Logitech Flight Yoke System is unusable in MSFS

They did a firmware update… that is what removed the deadzone.

The information on where to get the chip is in the video description on Youtube.

@N6722C i left my original chip in the yoke so i could still use the clock/timer and all other buttons, just wire in the two potentiometers. I then placed the new controller board within the yoke itself… only thing you notice is that the yoke now has two USB cables.

Yes … very nice …

I am Going to update my Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback joystick to use one of these controllers, but I am only going to mod the Pitch & Roll axis, by bringing the (screened) pot wires out to the controller to a seperate box. (yes, will have 2 usb cables) .
Then that Box can make use of all the other Digital & Analoge inputs on that card to support buttons and pots.
Might use a DB9 connector on the Joystick, and then have the option to unplug the new controller box, and plug in a ■■■■■ header, that will feed the pots back into the original controllers USB board.

Really excited about this, because for a few bucks, I will have both a better Joystick, AND a whole lot of extra dedicated mechanical controls, to take the load off remember all those keyboard keystrokes !!

I actually ordered 2 of those controllers, while 1/2 way through your video… I was so SOLD !!!

Yeah I did download and updated the firmware but with no joy, maybe the bios on my yoke is incompatible with the firmware update, it is an old unit, I’ll look into it and see what I can find out for the benefit of our friend here. Thanks for the reply calmestcloud. See you in the skies!

if you are looking to make a switch box as well, i used a cheap $9.00 joystick board from Amazon… it is recognized by MSFS as another controller… i am currently running 8 buttons and three switches off of it to run my GA autopilot HDG, NAV, APPR, ALT, VS… then VS up/down… and Autopilot master all as buttons, the switches control my lights. It is a very simplistic way to create hardware on the cheap.

1 Like

I installed the exact Leo Bodnar board and when plugged in MSFS2020 detects the board but no bindable keys are present. The board works fine as I can calibrate it in windows but the simulator just shows a blank space similar to the sensitivity issue where its all blank.

I think it is a GIVEN, that MSFS does not have a set of Presets for Leo Bodnar boards, they are not a popular standard Device for Purcahsed controllers.
BUT, it does recognise it as a Unique controller, and you can create your own definitions.

A Blank space ? Yes, currently nobody has a Sensitivity GUI.

But having detected the Controller, it should give you the option to assign any of 100s of actions to the controller.

If I were a betting man, I would say you have the the GUI set to only show ASSIGNED functions, and of course, so far, you have none assigned, so it is Blank.

It better work, I have just bought 2 of them !!!

MIne is working fine.

You sir are a ******* genius! It works perfectly thanks!

I removed the tensioning springs for pitch and roll a long time ago for fsx. Maybe less realistic but it made flying a lot easier and more fun (for me)

I’m glad that at least ONE person who does not know me, can appreciate that .

I may Monkey around a bit :orangutan: but this is not my 1st Rodeo with with Microsoft, Avionics or flight simulators ( Commercial or Consumer )

Mine arrived yesterday. I found the defaults more than good enough. I thought my Xbox One controller was smooth and from what everyone was saying I did not have high hope in this Yoke - BUT - I for one am impressed.

I note I am not the only one happy with this Yoke. However I do suspect most people not complaining are either not pilots or don’t own thousands of dollars worth of flight sim equipment.

It’s early days for me with regards to binding, but like I said, I have no issues with the default settings at this point.

I do not beleive this Yoke to be unusable in MSFS. I thank them in fact for what I have been reading with regards to ensuring Logitech devices will indeed be usable with MSFS. That’s my price budget and I will be sticking with them. That said, some of their panels are a bit pricy.

I acknowledge that people are obviously having issues and no doubt getting results following XY&Z. I am happy for them. But after making a post looking to those happy with their Logitech Flight System, I got some positive response and once more, after receiving mine and then having no issues off the bat … this Yoke indeed is not as useless as most seasoned pilots and hard core flight simmers would suggest.

Somebody, company or devs must of done something because I find the experience hassle free and smooth enough. Granted I am no pilot. I don’t want to be. But I won’t support a device that needs opening up. More than good enough to provide the emersion and do what it says. Sure it has flaws … 45 degrees suits me well and I use TrackIR to make up for the limited hat switch [I use both] - it seems there are many users of this device that are not plagued with the issues as being discussed here. Touch Wood. lol - seriously I think this yoke is overly bashed and I am so glad I went ahead with the purchase! Thanks Logitech and MSFS! A+++++

Sorry for those who are having difficulties. Is good you have guides to follow.

2 Likes

This is my second Logiteck Yoke, as mentioned the first one worked fine in fsx. I purchased but broke the Honneycomb so I bought another Logiteck and as mentioned also it is so far unusable. The pitch axis puts any plane into a ballooning stall. Has anyone figured out if this junk can be made usable?

There are a number of mods you can do to the yoke. Just type “Saitek yoke mod” in Youtube and you can see a ton of videos for it. Modifying it requires tearing it apart and will void your warranty though.

I tried the Spring mod in this video:

Saitek Yoke Modification: Springs and Zip Ties

It made it better, but the pitch axis is still too jumpy. Its just a ■■■■■■ design. The rod will always bind against the housing creating extra friction and cause jumpiness.

Its particularly bad when flying with one hand, like when you land. Most the time you have one hand on the yoke and one hand on the throttle. Only having one hand on the yoke creates more binding against the housing, more friction, and more jumpy pitch axis control. Any roll axis added while trying to pitch makes it even worse.

My yoke has been sitting in the corner collecting dust for a couple years now.

type in google leo bodnar bu0836 joystick controller and then type the same on yt. have this mod and ties mod - works great. wuthout these mods this yoke is a disaster

will try, thanks

I had a better idea, I returned it.

1 Like