Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Setup Recommendations

Just ordered a new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro flight stick. First ever stick beyond the keyboard.

Is there anyway to find the MSFS2020 default mapping? For current and previous Logitech users, how do you like the stick? Are any of the physical buttons not pre-assigned to something in the MSFS default mapping? How have you customized the buttons?

Do you recommend changing any settings, such as axis sensitivity or deadzones? I definitely want to be able to reach both extremes on the throttle (e.g. not stuck at 5% or 95%).

There is no “default mapping”. You’ll need to decide which commands you want to assign to which buttons. And then, use the Options\Controls section, find your joystick in the list, it’ll likely be third after keyboard and mouse, and it’s relatively straightforward to map commands and axes to buttons and axes on the joystick.

It may be that the base flight controls are automatically mapped, I forget. Play with it a little, you’ll get it.

Default mappings are pretty solid. Think I only made 3 or 4 changes. You’ll need to change the hat switch if you want continuous camera movements with it. Default is those stupid quick view things

A newbie here, what do you mean, “change the hat switch”? I thought you could not use the hat switch for continous camera movement.

Regards,

Steve