Local Legend 10: Boeing 307 Stratoliner

Experience the legendary Model 307 that set the standard for airliner technology, comfort, and class. The Boeing 307 Stratoliner comes with four liveries: Boeing Delivery, Emerald Harbor, WorldTravel, and AREA (Colombian). Climb aboard, power up the systems, crank the engines, then set off into the heights in this classic – available today for $14.99. The sky is calling!

Read more about the plane here: Microsoft Flight Simulator Releases Local Legend 10: Boeing 307 Stratoliner - Microsoft Flight Simulator

Please use this thread to post your impressions about feedback about the Boeing 307 Stratoliner. If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bug Reports section of the forum with the tag boeing-307-stratoliner

26 Likes

So awesome!

Thanks for bringing this to us!

7 Likes

Look really nice.

Now I wonder if we will get the Stratocruiser at one point :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Of course I’m in the middle of a long haul in the DC-6 when this drops, very excited for another beautiful radial monster

1 Like

Beautiful aircraft. Downloading (rather more slowly than usual) as I type.

One thing. Wikipedia says the aircraft’s length is 74 ft 4 in - not 38 ft 7 in as it rather implausibly claims in the Marketplace specs.

2 Likes

Looks nice and I’ll almost certainly get it, but this begs the more important question… when will we get a B-17? Far more of the B-17’s were built (12,731) than the 10 examples of the 307 (per wiki).

3 Likes

Loving all the new aircraft being released lately! Too bad I’m away from home for a month to try this out.

1 Like

Okay, this is freaking adorable. Note who’s at the door to greet you:

16 Likes

Woah that is great! Does this plane have an AP? Looks fantastic!

It appears to have a Gyropilot and a KAP-type electronic AP.

I can’t get either to engage, so I’m unsure which to use and how.

All will be revealed, I suppose. It has a manual in the Documentation folder. I need to review it.

EDIT: I don’t want to be premature here, but I think the AP is bugged. I cannot get the FPM value to change when the UP/DOWN buttons are pressed. I can’t see any reaction when HDG is pressed (pressing it shows ON with a tooltip, but pressing it again doesn’t change it to OFF) and changing the heading bug with the Gyropilot doesn’t make the aircraft steer to a heading. I can’t seem to toggle ALT hold either. It always says ON on the tooltip. Basically, I’ve had no success getting the AP to react to any inputs. I’ve toggled on the GPS and tried that too, with NAV, but had no success either.

1 Like

Ye haaaaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssss thank you Microsoft and AH​:grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

I was hoping they had a modern version with GPS like the new Ford Trimotor. They should really include that option with these planes for times you want GPS/AP. That sucks if its bugged, wouldn’t surprise me since we keep seeing products go to market with tons of bugs.

They do. It has a toggle switch to turn on a GNS 430/530 stack.

9 Likes

it may have a similar bug to the DC6 now. When you “boot up” the plane avionics, the WT GNS goes into that wait state where you have to press “Enter” twice in order for it to do anything further. Even when it is hidden and deselected, if it is in this state, it will render your AP marginally operational at best.

It took me quite a while to discover why my DC6 gyropilot was doing nothing other than pitch hold, and the bank knob did nothing, until I realized that the WT GNS was hidden underneath the analog radio panels, and was patiently waiting for me to hit enter twice.

5 Likes

I did try that, but it’s the non-responsive AP controls that seem to be the real issue.

if it has the same panel as the Ford Trimotor, then you have to engage the servo button to make the AP work.

I don’t think it’s like the Trimotor. See the image a couple of posts up of the avionics. I’ve tried all sorts of switches and buttons on both the modern avionics, the gyropilot and the console AP switch to no avail.

1 Like

1 Like

Here is my inital list of issues:

• The pressurization system seems to be malfunctioning in that it showed 10000’ when on the ground and, once airborne, has shown 0’ with the system VS indication mimicking that of the pilots’ VS gauge. Meaning it shows a climbing state rather than a descending state when the aircraft is climbing. It’s supposed to be lowering the cabin altitude as the aircraft climbs, not the other way round.
  • The pressurization system has two differential gauges, I’m not sure why. One looks like a modern smaller version and it shows a 5 PSI difference whereas the older gauge that is a part of all the other pressurization system gauges shows 0 PSI difference.
  • The AP doesn’t seem to work, the state of the various buttons on the KAP unit will not toggle to an OFF state and even with them ON there seems to be no response from the system. I cannot change the VS rate with the UP/Down buttons either.
  • There is a heavy tendency to roll to the left. I keep trying to trim it out, but it seems to come back. However, I’m not being very focused in my flying as I’m trying to get the AP to work, I’m here typing, etc.
4 Likes

I’ve tried that. I’m pretty sure I’m not doing something wrong here.