Local Legend V: Beechcraft Model 18 ("Twin Beech")

Surprise, the thing worked, just means i’ll probably spend more money on this thing…lol

5 Likes

Lol glad you got it sorted.

2 Likes

As you have purchased from the market place can you tell me where the item is located so that I can add it to my MSFS Addon linker.
Sorry to be a pain.

Users[your user name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\microsoft-aircraft-d18s

There’s also an additional folder titled “microsoft-aircraft-d18s_CVT_” but I’m not sure what that is at a glance.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. I’ll have a look.

Okay, found it, I was close when looking for it and in the words of the immortal Max Smart, “missed by that much”…lol

You first need to add funds in the steam store before you try and buy a plane in MSFS. Open steam store , left click on your profile and you will get a drop down . Click on view my wallet and you will get a dropdown which allows you to choose how much money you want to add. How you pay for it is either by Pay pal or credit card etc. once the funds are cleared go to MSFS store and by the planes you want and download them. Steam will ask you if you want to buy etc. I have bought heaps and once you done it once its easy. Good luck and dont give up ha ha

I understand the disadvantages of buying on the Marketplaace, slow or non-existent upgrades, etc, but the one Big advantage to me is avoiding the Community file empty/reload process for every sim update.
I am sure there are folks with much larger Community files than I have so I would think it would be even more important to them.

There isn’t a need to empty or reload, simply rename it to anything else then once update is done delete the newly created / empty Community folder and rename the original back.

3 Likes

Why didn’t I think of that! :confounded:

1 Like

We all over complicate things every now and then :slight_smile:

Content in the marketplace don’t need addon linker, they appear in main menu.

1 Like

wait, people use addon linkers? why?

just drop whatever you need in community folder.
and what’s with the Sim Updates? They don’t affect the community folder in no way

Whoever has not yet understood the function and the resulting advantages of an “ADDON LINKER” cannot be helped either way. No further explanation will help :wink: - Peace be with you :slight_smile: :rofl:

5 Likes

Could I ask here if anyone of you know where the sound.xml file is located for beech 18. It does not reside in the beech 18 sound folder along with the pck file as it seems every other plane has.

For me it’s right there. Official/Microsoft-aircraft-d18s/simobjects/airplanes/mscarenado_d18s/sound/

If you want to discuss the Twin Beech further go to the pinned main thread in general discussion.

Could be a stupid question. But is this easier to fly then the Boeing 247D?

This doesn’t have any of the finicky engine management and failures the 247D does.

1 Like

And it has a GNS530 and autopilot, so yes.

1 Like

While the 247D is an amazing aircraft and really really well made/produced i find myself losing too much time to even start those engines. Appreciate, i might try this one pretty soon.