Location of Aerosoft CRJ aircraft.cfg?

I would like to edit the CRJ’s aircraft.cfg so ATC will properly recognize the atc_type and atc_model, however I can’t find the aircraft.cfg file.

I checked the …Official/OneStore/aerosoft-crj/SimObjects/Airplanes/ folders but all i can find is an aircraft.loc file.

If you bought it on the marketplace you wont be able to edit these files.

2 Likes

Splendid. Thank you.

Out of curiosity, would the aircraft.cfg be accessible if I had purchased the CRJ directly from Aerosoft rather than the MSFS Marketplace?

1 Like

I don’t have the CRJ, but I got the Twotter from Aerosoft directly and the cfgs are all there and editable. I believe that the CRJ is probably the same. Not sure.

2 Likes

Addon aircraft purchased through the in-sim marketplace have all of these cfg files encrypted as a poorly-thought-out anti-piracy measure. Users have been asking for this to be changed since the sim came out and Asobo have vaguely said they are looking at the possibility or something to that effect.

I can’t speak to the CRJ specifically but I don’t think any other addon storefront does this.

1 Like

In all fairness, they have said that they have found a solution, which has finally been accepted by all the companies holding the property rights. I believe those are aircraft manufacturers and airlines.

I think there is a good chance it will happen in one of the next SU’s.

For their own aircraft, but i doubt that will change for 3rd party aircraft. Developers have even asked Microsoft to use their encryption on things not even sold in the marketplace. I think thats the developers responsibility, not microsofts for something they arent even holding on their systems. Weird request.

Who though? how many other than Carenado are exclusive to the marketplace? Aerosoft & Blackbox - to pick two - release the same product unencrypted through other channels, so it’d be a very odd request if it was them.

Jorge never said who, other than he couldnt do it if the product wasnt on their marketplace. So, obviously who only sells outside of the marketplace.

I thought I read that Asobo was allowing us access to premium content files. I was hoping that this would apply to 3rd party aircraft purchased in Marketplace as well. Anyone know if we’ll be able to edit the aircraft.cfg for the Aerosoft CRJ?

1 Like

as far as I’ve heard, that’s only for the premium/deluxe aircraft.

1 Like

I love paying top dollar for an aircraft add on only to find out that the developer didn’t bother to do even the most superficial amount of research and use the correct ATC callsign for a particular airline (using “Eagle Flight” for PSA Airlines, whose callsign is “Blue Streak”, is the most egregious example imo), and then just to rub salt in the wound, you’re not even allowed to edit the files to correct these discrepancies for yourself. Speak with your wallets boys, don’t buy ANYTHING off the marketplace anymore.

As of February 18, 2023, aircraft CFG files for the Aerosoft CRJ are still inaccessible.

1 Like

talking about the marketplace version? it’s available in the Aerosoft direct version.

I bought something recently on the Marketplace that was still encrypted, so absolutely no more purchases on the Marketplace for me ever.

Simmers have been tweaking these files for decades and now they aren’t allowed with Marketplace purchases.

If you want files that can be edited, purchase from the developer or any site that Isn’t the Asobo Marketplace. I have several aircraft from Just flight and Sim Market that have editable config files.

And If developers start encrypting these files on other markets, no more purchases from that developer. Surely there are other means to stop piracy or whatever it is they wish to accomplish rather than encrypt the cfg files.

There are a few developers from FSX aircraft that I will never purchase from. One “aliased” stuff all over the drive for his FSX aircraft so no more purchases from him. I won’t take the chance.

The thing is they make these aircraft and say “NO you aren’t going to change a thing” yet, in real life I am not limited from installing different gauges and avionics etc… only in a sim… go figure.