Live weather working sporadically - stuck on clear skies, 20C, 2992, 225/5 with live weather on

True. Now that you mention it my mid mouse button was also nor responsive in one session. But rebooting solved the issue. But I never had this before either. I guess there’s an update upcoming soon. I read something abt. a big one coming in January. Maybe that’s the forerunners?!

Doesn’t this issue occur way too often for a big company like MSFT and Asobo?!

7 Likes

My assistance settings were all reset back to Easy last time I opened the sim. Strange times we are living in.

Idk? How many other companies have a flight simulator running on two different plattforms with world streaming, weather streaming, traffic streaming, vr, atc for every single airport. I mean don’t get me wrong, it’s annoying for sure, especially the old bugs they tranfered over from the fsx code are a bit ebarrassing to them for sure. But on the other hand I give them that nobody else ever even tried to do such a massive project. Considering that it actually runs pretty good 80% of the time for me I find it not so bad at all. But you’re right that it must get better.

1 Like

I think that’s something they fixed in the beta.

Definitely a massive project, no doubt about that! But it really is their job to provide a platform that actually works almost 100 percent of time. People pay money for things that work and not for things that work 80% of time! Plus some of us may plan vacations/time offs, weekend around this game. So when a game is this unreliable, you tend to not plan anything around it. I was planning to spend over $5K buying a new computer! Seeing all the issues, not sure if I should do that…

7 Likes

Lately i had the suspicion there are silent updates, because it felt like some things where working better (for example my pet peeve with ai refusing to vacate the runway). But i cant think of a reasoning behind it, so maybe be coincidences.

To be honest the only thing the other sims don’t do is the ground texture streaming (but it’s possible there with add ons) and the weather not beeing entirely based on metar. But your point is valid, it is still a massive project.

1 Like

Yeah I feel ya. I guess I played FSX for too long to really wonder about or getting mad at it. But I get your point.

1 Like

They lost me on FSX. I used to be a hardcore player all the way through FSX and then FSX came and I decided to give it up. Started back on with MSFS 2020 and I really love it. Except the issues we have been having over the past year and a half which I am hoping they will address soon. I think they have to figure if they don’t have the server capability at least release the live weather to developers like Activesky and let them handle it.

3 Likes

I also stoped with FSX at some point years ago. I was hooked for a couple years but then lost interest. But I always had an xbox so of course when it came to gamepass on console I was thrilled and yeah like you say, when it works I really love it.

The thing with fsx was at some point you could throw hardware at it and it never ran any better. I still have it installed without any addons, and the performance is abysmal while FS2020 runs relatively smooth on the same machine.

Same, makes it even more annoying how often everything falls apart in different ways.

1 Like

Think you’re onto a winner there

I’m having this issue since December 20th . Live weather does’t work. Temperature is +20ºC in all places, wind calm, no clouds at all. Some of you have this issue too? Can I fix it in some way? I’m desperate.

Still no live weather available here in the UK. The banner from the team reads rather economically “… Live Weather is not working CORRECTLY”. The fact is Live Weather is not working AT ALL and hasn’t been for at least 36 hours. No apology for the disruption, no explanation and no action. Only consolation being we’re no longer surprised nor disappointed by such occurrences.

14 Likes

Hmmm… Had to check the situation here in EFHK… This is pretty much the same what we got in reality… Low clouds, visibility not so great… Only thing is that the sun is not visible through the clouds as it is in the sim.

That looks like only the low visibility is simulated there and not any clouds. The visibility simulation seems to work independently of the servers, so it works even when servers are down.

1 Like

I see, could be that then. Let´s hope that this thing get fixed asap.

Is the temperature correct though?

Nope… 19 degrees celsius, the reality is -5 or -6… Oh dear…

1 Like

Sounds like they’ve bitten off more than they can chew.

1 Like