Logbook not logging

For me, the log works. I’ve used it since januari.

Most important for me is landing 0/1. The log sais 1 if I land properly. I fly damage on (always), I like to land safely anywhere where I want to land.This requires practice with small aircraft and the trick to learn that is log validation and getting 1’s for landing in your logs. There is AI in this game, to qualify your landing. Maybe there are hundreds of rules for airliners with all communication enabled, I don’t know. Trust Yet64 has found them (see above)

I fly propellors to small airfields, that do not require approvals or communication. My comm settings are off.

As far as I know, my landing is properly logged (1) on any set destination airport, when:

1. I keep damage on Hard
  2. I land on the set target destination (you HAVE to set destination to be logged !)
  3. keep my plane on the runway (destination runway ! choose the right one !)
  4. I don’t stall and drop too deep on arrival (only glide landings are approved)
  5. when I end the flight on handbreak, >> on the runway <<, and
  6. return to main menu to check my log

Wishlist:

• replay
  • be able to list only good landings
  • be able to see the log without going back to main menu
  • log would give clue about what went wrong
  • save the log (what’s the max line count ?)

I really do not see why anyone should have to play their game, of this is the way you have to do every little thing we think you should. Just to get credit for an actual flight from point A to point B I do not see why everyone should be forced to do something they don’t have time for and would actually ruin the quality of enjoyment for each individual. I really think that will ruin the player count for the game because people will find a way to fly without all that extra demand to fly their way. Sure keep that aspect for people who want to do it, but do not force it on people who do not! Many want to just fly the airplane for freedom sake. So to be tied to a list of hoops you have to go through just to get credit for a beautiful take off /Flight/ and Landing. Ruins that experience when you get done with what you know was good and the Developers want to get all huffy and puffy about the fact you didn’t use their idea while you were having fun? Let me go to their house and tell them how a TV should be watched. I mean come on folks this doesn’t make you made enough to spit nails really? To spit nails you have to first file a spit nails plan, then you have to get clearance, Then you have to play 30 minutes of wait for the guy with the cart full of nail buckets to get there and hand you those nails. Call the tower, Do you still want to play spit nails when they say you can? Whats is it going to take to convince them I don’t want to spend 14 hours reloading my game of 143 gigs everytime they decide to play with a small 8 meg feature? They should really start listening to some of you, and just do the job, quit sitting in three chairs, and tell us all how they think ice should form on your plane no matter what. When they clearly do not know what it does look like when it forms anyway. Sorry I just went overboard maybe but it just isn’t right to tell people how to enjoy their time. It is right to make their time as well as ours count for something besides their personal favorite whim. And they Know that!

1 Like

I’ve actually found that if you land and shut off the engine and electric system off the flight is logged, you don’t have to taxi to parking. So if you start on a runway and shut down on the runway, you minimize your time and get credit in the log. Do not fly in developer mode if you are interested in logging the flight.

1 Like

Thank you for the calm reply, I was told that developer mode would let me change airplanes while on excursions with friends. So I enabled that in order to go along and have fun. I had no idea it was going to wipe our 50 landings and 20+ takeoffs. as well as 4/5’s of my log bog. I found out the hard way. I have since set it back but here is the thing. If they would make that switching airplanes available without developer mode would that not be cool? Why do you have to be a developer to change airplanes without having to go all the way out and back in? Would that cause extra usage for their server? OR, does going all the way out, and logging back in with another airplane, not cause as much traffic, and usage of an not at all necessary procedure? Are the developers guilty of ignoring that and what people want, or is there an actual reason behind the extra hoops that the USER,“Customer” , actually their bosses are now having to go through. It’s like the agony of a toothache waiting for them to not get what 75% of the true well known experienced users are trying with every ounce of honesty to explain to them and they say things like [Not in exact words] {Sorry that you think its a game not a simulator}. The customers will win the argument if they have to simply go back to X plain or Prepar 3d or DSC for that matter which has already garnered 2/3rds if not more of what used to be FSX players. Or did they not, or still will not, even consider that fact.

1 Like

The pic below shows the last time on 3/3 that the log logged something. It happened to be the F-15C. Since then I have flown the F-15D, Mooney, P44, Typhoon, King350. None Logged.

I flew something every day since and every time the log book shows at the end of the flight it shows me the same thing as you see below. The last F-15C input.

I’ve noticed since 3/8 I get credit for takeoff but no landing …both in Cessna and f15. Wonder if something is not working again

1 Like

When this happened to me, they asked me if I had my Developer Mode on because nothing logs with that activated. When I turned it off everything started working again.

4 Likes

I guess this is still an issue as I got this today 23/04/2021

1 Like

I stopped looking at it after the last update when they emptied it out on me. Useless logbook :crazy_face::crazy_face:

1 Like

This is a rather old post. This issue has been resolved, so there’s really no need for anyone to chime in.
Thanks to all who replied. Much appreciated :blush:

I don’t think the issue has been resolved… My logbook hasn’t worked since March 10th. Every flight I shut down the engine and avionics and the logbook screen pops up but nothing is recorded.

1 Like

NOT! CERTAINLT NOT! :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Def not resolved this issue just started happening to me. Also, i’ve noticed the “Live” time is completely wrong. It’s currently 9:44AM but in game said it was 4:34PM

1 Like

My logbook quit working 4 days ago.! MSFS tried to blame it on 3rd party Beta or liveries. So I flew the last aircraft that did work, everything set up as before and it didn’t work. definitely a MSFS issue.!! Ive already lost about 10 hours…!!

I found out mine stopped logging hours because I had enabled “dev mode” after turning that off my flight hours were once again logging.

1 Like

Same here, LogBook broken. Stopped updating since November 20th, no matter what plane I fly, whan I stop engines the logbook windows appears, saying I’m on a Textron Cessna 152 (the last plane with valid log), which I am definitely NOT.
BROKEN LOGBOOK, PLEASE FIX

1 Like

Same behavior that you’ve mentioned! In my case, I started and finished in the same airport and no record is logged.

Do what i do make your OWN logbook it not hard
Or buy one (not expensive)

It seems that if I spawn at a GA parking space, the sim is logging my landings in the 172 steam but not my takeoffs. However, if I spawn at rwy, it logs the takeoff. Bug or feature?

Just did some VATSIM pattern work at KLIT and had 5 landings with 0 takeoffs…impressive!

Topic moved into #bugs-and-issues:miscellaneous for logbook issues.