Logbook not logging

May be:
Remove “Developer Mode” in General Parameters Options

I am NOT in Developer mode, but I did a flight in Lukla, with 1 take off and 1 landing, and they are not recorded! The flight is recorded but 0 landing, 0 take off!

I have flown with and without “Developer Mode” but this seems to make no difference. Flights seem to record randomly now. It might have been an update around the 17th December that has caused this issue. Prior to that date, all flight recorded fine (some showed 0 time flown). I am very new to the flight sim world (last time I played it was back in the mid 90’s) and it may be something I have done.

I did record a flight yesterday but no settings were changed.

One more stipulation that I heard about. If you press “CONTINUE” after the flight, it probably will not log. Rumor has it that return to main menu will cause it to log.

Go into your profile and change the aircraft to the one you are planning to fly. If it doesn’t match the aircraft you select for your flight, it doesn’t record. Looks like a bug.

I find the inconsistency in bugs people are experiencing very frustrating. I had had logging issues in the past, but since the last update, every single flight is now being logged correctly. The issue with destination being logged as (vicinity) even fixed. It’s hard to tell why some experience issues and not others consistently. Very odd.

I experienced the same missing take-offs & landings from my logbook since MSFS2020 was launched. Thought it’s me being a rookie and can’t fly. Sometimes it records landings but no take-offs.

I’ve rarely pressed continue after finishing a flight. It is normally Main Menu I click. I really am unsure as to what might have changed as MiroCanada has pointed out.

A quick update on this issue since my last post. Flight have started to record as normal again. Most flights since the 26th December that say 0 “total time of flight” has been me setting up and cancelling a flight.

Very odd how/why this happend. Is anyone else still having issues with this?

Brief description of the issue: On the morning of 12/27, my logbook all of a sudden lost all my flights. At first I thought it was my fault, but at about the same time I was speaking with several other people who had the same problem, so I figured it might be widespread. However, I have not seen anyone speaking about it, nor any word of a fix, so now I’m wondering what the issue is.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: None available, just a completely blank logbook as of 12/27.

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: None.

So, as I said above, my logbook just “disappeared”, like either local files had been deleted (which is what I first thought, but turns out the filed I did delete had nothing to do with logbooks. Since several others I was chatting with on the forums had the same problem at the same time, I thought it might be an everybody problem, but that’s the last I heard of it from anyone.

My logbook still works, but it’s like I just lost everything before that morning.

So my questions are, is this widespread, is it known about, is it getting fixed, could it be something myself and the other 2 guys did to ourselves somehow, or do I have a legit bug that just happened to happen to at least 2 other people at the exact same time?

TIA for any thoughts, comments, advice, or help anyone can provide.

Also my logbook stopped at 17 december alst year and no other item were logged. So do not know what happened.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Since 12.12.2020 no entries have been registrated on the logbook.
Does anyone know a solution to solve this bug?
My issue with flight logbook not recording is now solved. I changed the button from “with” to “without” in the Developer Mode folder!

My flight logbook quit recording any and all flights since 1/7. Anyone have any information as to why that is happening?

My issue with the flight logbook not recording was because I was in Developer Mode as someone asked me to check. Thank you. Issue resolved.

`Since a few days my logbook don’t register anymore flights. Is this a bug or wrong settings?
Sincereley, Walter

Hi Walter, do you have devmode on. No flights get logged if devmode is enabled.

Hi, mine shows everything except takeoff again.

For me, the log works. I’ve used it since januari.

Most important for me is landing 0/1. The log sais 1 if I land properly. I fly damage on (always), I like to land safely anywhere where I want to land.This requires practice with small aircraft and the trick to learn that is log validation and getting 1’s for landing in your logs. There is AI in this game, to qualify your landing. Maybe there are hundreds of rules for airliners with all communication enabled, I don’t know. Trust Yet64 has found them (see above)

I fly propellors to small airfields, that do not require approvals or communication. My comm settings are off.

As far as I know, my landing is properly logged (1) on any set destination airport, when:

1. I keep damage on Hard
  2. I land on the set target destination (you HAVE to set destination to be logged !)
  3. keep my plane on the runway (destination runway ! choose the right one !)
  4. I don’t stall and drop too deep on arrival (only glide landings are approved)
  5. when I end the flight on handbreak, >> on the runway <<, and
  6. return to main menu to check my log

Wishlist:

• replay
  • be able to list only good landings
  • be able to see the log without going back to main menu
  • log would give clue about what went wrong
  • save the log (what’s the max line count ?)

I really do not see why anyone should have to play their game, of this is the way you have to do every little thing we think you should. Just to get credit for an actual flight from point A to point B I do not see why everyone should be forced to do something they don’t have time for and would actually ruin the quality of enjoyment for each individual. I really think that will ruin the player count for the game because people will find a way to fly without all that extra demand to fly their way. Sure keep that aspect for people who want to do it, but do not force it on people who do not! Many want to just fly the airplane for freedom sake. So to be tied to a list of hoops you have to go through just to get credit for a beautiful take off /Flight/ and Landing. Ruins that experience when you get done with what you know was good and the Developers want to get all huffy and puffy about the fact you didn’t use their idea while you were having fun? Let me go to their house and tell them how a TV should be watched. I mean come on folks this doesn’t make you made enough to spit nails really? To spit nails you have to first file a spit nails plan, then you have to get clearance, Then you have to play 30 minutes of wait for the guy with the cart full of nail buckets to get there and hand you those nails. Call the tower, Do you still want to play spit nails when they say you can? Whats is it going to take to convince them I don’t want to spend 14 hours reloading my game of 143 gigs everytime they decide to play with a small 8 meg feature? They should really start listening to some of you, and just do the job, quit sitting in three chairs, and tell us all how they think ice should form on your plane no matter what. When they clearly do not know what it does look like when it forms anyway. Sorry I just went overboard maybe but it just isn’t right to tell people how to enjoy their time. It is right to make their time as well as ours count for something besides their personal favorite whim. And they Know that!

1 Like

I’ve actually found that if you land and shut off the engine and electric system off the flight is logged, you don’t have to taxi to parking. So if you start on a runway and shut down on the runway, you minimize your time and get credit in the log. Do not fly in developer mode if you are interested in logging the flight.

1 Like