Livery Discussion | Discuss Liveries Here!

No, the angle of the default registration on the CJ4 tail cannot be modified. It is an HTML decal that you can’t edit directly. You’d have to modify the model to modify the decal.

I think the Citation CJ4 logo, however, very likely could be rotated a bit, as long as it doesn’t fall off of its decal surface. Look for it in the textures and try rotating that text a bit on the texture.

I realize I’m very late to answering your question here, but, no you’re not the only person. Several people have been discussing this with the developers over on the SDK forum. It’s due to a major change in the way the game is loaded. I agree, it’s pretty awful.

1 Like

Thank you, sir, much respect for not saying it’s just an X box bug LOL. (THE next part is not directed at you for replying, it is just me stating what I think. Not sure if I am right, or wrong but), I can’t believe the amount of people (Guys mostly or was I the only one who saw a lack of the feminine gender posting and replying) who are afraid it will ruin some chance to be well liked or respected if they say anything about those sweet old, nice guys at ASOBO. The truth is these guys are letting Mod writers do what they want, so they can reverse program the flight sim as they go, for the next 10 years, while modifying the program to get what they want out of it. They are not dumb; they just ran out of time so they are buying time using modifiers, that they will weed out completely over time. It was wrong to throw out a half-baked flight sim in the name of money, and then dirt on the people who helped them throw it out there, with an X-box salesmanship mentality. Marketing is all over this by the way. This is a business deal, and a bad one for the customers, and they know it. But because they are most likely getting side kick money from manufacturers too, who are raking in billions of Dollars from people trying to make a computer fast and mean enough to run it. They are toying with the modifiers to get them frustrated enough to give up the idea of freeware. What we see now is an intellectual property turf war. It’s ASOBO’s program, independent mods, and they control every personal computer out there, as to whether or not we can use any of it, and they do so with mandatory updates, because part of the program is their servers. They will dictate if you fly or not, by mandatory updates! Meaning they can pull the plug on users who paid for a program they don’t really own.at any time. FOR the next 10 years! Really? I’m 65 and probably won’t see that day. But if I do, I will not be able to come back to this post, and say I told you so. I might also add I myself am very uneducated in public school. Self-taught from the 1979 when I was building an 8080 computer with support chips to now where I build my own computers. This is an AMD 8370 4.01GHz 32.GB (31.9) On a Saber-tooth R3 MB with a 1/2TB in board M2 OS drive and a 1TBMa drive for this game in a PCI express slot and a 1660 video card. Home build Leo Bodnar board and other controllers as well. with a Thrust-master warthog stick and throttle, using Saitek/Logitech Rudder pedals and a PS4 type controller. Now that is not a top-of-the-line computer but tell me how many average people have that kind of build in their home. As for that PS4 controller they totally screwed it with the X-box butcher job they did on the controls. That are labeled everything but what they do with descriptions that are given exactly as the labels are typed. And yes, if that embarrasses them, or makes anybody want to take up for them, then I have made my point. The only reason I get bogs or frame rate issues is due to programing, and what is still a memory leak, caused by my computer having to stop, and fetch program data the entire time I am trying to get it to fly. So, they have effectively made the manual cache a piece of junk as well. ALL For X-BOX! Because the company wants one on every coffee table, and for people to quit buying gaming machines. So that we can spend tons of Carbon energy making low life expectancy, limited wind, power generators. So that they Kill birds, burn up and break, strobe your sun, require maintenance workers to drive out to and repair, and whirl your brains all day while you x-box your way to a real flight simulator program in the future. Can you say 2030? Written by 3 programmers.? For a world of people who generate money buy watching Data with tons of video cards for a guy who sold them out to China, so he can fly to space when the POOP hits the windmill! What’s on your hard drive? Doubt that’s going to be received well, the truth rarely is. Enjoy for the first 5 minutes your flight, and then after that fli i i i g h h h T! a little bit as a time. “The biggest bait and switch of 2020” Designed to waste your time and not for flight training! Please remove the contents in your community folder, and update it, and put it back, big scenery update is on the way! Disclaimer! This customer is wrong! Send out the ASOBO police, first responders with band-aids, etc… I laugh at ASOBO not with them. All I can do is make fun of this level of thinking. Either fix it or let somebody who can. Here is your sign, “Now Hiring” ({“REPLY”})? Hell yeah!

You ask how many are running an 8370? Hopefully none because it was trash when it came out, and is beyond potato 7 years later.

