Logitech flight multi panel display wrong data

Yup, I’m home now and I can confirm that @JD4PM1975 advice works.
Squished screenshot below:

Jim-Sim

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. As I understand it G1000 NXi was meant to improve G1000 support in MSFS, just to clarify removing G1000NXi will only remove the improvement and not the original G1000 support in the sim so I still can use planes with original G1000 support.

Sorry to be so intense here,

Henry

That’s exactly my understanding as well.
You’ll still have the default funtionality.

Jim

If you revert to the G1000, you might consider the Working Title G1000 mod which fixes a lot of issues with the G1000.

You can find all of their mods at the link posted above by @waldop3pper.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply,

I did revert back to the stock G1000 and I am no able to use my Logitech Flight Multi Panel which is just what I am looking for in at my present level of experience. I will keep this in mind. I have a system with 4 monitors. I create flight plans with Little Navmap - send them over to MSFS - load the sim - set up AP on the Logitech - connect to LNM with Nav connect and can monitor my flight.

All is working well for now.

Henry

Confused… this could read, “I am now able to…”
or it could read, “I am not able to…”

The rest of the message sounds like the former, not the latter.
Just wondering.

Jim-Sim

[By the way… I use the same exact procedure, Create in NavMap, load into MSFS, adjust on Logitech, flush NavMap for new flight plan… go. All on three monitors.]

Yes, it is working fine, sorry for the confusion. In discussion about this issue I have been aware of G1000 by Working Title. Are you familiar with this Addon - are you using it - not sure I need it. The only strange thing I notice is that the map in the sim does not always track the magenta line. I usually monitor my progress on little nav map and the flight tracking is spot on.

Henry

The NXi is just the updated version of the G1000 by Working Title. Both are developed by Working Title. The NXi was developed so that it could eventually replace the default G1000 that came with the base game. Right now it is a experimental version basically but soon it will be able to be used with your Logitech equipment.

After the major sim update of a few days ago my Logitech did not work at all. After I removed G1000 NXi everything was working just fine. This morning MS installed a new update. Now flying using the Logitech does not work at all - goes off course - interferes with the throttle - starts climbing at times. I checked the content manager and G1000 NXi is listed as not installed. Perplexed!

Henry

Hello pilots :wink:

This thread has helped me.
I have done the pending updates (I confess I am not sure which ones) BUT, the G1000NXi 0.8.0 under version (minimum) 1.20.6 (of MSFS) the altitude display is correct and working.
Tested under the Cessna 208B Caravan (original)

Good flights to all

(HB-JFR/PapifFs57)
*J.-François R. *

PS
Written on 20-October 2021

After SU6 the NXi I can now adjust the altitude on the Multi Panel but the NXi does not respond and adjust the the required altitude when engaging the Autopilot.
Also if I engage the VS button it knocks out the Alt button on the Multi Panel.
Unusable… and have deleted in in my MSFS Content Folder…
I would be interested to know if other users are having problems or if it is actually working for them.
Comments please…

JohnH

I have the same issues with my multi-panel. What I am going to do is delete the Saitek drivers and switch to Spad.Next. This will give you many more options and it works great. Having said that, the current Saitek problems are not that big and I believe that Saitek will update its drivers soon as well…

Thanks for the input.
I have been toying with the idea of Spad.Next but haven’t taken the plunge yet…
If you wouldn’t mind, I’d really appreciate it if you could let me know how you get on with the G1000 NXi / Multi-Panel in Spad.Next …

JohnH

Spad.Next has a lot of very usable presets and “snippets”. Just try it out, it won’t affect the original Saitek drivers or settings. There are also some good videos on Youtube about this…

The NXi autopilot works like the Real GFC-700 that is integrated into the G1000.

The “stock” sim Auto pilot was lacking…

When you use ALT button that is ALT HOLD… adjusting the Altitude setting is the ALTS and is a pre-selector. After you do this you need to “tell” it how to get there… two options – VS and FLC or Flight Level Change.

If you select VS Mode then yes ALT will go out and you need to also then adjust you VS for the Climb or descent rate you would like it to aim for…

FLC (IAS) will pitch for a specified speed which ensures that you won’t climb into a Stall (with VS you will always pitch to try to achieve the VS… as you get higher if you don’t manage this it will get to a point that you could stall if you don’t reduce that rate the higher you go…)

There are a bunch of videos on youtube that will show how the NXi Autopilot functions… which again is like the real Garmin Auto pilots…

Hello guys, hope someone will read this… Got the Same Issue using Spad.Next, everything is correctly displayed, but Heading stays at 250 all the time, got some tips?

use the SPAD discord… if the heading is staying at 250 then you are looking at the wrong Variable…

yeah for some reason it fixed itself after 6-7 restarts… weird…