Loading a saved flight plan - A tip I did not know!

Didnt know about the load change plane thanks for that .
Havent played with the dev menu to date except to see what FPS I was getting.

LOL I just realized, this is one of the few threads where everyone isnt tearing each other apart.

2 Likes

I really miss not having a map that you could move your plane icon to wherever you wanted inflight, set speed, heading and altitude and spawn to that point. Was perfect for practicing landings! I also miss slew mode where you could do exactly the same thing - correct me if I am wrong but slew mode on MSFS is only a camera control or does it work - I haven’t tried it yet - had bigger issues to sort out.

Hit y in game will put you in slew mode, then you can drag your plane in the vfr map to where you want it. Then hit Y again and you’ll be back in regular flight. That one has worked the couple of times Ive used it.

1 Like

Just to be sure you know that : when you press escape, there you can load a flight plan. .pln are masked but as usual in windows, you can put a * in the filename input of the open file window and this will enable all files and there you can select a .pln file (generated from whatever source you want :wink: ). It’s useful when you landed and want to go on for the next flight straight away without getting back to main menu.

I have never tested it but as it’s a flight plan, maybe you can load it while in flight? (I’d suggest putting the AP on basic HDG mode though).
Now I don’t know how ATC and the rest will react to this but somehow it’s like playing with the FMS or GPS in my opinion…

1 Like

Actually that worked for me, but then another problem comes up: The load/save button in the ESC menu disappears, so you are not able to save the flight again later. So this solution is not really useful, if you want to save the flight again later

Strange. Not having a problem with it here…

So you mean when loading a .pln file during flight, the load/save button does not disappear in your case?

Well never really tried in flight (maybe did that once). But I made many consecutive legs (loading pln, flying landing, loading another one and off again, etc) without any issue. And when I load a flight plan, I’m still seeing the button and able to load again if needed (I did it already as I changed my FP)

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I could solve the problem now with saving the flight again while still in the esc menu after loading the .pln file. There the button is still there and also does so afterwards when continuing the flight