Livery Discussion | Discuss Liveries Here!

In the livery file of your choice, you have to open the files :

layout.json

{
“content”: [
{
“path”: “SimObjects/Airplanes/Asobo_C172sp_AS1000-NOKEELWT/MODEL.MAIN/model.CFG”,
“size”: 224,
“date”: 132110228060000000
},
{
“path”: “manifest.json”,
“size”: 301,
“date”: 132437052000000000
},
{
“path”: “SimObjects/Airplanes/Asobo_C172sp_AS1000-NOKEELWT/TEXTURE.NOKEELWT/texture.CFG”,
“size”: 224,
“date”: 132110228060000000
},

manifest.json

{
“dependencies”: [
{
“name”: “Cessna 172 NOKEELWT”,
“package_version”: “VERSION NUMBER”
}
],
“content_type”: “AIRCRAFT”,
“title”: “Cessna 172 NOKEELWT”,
“manufacturer”: “Asobo”,
“creator”: “Nokeel”,
“package_version”: “VERSION NUMBER”,
“minimum_game_version”: “1.7.12”,
“release_notes”: {
“neutral”: {
“LastUpdate”: “”,
“OlderHistory”: “”
}
},
“total_package_size”: “00000000000000000000”

then in SimObjects - Airplanes - <Asobo_name of your plane>:

aircraft.cfg

[VERSION]
major = 1
minor = 0

[VARIATION]
base_container = “…\Asobo_C172sp_AS1000”

[FLTSIM.0]
title = “Cessna Skyhawk G1000 Asobo NOKEELWT” ; Variation name
model = “MAIN”; model folder
panel = “” ; panel folder
sound = “” ; sound folder
texture = “NOKEELWT” ; texture folder
kb_checklists = “Cessna172SP_check” ; Procedures/Checklist sibling file name
kb_reference = “Cessna172SP_ref” ; Reference information sibling file name
description = “Custom description” ; Variation description.
wip_indicator = 0 ; know if the variation is good to go or still WIP : -1=Disabled, 0=Rough, 1=1st Pass, 2=Finished
ui_manufacturer = “TT:AIRCRAFT.UI_MANUFACTURER” ; e.g. Boeing, Cessna
ui_type = “NOKEELWT” ; e.g. 747-400, 172
ui_variation = “NOKEELWT” ; e.g. World Air, IFR Panel
ui_typerole = “Single Engine Prop” ; e.g. Single Engine Prop, Twin Engine Prop, Rotorcraft, etc
ui_createdby = “Da Man Above” ; e.g. Asobo Studio, Microsoft, Wings Creates, etc
ui_thumbnailfile = “” ; app relative path to ThumbNail image file
ui_certified_ceiling = 14000 ; service ceiling / max certified operating altitude (ft)
ui_max_range = 640 ; max distance the aircraft can fly between take-off and landing in (NM)
ui_autonomy = 5 ; max duration the aircraft can fly between take-off and landing in (Hrs)
ui_fuel_burn_rate = 54 ; average fuel consumption per hour (lbs/hr) - Legion: fuel density is ~6.7lbs per US gallon
atc_id = “” ; tail number
atc_id_enable = 1 ; enable tail number
atc_airline = “Philly Philly” ; airline name
icao_airline = “” ; airline icao code
atc_flight_number = “” ; flight number
atc_heavy = 0 ; heavy?
atc_parking_types = “RAMP” ; “ANY” / “RAMP” / “CARGO” / “MIL_CARGO” / “MIL_COMBAT” / “GATE” / “DOCK”
atc_parking_codes = “” ; Comma separated and may be as small as one character each
atc_id_color = “” ; color for the tail number : i.e. “#ffff00ff
atc_id_font = “” ; font for the tail number
isAirTraffic = 1 ; Is the plane usable for air traffic
isUserSelectable = 1 ; Is the plane selectable by the user

and in those files you can see the name of the livery and to which plane it is linked.
Change those names to the name of your livery .dds files and livery texture.

In this example, each time you see “NOKEELWT”, I changed the original name myself to link my livery to the Asobo_C172sp_AS1000

Hope this helps

You can use this tool to generate the proper Layout.json and (possibly) the Manifest.json as well. So you don’t have to make them or edit them manually.

Anyone said Freedom?!

1 Like

Getting there…

3 Likes

Would love someone to do cape air liveries for both the Cessna 208 and Beechcraft King Air

Which files do we need to edit and how are we supposed to name and organize folders to make liveries for the new official Float variant of the C172 G1000?

I can make liveries successfully for the default C172 G1000, but cannot get any liveries to appear for the Float variant.

No, but looks like you sorted it out, and I am glad!

Alright, after a bit of jumping up and down with rage I figured out how to edit the floaters and will do a stream and blog about it soon. In the meantime you can download this skin by ANN0V and edit it.

Here is a blog post and video about making a basic skin based on one of the official ones after the last sim update a couple of days ago.

I can confirm that after Sim Update 5 we to need to restart the sim for it to detect changes to the livery. I hope this changes.

Why is it that nothing seems to work after that last update with painting and changing liveries to view them other than going out and back into the game? Then when you do your plane is not the one that comes up. Why are 90% or better of the downloads tagged as not known if they are compatible with the last update? Are they putting a stop to the freeware? Might want to consider a new hobby soon since nobody wants to listen to my thoughts on it I will leave it up to you to guess at what is going on here. I did not write this before that last quick update to fix some of the problems they created. And when I say created, I am talking about were not there before they updated. I am speaking up whether anybody else has the nerve to or not. From what I have seen I think I am the only person in the world who is complaining. How can that be? REALLY?

Hi guy I think that is just a bug by a Xbox lancement I didn’t think that anyone want to stop the freeware of community… So why there’s as the first time a community folder

Just be patient for a patch hope

1 Like

I uploaded a new livery.

A recreation of the GTA Dodo Plane livery.

It can be downloaded from either platform you like the most:

That looks absolutely gorgeous

Thx, available here, compatible with both default A320 & FBW

2 Likes

Thx…downloaded!

Updated my BA livery

4 Likes

Looking for a fictional Easyjet or BA (or any other UK carrier, G registered) for the Cessna Longitude without mirroring ?
Seems like liveries for this Longitude have gone dorment.

Adding more stuff to the A320

2 Likes

Can liveries be made for the Just Flight aircraft so that we can use our own numbers on the plane?

This jpg shows the two areas you want … the green arrow points to area under the wing, the red arrow to the area on the cowling.

1 Like