weather on

For the last couple of days, live weather seems to be an issue. It’s hit or miss. And I’m not talking about it not being accurate. I mean it simply doesn’t work. I see temp of 20C, wind 225/5 and clear skies, regardless of what the live weather actually says. The only thing that can fix it is restarting the sim.

Anyone else seeing this? Are we getting a repeat of the live weather bug that was finally fixed in SU4?

PS - it’s not like the old issue only working on the first flight. This time, it may not work at all on first flight.

6 Likes

I’m not seeing precipitation, but I am seeing the clouds and weather systems in the correct spots.

I mentioned this in a thread a few days ago. Even when it is working, there doesn’t appear to be any thunderstorms.
Currently clear skies in Cuba, Florida, Milan and Barbados in MSFS so it is broken right now.

Right now it doesn’t seem to matter where I fly. I get default weather when Live weather is selected. Even restarting the sim isn’t helping. Everywhere is clear, 20C, 29.92 baro, and 225/5 wind. ATIS shows correct weather, but the weather engine refuses to load it. And it says METAR is not found when I try to view it. I’ve just tried from CYGK, KAPF, KEYW, and KSAN. Same result everywhere.

I give up. I’m parking the sim until a hotfix or until the next sim update in February. I’ve had it.

2 Likes

Yes. I’ve been getting the clear sky, 29.92, 235/3. but it is not consistent. Sometimes it corrects itself if I switch off Live Weather and then enable again. Sometimes I have to wait up to 5 minutes fo the Live Weather to start. Other times, like the flight I’m doing right now, the Live Weather refuses to start, even after a reset of the flight or a sim shutdown and restart. I’ve tried connecting to different servers and no difference.

I haven’t been able to find any consistent reason why Live Weather won’t start. :man_shrugging:

That seems to be exactly what I’m having. Normally restarting the sim works. Not today. Restarted 7 times total, trying to load in at different airports. No weather at all.

I’m tired of troubleshooting this stupid update. I’m done for the time being. X-Plane is starting to look pretty good. It’s not as pretty, but it works. No point in having something that looks good if it doesn’t work.

5 Likes

Suprised i had to go back a day to find a report of this, seems live weater bug is back, i’ve learned to get a feel of when it’s going to happen as the world map struggles to show weather before loading and our 223/3 friend comes back

1 Like

Getting this too. Had been working pretty perfectly for me since Sim update 7 up until now.

Same here right now. Set to real weather like allways but I have clear skies no matter where I put my aircraft.
I change to custom weather and its ok but I try to come back to real weather setting does not working now.

1 Like

Maybe they’re working on the live weather issues we’ve been having since the update.

Some people have mentioned slight changes or minor improvements over the past few days. Perhaps the system goes down when they update the code? Just a guess.

Possibly but it seems random 50/50 for me since update, zendesk submitted

Right now UKBB metar says overcast and MSFS has clear skies. There is no clouds, even not a very tiny one :unamused:

Live weather just kicked back on for me, 55 minutes into a flight on descent.

1 Like

Just relaunced and i see this kind of return on world map and then i expect it not to work, ill see what happens now…

Yep failed to load 29.92 223/3

it has since popped in as per the above post but did fail at first maybe this has been a tempory server side issue tonight

I started back using REX Weather Force. I noticed after SU7 the live weather was working but everywhere I went had the clouds in the ground or at like 1,000 AGL down around coastal cities. Luckily REX Weather Force is working great.

yep that has been highly reported and i have experienced this too i hope it gets fixed else i’ll be very tempted to give that a try, but on topic of the sporadic clear skies for this post i’m still sure there is some issue here on and off

I have a feeling it’s a bit different this time. It’s due to METAR data not loading, and weather at airports is now METAR driven rather than the weather engine. It would seem from some reports that once you get into the air and outside of the METAR range, you suddenly get a drastic shift from the default “no” weather to weather actually working.

In any case, Asobo ■■■■■■ up again.

1 Like

I still have no weather, and more and more threads about this are popping up everywhere with others reporting the same.

Still nothing but silence from Microsobo about this. Mods have stated it’s been pushed up the chain, but otherwise, no word yet.

Annoyingly the live weather issues were marked as fixed in this thread from today: Live weather down? 24/11/2021 - #148 by Viralwhite

Clearly they are not fixed and shouldn’t have been marked as so.

I just saw this as well. Just loaded into a flight a few mins ago. No weather here. SO it’s not fixed.