Logbook not reliable again

Sometimes it records takeoff, sometime landing, sometimes neither and every once in a while I’ll get takeoff and landing??

anyone else?

Honestly it hasn’t work for me since like SU7 when it deleted all my logbooks, then brought them back incomplete.
I am WAY over 1,000hrs flying and my logbook is still around 920hrs.

1 Like

Yep. Same for me.

1 Like

I was over 1000hrs when I lost mine the first time 3 years ago.

@meh1951
Similar to this bug? :wink:

The problem with the logbook mis-recording my flights is one of my pet peeves with the sim.
If interested, there are numerous other logbook bugs filed - search on: logbook Bug Reporting Hub in:title
And quite a few Wishlist items to improve the logbook too - search on: logbook in:title Wishlist

1 Like

In Windows, go to the bottom toolbar and in the search box, type in the word services.
Go to the bottom of the services list, you will find four Xbox entries.
Ensure all are automatic start.
That should fix the issue.

My solution run in DEV ode, and you then do not created Log Book entries, – so it your logbook gets “Lost”, you have lost NOTHING.

If you want a 100% reliable logbook, that MSFS cannot corrupt or delete, you can have that for under $10

But YES, ist about time it was both FIXED
and
MSFS provided a way to locally back it up,( and restore it .)

2 Likes

There is a payware LogBook manager, that will allow you to backup, delete entries in a log book, and restore a log book, but (Good thing) it will NOT allow you ti ADD additional false entries.

If your Log Book is important to you, this is a Must have.

flightlog

Note: I run in DEV Mode 99% of the time, so my Logbook is Minimal !!

I would add, this App is VERY WELL WRITTEN – really impressive UI and functionality…
Its up there with apps like LNM !!!

1 Like

I’ve been using it for a few months and it’s great. I usually use it to delete unwanted entries from the logbook which records everything, including my time spent on creating GSX profiles.

I don’t have many issues with the logbook. It records most of my flights correctly. Maybe because I use ATC from gate to gate.

Even if you take off or land on an uncontrolled airfield you need to announce your intentions over the radio, including taxi, runway clearance etc.

It’s situational, and whether the sim believes you are in a phase of flight where it expects you to take off. For example, let’s say you are ready to taxi to the runway. If you request taxi, and follow the blue chevrons, then stop and request takeoff clearance, chances are it will record your takeoff. However if you ignore those chevrons, and taxi via a different taxiway, even to the same runway, chances are it won’t record your takeoff.

The same thing can happen and both controlled, and uncontrolled fields though it is far more likely to happen at uncontrolled ones.

Lucky you…
My logbook says 230 hrs…
Well… I can asure you it should be ‘a little’ more.
If this would have happened to my IRL logbook… well you can imagine the ‘see you in court’ situation.
But this is a simulator and to be honest: It doesnt keep me awake at night.