Liveries not selectable after update?

Hey folks! Got a bit of an issue after yesterdays update. For certain aircraft I can no longer select liveries. They show up in the liveries selection and the thumbnails are also showing in the hangar, but when I select them they default to the default livery. I have already tried removing them, reinstalling them. Rebooting several times and other options and nothing seems to be working. I have found out too that if I select a livery thumbnail and exit out of the sim, it becomes sort of the “new default” which is weird… Any thoughts?

Thanks fellas, I appreciate your time.

yep, they appear to change in world. But then when you fly it appears to be just default. Only tried a couple planes so far though. They said mods also have to be updated so it could be something to do with that.

Thanks for the response. Glad to see that it’s not just me. Hopefully a fix can be made and distributed soon. I miss my different paint jobs. :pensive:

You can resync via developer mode to fix this.

I did that and it worked, but I am only able to do it one livery at a time and if I want to change It up, I got to do the whole process again. Do you know of a way to sync all of the liveries at once so they can be permanently selectable again with their thumbnails?

Hi guys. Same problem here.

And everything was fine before the update…

Bingo same here. :pleading_face:

I am not sure if referencing another site is against the forum rules. But there is a fix by adding the model.cfg file for each livery that you have in the MODEL.TEXTURE folder, which you will need to create additional to the TEXTURE.LiveryName folder.

Message me, if anyone needs a pointer to that guide.

Flightsim.to has this:

2 Likes

Issue is fixed in the dev version of the A320nx (FlyByWire). Don’t know how they did that…

1 Like

Small update: in the link below is a fix to make your existing repaints work again. Also various painters have already updated their work… Currently flying easyJet to Leeds :slight_smile:

https://flightsim.to/blog/flight-simulator-patch-1-10-7-0-breakes-liveries-heres-how-you-fix-it/

2 Likes

Thanks. I had read these links last night but me being not too tech savvy, I’m concerned I won’t be able to successfully create or modify the files correctly. I’ll use the quick get around for now by using the dev mode method and just wait to see when the creators adjust for the update. Funny thing is that now I have to legit keep track of who I’m getting all these liveries from! Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate your time. :+1:t3:

The “For Creators” link works well - I’ve fixed my A320, 787 - but when I try to apply the same work around to the Cessna CJ4 and Longitude the Sim crashes to desktop - I think they use a different type of CFG file or method? Didn’t see a ‘model.cfg’ file or folder for the Longitude wonder if that’s it? The Longitude has model.fsarchive file but not going to mess with that - maybe will just take my favorite Longitude livery and overwrite the original textures after backing up.