Log book not recording correctly

So I hope this is the right place for this but what’s going on with the logbook? I’m a long haul person per say and have amassed WELL OVER 600 hours (maybe around 750 to 800) and a lot of my flights have not been getting counted as of recent. No I do not speed up time. I fly all my routes in real time.

I’m on Xbox no I’m not partaking in the beta at all.
Yes I have addons but I’ve removed them just to make sure and still had this issue.
Yes I understand this isn’t a “big deal” but it’s quite annoying. You would think the sim would keep track of something so simple such as flight hours. I’m glad I keep my own logbook via a spreadsheet because as far as the sim recording flight hours it hasn’t properly recorded Jack and it’s saying I “only” have 502 flight hours which is far from the case.

2 Likes

Do you have dev. mode enabled?

Xbox doesn’t have a dev mode

1 Like

Ah, I didn’t know that.

Could you perhaps show us a screenshot of your logbook, indicating where you missing flights should be?

There have been many topics about this, covering aspects such as the requirement to slow to taxi speed after landing, or contacting ground after landing etc for the flight to be logged. A search will bring up many ideas that users have put forward for missing hours.

That might be to log landings, not the generation of a log event at all. You can easily end up with a log entry that shows no takeoffs at a tower airport as you never indicated to ATC that you wish to take off. My interpretation of the OP is that no logbook entry at all is being generated.

If this is not true, and they mean takeoffs, and landings are not being logged, then that is an entirely different can of worms.

Are you using Quick Resume?

I’ve found the logbook will fail me as you describe if I have done so.

If I completely quit the sim when I am done for a time and re-launch it when I’d like to go flying again, I haven’t seen it do this.

Recently I was testing a few things between PC and Xbox and was using Quick Resume and the log not recording flights returned, thus confirming my findings.

No I do not use quick resume. I fly my flights in their entirety.

My takeoffs are being generated but my landings are not. I flew from Boston to Doha landed perfectly fine. Contacted ground. Taxi to my gate shut engines down. Went to check the log and it recorded it but it only credited me with 14 minutes of flight. Lately on long hauls I’m either getting nothing or the sim is giving me credit for merely minutes instead of the full time.

Right, I wasn’t referring to using it while you’re in-flight. Quick Resume is an Xbox multi-tasking function it has nothing to do with the sim.

I mean you’re done for the day and going to bed, do you just shut off the Xbox/TV and when you turn it back on, the sim is still running on the Xbox? You know, in the menus? Or do you press the Xbox Home button, highlight the sim’s icon, and choose Quit?

Since sim release, logbook is buggy and not recording all the time, landings a host of things. Not sure when it ever will be fixed.

1 Like

That’s odd. Not listing a landing or takeoff is relatively normal. It happens all the time, but there are ways of avoiding that. But not recording time isn’t right.

The sim won’t record your time on the ground, only time in the air. So say you took 10 minutes to taxi to the active, then flew a 15 minute flight, then another 10 minutes taxiing to the parking, then shutdown, your own watch might say you had been playing for >35 minutes, but the logbook will only show 10 minutes.

Lately, my log book is usually recording landings but for whatever reason has stopped recording my takeoffs, even if I start cold and dark, taxi to the active runway and takeoff. Flying around for 10 - 30 minutes and landing again will trigger the landing to record, along with the length of flight, but not the takeoff. I have no idea how in the world this has remained such a buggy chunk of the sim since launch.

1 Like

Same issue here, after 400 hours on the sim and over 700 takeoffs and landings, suddenly my takeoffs are no longer recorded at all and my landings only occasionally. Very frustrating.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.