Logitech FIPs and Panels

Hello Everyone, If anyone is having problems with the Logitech FIPs and or any Logitech Panels I have great news (old news) but great. I have been pulling my hair out for two months trying to get these to work with the terrible drivers and plugins from Logitech (who recently purchased Saitek). Their drivers and plugins “generally” don’t work as many of us know. Soooooooo…

You have got to purchase “SPADNEXT”. I have heard about this software before but was leery of it’s technical stuff etc. It will cost you just $30 for lifetime - but you will keep your hair and it works perfectly. There is a video where the owner explains how it works. That is just showing you what it can do - and it will do almost anything for you if you want it to. BUT all the default programming for the Logi Fips and Panels is already done. You have to select them, but it’s nothing to it. Believe me, if I can do it, your three year old can probably do it. The Fips and Panels can be in any port (I did stick with 2.0) but you can use hubs, it don’t care. All the gauges are more from other sources are also available to select for the Fips. They are better quality then from Logi as well. I know you’ve been talking about this plugin and this driver and this port and that port. Then, the end result is, it still won’t work right. Forget ALL that. Get SPADNEXT and just fly with everything working correctly FIP and Panel wise. You will be glad you did. I’m so excited that’s why I’m writing this. I just made my first trip successfully and it ALL worked. I couldn’t believe it. I have been having so many problems and researching everywhere and nothing worked. Spadnext works. And it’s all there for you. You can download and use for 14 days if you like FREE. It didn’t take me long to make the purchase. Install Spadnext and put away the aspirin bottle!

The Logitech drivers works very well for me. I have the multi-, radio- and switchpanel, and one flight instrument panel.

The one important thing to make it work is to make shure you have enough power. I use two USB 2.0 powered hubs for them, that also powers a real sim gear gns530. When using only one powered (2,5A) hub, there was nothing but trouble.

As for the FIP, I found that extra custom gauges from fsxtimes also works perfectly with the Logitech drivers.

I would second the endorsement of SPAD. It offers so much more than the Logitech drivers do. Almost endless configuration combinations can be made.

It may seem daunting at first, and half the battle is determining what SimConnect event you should be looking for, but there is a tool in SPAD to assist with this, and pretty soon it all clicks.

Plus, if you don’t feel like configuring the panel yourself there are hundreds of online configs to download, all feature built in to it. Look what someone else did, work out how it works, the tinker! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Couldn’t aggree more, spad.next was a game-changer for me. Sure, the Logitech drivers might ‘work’ (thought apparently not for everyone), but with spad you can configure your panels, FIPs etc EXACTLY how you would like them to work.

Absolutely endless possibilities, and it was well worth the money for me.

1 Like

That’s great. However, keep in mind that EVERY PC is different. There are many, many, many online doing what I WAS doing because the Logi Drivers and Plugins didn’t work for US. If they work for you, again great news. You figured out another way to “get around it’s built in problems” by using powered hubs, etc and keeping things separated for various reasons. However, the big BUT is none of us should have to do any of that. It should work right out of the box plugged into any port on the pc and it doesn’t FOR TOO MANY and Logitech doesn’t care. SPADNEXT does work RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX and doesn’t need separation, powered hubs etc. Just install it, plug things in anywhere and basically fly. That is what the Logi drivers should do and don’t FOR FAR TOO MANY.

Great application. Extremely versatile. Well worth the investment. However, if someone can share the proper settings that allow the multi panel accelerate properly when turning the knob for ALT I will worship them for the rest of my life.

In case you are not using the flaps switch on the panel - I have mapped the up/down to +/- 1000 feet (short press) and +/- 5000 feet (long press), and only adjust the 100’s with the knob. Extremely quick and convenient.

Dirk

I couldn’t get acceleration to work either. I was trying COM frequency at the time.

Hey, thanks for sharing

Are the Saitek X-52 Pro also supported?

Thanks and greetings

I have FIP on MSFS2020, and installed SPADneXt. I can load gauges, etc., but when I exit SPAD and run MSFS, the FIP is blank. I’ve saved what I’ve done, and I must have neglected a step, but I can’t find it. Can someone help?

Dan

Spad has to be running while you’re flying, but you said you exited Spad. Is that your problem?

The good news is that it was the problem. The bad news is that I feel like an idiot. This is obvious when you think about it. Thanks for the help.

Dan

4 Likes