Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Crashes Game

Game crashes when the joystick is plugged in. Crashes shortly after the check for updates screen. Or if I plug it in while in game, it will also crash. I have no idea what is causing this. I’ve plugged in directly to motherboard, plugged into a USB 2.0 port, and even tried through a USB hub. Help!

This link may be of some help.

Your symptom is like the one I had this week after having to completely reinstall Windows 10. Go to the Logitech site and look for drivers for your device. Install them and MSFS might recognize your device. I hadn’t done a complete reinstall of Windows in years and had apparently been using drivers from long ago.

I cant find any driver downloads anywhere.

I only see a link for the Gaming Software which I already have :frowning:

Did you try the advice in the link?
That user had an almost identical situation.
The controller settings “in the cloud” had to be deleted before he could use his stick.
There was another post here last week that used this method to success as well.

honestly im afraid to try it and mess something up to where i would have to re download and re install everything.

DId you use another controller for the sim before this stick?

I used this stick before along with my other peripherals.

What others do you have?

Hi Daniel
look here for the assignments
Logitech Extreme 3D Pro – flightsim eindhoven
and via the download-page in the folder HARDWARE; there you will see LOGITECH and the file lgs510_x64.exe
Before you start the sim… check the presence and calibrate first in windows; then start the sim. When the sim is on the main page go to OPTIONS/CONTROLS and locate the joystick. a.s.f.a.s.o.

Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, and thrustmaster rudder. Also Xbox controller for views.

Yes I have previously downloaded that and calibrated. It is recognized by my pc. The thing is the sim won’t even start up after the loading screen. It just ctd with no error. Or if it’s unplugged, I can get into the sim , but as soon as I plug it in it will crash with no error.

That is what I was concerned about.
If there hadn’t been other profiles involved, this might have been a different issue.
This is a near identical case to the others in that link.
I don’t know if you will find another solution.
If you can’t, this is actually not that hard to do, read it through first, and following it step by step, but it will basically redownload and re-install the sim.

Would reinstalling the normal way achieve the same thing?

No, it would not as your settings would be restored.