Loading stalls, displays what looks like text placeholders

FS worked great until yesterday. Changed nothing. Now when I start the app, get through all the Microsoft, Asibo, Blackshark screens, update checker then the loading screens start. Instead of the title and text, I’m getting what looks like field names like “UPDATEPREVIEW.PAGEnn_TITLE”, “UPDATEPREVIEW.PAGEnn_TEXT01”, etc. The progress bar at the bottom advances in microscopic increments instead of in jumps and stops entirely about 3/4 of the way. Have yet to get into the game all the way. I’ve attached a screenshot showing the title/text issue in hopes it may be a clue.
Thanks!

A cloud bug.

I get all the way to the NEW ACTIVITIES screen before the game load stalls out…

Last night before I went to bed I noticed XBox Gaming Services v2.51.29001.0 had updated, wondering if it’s related?

EDIT: Task Manager shows power usage “Very High” and the GPU is definitely revving up as well.

loading problem seems to be solved.

Not sure what happened earlier, but MSFS seems to be running fine now.

Well, if it was a cloud bug I’d assume I wouldn’t be the only one experiencing it.
I just rebooted and tried again, still the same issue.
I DID check my Community folder, it’s empty.
The crazy thing is, the game starts and cycles through the “Experience” screens, always stops at the 3rd set. All the while it’s loading SLOWLY…on the order of 10 minutes. Until it stops.
As seen in the screenshot, the progress bar always stops where you see it. Task Manager indicates graphics are still hammering close to 50%. Music still playing but game isn’t moving.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks

For me when I had the problem, I noticed the experience screens were flashing by rather quickly and the loading bar was advancing slowly until it froze.

(When working properly) each screen usually displays for a while then advances to the next until the in-game menu appears. The loading bar usually follows suit, advancing in chunks at the cadence of each screen load.

is this what you are seeing as well?

Exactly. Only difference on my side is the weird titles.
Just tried again, still the same.

Hi @GhiaManiac,
I’ve moved your topic into a different sub-category: #bugs-and-issues:performance
This sub-category is also for installation issues. Thank you.