Logitech Attack 3 Joystick is not working on FS2020 [Problem Solved]

I have a Logitech Attack 3 Joystick and it works perfectly on FSX steam edition.
However it doesn’t work on FS2020.
I can see axis movement on sensitivity tab, but no key mapping is shown on control setting screen.

3 Likes

+1 having the same problem as well with my Attack 3

+1 Same Problem with a ch produkt combatstick. Please help

Hi, Having the same problem

Same problem saitek av8r-01

I also have a Logitech Attack 3 and I was able to get mine to work. The issue is that FS2020 does not automatically assign key/axis mappings and the UI is not clear on how to do this manually. I’m sure this will also apply to other “unsupported” joysticks. Here is how I did it:

Click Options >> Controls >> Select the Logitech Attack 3.

On the left, under FILTER, click the arrow until it says “ALL”. Scroll to FLIGHT CONTROL SURFACES >> PRIMARY CONTROL SURFACES. For the AILERONS AXIS, select Joystick L-Axis X. For the ELEVATOR AXIS, select Joystick L-Axis Y.

For throttle control, scroll down to POWER MANAGEMENT >> THROTTLE. For THROTTLE AXIS, just Joystick L-Axis Z.

This should be enough to get you going. You can manually map other controls to the joystick similar to how the axes were assigned.

8 Likes

I have the same problem, using Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro. Cannot get it to show anything using the filters on the left of the screen.

1 Like

Thanks mate!!
Finally I can fly my aircraft.
Have a nice day and take care.

Thanks for this. I haven’t been able to fly yet due to my joystick not working.

This was incredibly helpful, using the xbox controller just didn’t feel right.

1 Like

Thank you, excellent instructions was able to setup my Joystick and do my 1st flying.

Thanks, great help. Thought the attack 3 could not work. To get the brake working, just press the brake on the attack3 while assigning a number.

How did you get it flyable? I put the sensitivity way down (-97%) and barely touching the stick sends aircraft straight up for a few hundred feet, stall, and straight back down again.

4 Likes

Unfortunately this did not work but i ordered now a THRUSTMASTER joystick

How did you map your hat control? (I have the same joystick)

1 Like

Have the same problem, played with the sensitivity bars but the aircraft response even to minor input is extremely “touchy”.

Have you found any solution yet?

1 Like

One of the other threads said to use the “axis” rather than “axis and direction”.
I had mapped “Aerlion Right” to “Joystick-L Axis-X +” for example.
Once I mapped “Alierons Axis” and “Elevator Axis” rather than the Left, Right, Up, Down variants and set sensitivity back thinmgs were considerably better. I still have issues, partly hardware, partly mapping, and partly (mostly) the fact that I am extraordinarily uncoordinated.

Trim seems to go fully up or fully down, probably a mapping issue again.

Would be nice to see mappings for more joysticks within the game, since the Logitech attack 3 is quite popular and would greatly enhance the experience.

Hi guys has anyone managed to get the joystick to work properly?

My old atk3 has developed a 'lean ’ to the left under storage. Disassembling and re assembling to recenter stick hasnt worked. TCA sidestick on order. Deliveries are delayed atmo in Australia, Been waiting 2 weeks for a product that was supposedly in stock.

Mod edit: removed attempt to bypass profanity filter, to allow this post to remain up.