Liveries in my Community folder wont show up in game

Before the latest update I would place my liveries in my community folder, now after the update none of the liveries appear when I go into my hanger. My file still has the the liveries but none show up in the game or in hanger. I downloaded latest liveries that work for patch 5 however they still don’t show up in the hanger. Just shows the default skin. any suggestions or ideas?

you have to delete ALL liveries and reinstall the newest patch they had to made after Asobo killed them all in their past patch.

I have megapack of liveries, and they all work just fine.

I actually use this issue as an opportunity to build some sense of standardisation to my liveries. The Megapack is nice, but it’s too messy and lack of standards in the structure and Aircraft.CFG settings. So many wrong callsigns, tail numbers, and some of them don’t even have AI traffic set up too.

At least with this issue, I could fix the liveries I’m having problems with while also standardising them into a same structure and assign the right values and to make them appear in the airport gates and the proper callsigns.

1 Like

Tail numbers and callsigns? How come I can choose my own tail numbers and callsigns? And all liveries I have used is working with atc. Should I also say I use only real time weather and traffic…?
Never had any issues…

EDIT: Just updated megapack version 8 to 11, and both versions works after update.

Yeah you can still use callsigns and tail number from the ATC options in the world map when you plan your flights. These are all fine and works well since it will override whatever that was set up in the liveries anyway.

But I don’t want to change or fill in the callsigns and flight number everytime I want to fly with different liveries. Then there’s an issue where the callsigns can’t have space and will always convert your text to all capital letters.

For example, if you want to have Air France as a callsign, it’ll use AIRFRANCE instead. Compared to the callsigns of the Live AI traffic, it’s a big eyesore to me.

So, what I do is I open the Aircraft.cfg file for each of the liveries I installed, and I put the parameters that I want. “Air France” then the flight number, and the Tail Number depending on the livery. Some liveries have a painted tail number so I had to keep it " " with a space, that way the sim won’t take ASXGX or whatever default tail number they have and impose it to the livery.

When I fix these values on the livery properly. All I need to do is switch liveries in the world map, while keeping everything blank in the ATC options. And it’ll always use the proper callsigns, flight number, and tail number that I set up.

1 Like

that’s awesome bro!

I’ve downloaded the updated mega pack in the community folder but their not coming up to select in hanger. I’ve attached a pic of what I see in hanger. I have the default and the flybywire (because their mod)

If your liveries are in a drive or folder different from the default, you will need to copy them to the appropriate folder on the C drive.

Did you installed python to get them working?

Are you using the mod?

Python? Because of liveries? You must be kidding me, right? :smiley:

You put all the liveries in the community folder.
Every single one is a standalone.
Then run MSFS, and they are ready for use.

Discord link for the latest liveries pack:

How can I uninstall python?
I go to my files and it says it was never installed but it still appears under my C: drive.

The megapack has been updated and it works now.
I just removed everything and installed the new megapack.

https://liveriesmegapack.com/LiveriesMegaPackVersion11.3.zip

Each individual livery in the megapack can be used just copying its folder to the community folder for MSFS. If you want them all copy them all, if you only want a few copy those.

So why did his workaround made me install python 3.9 , now it doesn’t let me uninstall it because I get pop up window that says python was never installed but yet I see it on my C drive

Forget python, just install the new megapack. Make it simple.
Desperation leads to workarounds, patience leads to updates, fear leads to Xplane.

3 Likes

The issue is that now it won’t let me uninstall python off my computer.

Why would you want to uninstall python?
Leave it there, maybe one day you can learn some python :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not funny