Whilst you may have some points in there, surely your self education taught you how to form paragraphs. A giant wall of rambling nonsense. The updates suck yes, but not as bad as your inability to be coherent.

1 Like

I would rather be incoherent than adherent. Even it it means running on a lot. Because there is only one thing more annoying that a program that takes a full 10 years with no good paragraphs in it. You guessed it!

Hello I am Hessjett a livery creator for legacy conversion aircraft MSFS2020 , Do you know of a file or code I can use to make the texture ‘shine glossy’ again . After update 5 all gloss was lost to the legacy liveries on all aircraft on sim . There is a big demand for the FSX aircraft that have been converted to FS2020 due to the greatness of the MSFS2020 simulator . If ASOBO could fix this issue I can say that many people ‘thousands’ would love them more than they already do , no joke . I myself enjoy the sim and to be able to fly lagacy aircraft is an added plus to MSFS2020 , any advice would be great , Thanks for your time hessjett@gmail.com Happy Flying

We never got an American Pacific Livery this game for any aircraft

The textures ending with _COMP controls what you call “gloss” using PBR workflow:

• Red channel: Ambient Occlusion
  • Green channel: Roughness (Low values gives shiny surface)
  • Blue channel: Metalness

If no COMP texture is used for the material in question, I guess you’d need to set the value in the GLTF files material section:

Range: 0.0 - 1.0 … (The lower value , the shinier surface.)

Thank you for this information however the fsx conversion aircraft use the MDL for model which I read is deprecated. I think that is the issue with the gloss missing after update 5 . The aircraft fly and texture color and detail remained great even after update 6 , but cannot get the gloss back . I use the FSX default livery base texture to paint and use pixel conversion tool - change from bmp to DDS and texture works great in FS2020 . So , long story short , what ever changed in the update 5 , took out the gloss on everyone’s fsx converted aircraft . And it makes a big difference , thanks again for your time and information - I am going to follow your guidance and continue to look for solution , Thanks

What program are you using to convert with? I hope you are not using DTX bmp still. I find Paint.net to be rather good at matching files if you simply attempt to over write it without following through. Then I go save it in another place or move the file that I am replacing to a safe folder. I have no idea if what I am saying makes sense to you or helps but I thought I would tried anyway.

Hello friends,

Where to find liveries for the Asobo PC-6 Porter? The excellent flightsim.to site only has liveries for a “Milviz” PC-6.

Is there another site you all would know off? Even a white paintkit would be great.

I would like you to know that after some great updates that have been done since this post. My 8370 machine runs MSFS 2020 just fine now. Thanks to the many who pointed out the memory leak issues, and those were finally worked on with both Asobo and Microsoft on windows updates. In fact I can run the program and record the flights with my music in the background.

I have had success with painting the C172 and Caravan. I’m trying to paint the Beech Baron and all is well until I try to paint the right hand side tail/rudder. It does strange things and paints other parts of the tail/fuselage. Anyone know what I’m talking about and would like to help? Thanks.

Maybe you have them already, but here you can find the paintkit for the beech baron, with UV maps to know where the pieces you want to paint start and end. Should help with your problem.

Thanks very much. I have used the paint kit but UV maps are still a bit of a mystery for me. I have had some success by ‘touching up’ using GIMP.

Since we’re talking liveries here I’d like for a mod who has more insight to give us the real reason why Asobo is holding back the 787 liveries from 4Simmers every week with ridiculous reasons. I’m in PC and Xbox and what they’re doing isn’t right to the folks who are strictly Xbox who’ve literally waited over a year for the 787 liveries.

yeh, when the UV map is not “transparent”, you just remove the white color from the layer, leaving only the black frame lines. Then use that layer over your main livery layer to see the limits of the parts.
They sometimes are not exact to the millimeter, and sometimes lack some parts, but it helps a lot.
It’s trial and error until you get what you want ^^

1 Like

When is a livery more than a livery?

I got a few liveries for the Waco Y-MF5, and I noticed they do more than just change the paint scheme. One opened up the copilot seat and added the wind screen. The other caused the Fuel Scan and Clock digits to not appear.

Is this normal?

Sounds like the artist was ‘experimenting’ with the config files. They should only be making the minimum required changes to the likes of the aircraft.cfg file along with manifest and layout files.

1 Like

This new fictional airline is an example of me Improving on my livery creation skills. I still haven’t quite figured out how to get the silvery look I’m going for, but it’s pretty close.

Finally got the silver paint just right.

1 Like