Logbook should not pop up in the middle of the shutdown procedure

I agree, and this pop-up screen should not appear at all while we’re still in the flight deck, regardless of aircraft or whether or not the engine(s) or anything else is running. If I want to see the logbook, I’ll click on the option in the Profile from the main menu.

5 Likes

Asobo might be doing this to let us know that the logging time for the flight has stopped, which can be done by just stopping the internal clock on the flight (programmed within the simulator) when you shut down everything in the aircraft, including the battery, and without the need for the Logbook pop-up screen to appear.

I haven’t experienced that issue (the sim freeze) at least not yet. :slightly_smiling_face:

On when the flight ends - There might be an issue with stopping the clock when you return to the main menu, after shutting down everything in the aircraft, if the simmer just keeps the flight deck on the screen for… let’s say an hour or two, or a few hours after shutting down, THEN exit to the main menu. That’s one way to earn more “false” flight hours on your logbook or profile… Just sayin… :slightly_smiling_face:

You wouldn’t gain flight hours because you can identify the time of touchdown.

Doesn’t work. It doesn’t count time on the ground. Flight time only, not block time.

If you really want to pad your logbook, fill an airliner with fuel, set the AP, then go to bed. :wink:

1 Like

If you really want to pad your “logbook” for some reason then just set your computer clock back a month or so while flying.

Noooo. Really? Well, if that works, there is the solution for those people that had their log books wiped, but they kept their other stats.

Yeah haha, I accidentally had that happenlast year, not sure if it still works though. My hours were reset along with most peoples awhile back so it’s no longer way up there.

I stand corrected, I know I’m going off topic here but the Logbook does list the Ground time separately at the destination airport, which I’m sure pertains to taxiing, and oddly enough it shows it as 00:00:00, that’s probably because it wasn’t included in the Arrival PROC in my flight plans. I also don’t think it lists the taxiing at the airport your flight originated from, maybe it combines the ground and flight time in one entry(???) I’ve only been using the simulator since late June so I’ll have to use the actual flight planner rather than have the sim automatically create it after selecting the From and Destination airports.

Hmmm… Interesting, but I wouldn’t do that.

2 Likes

Yeah I wouldn’t either. I just knew it does that since it inadvertently happened a long time ago.

1 Like

Just make it an optional choice for it to pop up or not, this shouldn’t be that difficult to implement…one would think at least.

And yes this needs to be fixed.

2 Likes

Let me stop you right there. As I do play on Xbox as well. This is NOT a convenience in any way in fact many other people who only play on Xbox have shared their distain for the flight log popping up at the end of the flight nobody wants it AT ALL.

3 Likes

When can we finally get rid of it! Come on accept it that it was a stupid idea and remove the trigger for the popup! Nobody wants it, nobody needs it! Its just annoying!

5 Likes

@Seiwi01
Well right now it’s scheduled for SU7, “mid November”ish. Hopefully that actually happens.
Regards

“It says here something about logbook pop up needing some work. Hmm, I know, let’s switch these buttons around!”

SU5

SU6

8 Likes

Massive improvement!! :thinking:

@Dawu777

Just one of the many reasons I went back to FSX with VFR GenX3, working ATC and a flight planner that’s very functional.
Did I mention that it does ‘not’ have an obtrusive, ‘in your face’ UI and it’s all completely offline. Absolutely superb.

Yeah and looks like stoneage. No thx

1 Like