But I’d settle for a DHC Buffalo!

1 Like

The Avro Arrow!!!

7 Likes

I’m hoping for the DeHavilland dove :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Twin otter :wink:

1 Like

The Beaver would be the obvious choice but since we know that’s in the anniversary update, I would submit (and love to see) the Noorduyn Norseman.

2 Likes

Here you go

4 Likes

Earlier in my career when I worked in corporate IT, my office was in Calgary’s Suncor Energy Centre. There’s a Norseman hanging from the ceiling in the mezzanine level. I got to see it every day. :slight_smile:

12 Likes

That whole bit from Jorg is pretty confusing. There is a space for a Local Legend for August in the roadmap and the V35 already in place as the Famous Flyer. But he talks about the Beaver making the most sense for the Canada Update, which comes in September but that they decided to swap that out and put it into the November 40th Anniversary update. But swapped with what? The V35? That is the FF, not the LL.

2 Likes

my votes - not that they matter at all…

one that has never been done for flight sim in a serious effort - The Noordyne Norsman - a once
ubiquitous Canadian bush plane (shown here in US livery - USAF having purchased a number for use as hacks back in the day)

And the other - which was well represented by AH for FSX once upon a time - The DeHavilland Otter
DHC-3 also a robust and regularly used Canadian bush plane.

4 Likes

I look forward to the Beaver. It truly is a legendary Canadian plane. I got to sit in the right seat hold the yoke of one in flight when I was about 13 or 14 years old. It was the most awesome experience ever, even though I didn’t really do any actual flying.

1 Like

I’m on board with everyone else with the CT-114 Tutor since the beaver has been pushed back to November with the 4th. although Jorg mentioned it’s been replaced with something “Canadian but not entirely Canadian” during the QnA. maybe it’s something from Bombardier like the C series (Airbus A220?) I wouldn’t mind a Dash 8 Q400 either!

1 Like

Please let it be a Beaver, I would love to fly a Beaver​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sunglasses:

We literally already know the Beaver is coming, with the 40th anniversary update, that’s been confirmed for months. There seems to be some ambiguity whether the Beaver “counts” as the Local Legend for Canada or whether there will be a separate Local Legends release for the Canada update.

Hi guys, i read a lot of planes names but don’t forget the Spirit of Local Legend :wink: ( only planes around 1920-1930 )
Noordyun look the best :+1:

The Beech 18 was the US Local Legend and it’s first flight was 1937 so I think your time window is a little narrow.

That said I think (relatively) modern airliners as some are suggesting are clearly not in the spirit of the series.

1937 is around 1930 for me :wink:

Are you also one of those people who thinks of 11am as “afternoon”? Elevenses - Penny Arcade

1 Like

I believe that the Beaver was meant to be the “local legend” for Canada, but they decided to substitute the Bonanza as a paid “fill-in” so they could provide the Beaver for free as part of the anniversary edition.