Loading time before booting to the main menu not improved after SU12

Please title your post with the number of the line item and the first 5-7 words of the line item.

3 Improved loading time before booting to the main menu

Is it fixed as stated?
Yes
No
Partial

If no or partial, please give details below on your findings:

On Xbox X, update to SU12 1.31.18.0, reboot, open MSFS:
0:00 Open MSFS
0:42 Asobo Logo
0:52 BlackShark.ai Logo
1:01 MS / Asobo Copyright
1:08 Press any key to start
1:18 Checking for Updates…
1:30 Continues loading…
2:21 MSFS Home Screen

The longest delay seems to be after the checking for updates. Total time seems about the same as before for me.

EDIT - SAT FEB 25 - As of yesterday, FRI FEB 24 - I can’t launch MSFS 40th Anniversary Premium Deluxe on Xbox X (again). It gets stuck at “Checking for Updates” and will not proceed past it. I’ve left it running for hours.

I’ve alsto tried all the tricks (go to home screen and back). I’ve power cycled my home internet router, the xbox itself, tested my internet connection, etc. Once again, one or another MSFS servers are non responsive, and I am unable to use the Premium Deluxe software.

My disappointment is compounded by the SILENCE of Microsoft on the server connectivity issues. I would like to know if the MSFS executives are actually aware of these issues? If not - then the forum should have a way of informing them.

——-
:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute to this release note test, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you believe this issue is fixed?

Yes
No
Partial

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

My loading times (with an empty community folder) was about 1 minute and 50 seconds in SU11. With SU12, I timed it at 1 minute and 45 seconds, so it seems to have slightly improved.

Is it fixed as stated?
[ X] Yes
[ ] No
[ ] Partial

On PC, “Checking for updates” went by in a blink of an eye. Still took about the normal time on the screen with the blue progress bar at the bottom after that.

I concur, “checking for updates” was quicker, but “launching game” longer, next phase after that (progress bar) was about the same duration as before, tested with an empty community folder.

Yes
No
Partial

In Sim Update 11,

• With all of my Marketplace addons installed (Community folder empty), my sim started up one time in 42 minutes.
  • After updating some items from the Content Manger, that startup time was reduced to 11½ minutes. (I do not know if the addons that were not up-to-date were the root cause of the slow startup time. I could not repeat the experiment after updating the Content Manager items.)

In Sim Update 12,

• With the same Marketplace addons installed (Community folder empty), and only one addon needing an update (the Asobo Top Rudder 103solo) my sim started up in 36½ minutes.
  • I tried it again, and the second time, it took 41 minutes.
  • I updated the Asobo Top Rudder 103solo, and my 18½ minutes, which is 7 minutes slower than .
    Is that an improvement?

Yes
No
Partial

If there has been an improvement it is very subtle, which ends up not feeling like anything has changed.

Yes
No
Partial

Loading time has been greatly reduced for me. Prior to Beta 12 it was taking almost 4 minutes to reach the Main Menu. Now I get to the Main Menu in 00:01:45.
PC
Steam

Yes
No
Partial

Load times with all mods in community folder:
Pre-SU10 load times: 4+ minutes
SU 10 load time: 2 mins, 20 secs
SU 11 load time: 4+ minutes
SU 12 load time: 4+ minutes.
Can’t see any improvements. Empty community folder shaves about 45 seconds off my load time. Same as before SU12.

PC/Steam user

Yes
No
Partial

With an empty community folder it takes 145 seconds from clicking the icon to the main menu. More than before. See below

I went from 104 seconds in SU11/AAU1 to 145 seconds in SU12 beta.

Yes
[ X] No
Partial

Sim boot hangs once completed. Waits for some network response instead of jumping to main menu. Pulling the network cable for a second makes the sim jump to main menu.

Network calls to Updates, Contents Manager and Marketplace not working in beta 1.31.18.0 Xbox X.

The sim tries to call this/these services but ends up holding forever. Pulling the network cable a few seconds aborts the call so that the sim continues (but without those services).

This wait state appears on sim loading (check updates), at the very end of the sim loading before main menu, and also at the very end of the loadscreen when ending flight and returning to main menu.

All other online services are functional. Bing, telemetry and all.

Update:
After doing a rollback to live version 1.30.12.0 everything works as normal again. Could dl WU12 and visit marketplace for example. But rejoining the beta and updating back to beta 1.31.18.0 causes the same los of update/contentManager/marketplace/Loadscreenholdup again. :frowning:

Edition: Physical disk on Xbox Series X.

Updates:
Beta 1.31.19.0 : no change. Still not loading. :frowning:

Bet 1.31.20.0 : no change. Sim not loading. :frowning: :frowning:

Yes
[ X] No 1.31.20.0
Partial

@N316TS , theres been no official reaction at all to this blocking point bug. But two new builds. Do you think Asobo/MS is even aware of the bug?

2 Likes

[ X] Yes
No
Partial

huge difference here : from 5min+ down to 2min 30s only! (with 700GB Addons on a Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME SSD)

[ X] Yes
No
Partial

On Series X, the improved loading time is noticable. Not by a shocking amount, but still noticable.

Yes
[ X] No
Partial

Load times are about the same as SU11

Typical issue, loading gets to about 50% in a few seconds the stalls out and takes about 5 min to get the remainder. This is nearly identical to SU11 loading process.

Loading from the main menu into a flight appears to be much improved for me with SU12 Beta.

1 Like

Today, unable to progress past “Checking for Updates” - obviously now the update server is unreachable. Literally can’t open MSFS, for the 3rd weekend in a row.

1 Like

Yes
[ x] No
Partial

No, if anything it is worse. Still have to push a button on Xbox to start loading (unlike PC) and just sits cycling on looking for update screen until I open the side Xbox menu. This then pushes to next load screen that then fully load progress bar, but never continues to main menu screen.

1 Like

[ X] Yes
No
Partial

SU 12 Beta V1.31.20 time to main menu from cold start 2’ 18" with 767 addons in community folder

Fastest time ever! Well done! Thanks.

1 Like

Yes
[X ] No
Partial

There is little to no improvement in loading time.

Yes
[X ] No
Partial

No noticeable speedup independent on the Addons I activate using the Addon Linker.

How many addons do you have?
How long did it take?
How long previously?

You need to be more specific!

1 Like