Load Flight plan from World map not working while IN VR and G1000 brightness

It was rather quite annoying was in my group flight tonight and had to come out of the game and cause they where travelling via waypoints.

I could not spawn cause when i clicked the load flight plan button on the world map the egg timer just appeared is that a known issue.

Also i found that the brightness of the garmin devices in say the mooney on bonaza to be very dull is their a brightness control for the garmin

The workaround would be ALt-Tab to the explorer window that opened behind your MSFS full screen window, BUT that that does not work, MSFS stays on top, which is the problem.

Workaround is to NOT be in full screen mode, so to be able to Alt-Tab, and that you do with keys Alt-ENTER. (Switching out of VR mode half of the time has horrible results).

So, before you do Space>Load, you Alt-ENTER (and/or set up your screen to be ‘Windowed’ which is hard to tell even because a maxed Windowed screen looks the same in Full screen mode, unless you use a lesser resolution, which I do on my UHD screen), and either you can Alt-Tab to file-explorer, or it pops up by itself.

YMMV

1 Like

Another way is to load flight plans in std mode and when ready to fly switch to VR mode.

This is what I always do

I thought it game was locking up for me when I had this issue, but it’s not. It’s just opening another window to select your plan you can’t see in VR. Since I’m at my desk I just pull my headset off, select the flight plan, then click back to Flight Sim, and put my headset back on. In fact, I pretty much discovered that almost every time I thought FS had frozen, it was because something had happened so it wasn’t the active window anymore.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.