Logitech Flight Yoke System is unusable in MSFS

What is going on with this yoke.?
I’m Not just as a real world pilot, but as someone who plays flight sims in general, I can tell you this thing is pretty much unusable. There’s about 4" of movement along the pitch axis in either direction, which means control inputs are severely exaggerated, and to make matters worse, the spring tension is so overpowering that it makes fine control adjustments impossible. If you’re flying along and you need to add just a little back pressure, you’ll need to overcome the strong spring, which will suddenly jerk the yoke back by about 2", which is of course about 50 percent of the total pitch up range the yoke has. Flaring to land turns into a disaster every time. I wish I could return it.
It woks fine for me in FSX,
But cannot fly any aircraft accurately in msfs.

Can anyone else inform they have the same issues?
Is Microsoft aware of this and this is something they are going to fix?

2 Likes

I haven’t heard much good about the Logitech yoke with ANY flight sim.

This complaint is really odd. It talks about how bad the Logitech yoke is then asks Microsoft to fix it.
I assume that isn’t what it is actually trying to say.

Did you change the sensitivity? There are quite a few posts about that.
I used my Saitek Cessna up till yesterday (sold) and it worked ok for it´s age and technology.

X-Plane’s Austin Meyer did a good Youtube review of Yokes, and came to exactly that conclusion … Travel is too short.

The Pitch movement range is about 50% of what it should be.
The Roll movement is 50% as well ( 45 deg instead of 90 deg)

So, in effect you want the Yoke to be 50% less sensitive.
You can achieve this , at least for the 1st 50% of its travel, if you adjust the sensitivity to be about 25% instead of 50%, at half it’s travel.

This will then approximate to Real world sensitivity over the 1st 50% of travel, but past that, it will be very aggressive … but most of the time, you will not be operating in that range.

Yep, there are just a few yokes available with the right travel range: Yoko has no 90° bank, Honeycomb has not enough pitch travel…
I don´t understand, why Thrusmaster doesn´t build a sensible yoke!?! They have the experience in wheels, even ffb wheels (!) and joysticks…

hoping they are, might say im a fanboy of their peripherals - they really hit the sweetspots in price v quality.

I;m still rocking a saitek (logitech) yoke. In xplane it is manageable. In MSFS I’ve had to fiddle with the sensitivity for each aircraft and save a preset. Unfortunately they broke that in the last patch unless you want to manually edit files. Setting up the controls is more convoluted in MSFS.

1 Like

I have a Saitek yoke and throttle quadrant, and the yoke works fine. The throttle quadrant, however, leaves a bit to be desired. Sensitivity needs to be fixed. I sit around 650rpm at idle, but when I advance the throttle, nothing happens until I am at about 50% power, then the throttle jumps to about 1100rpm, then to 2300 rpm at the 75% mark. When I click on “Sensitivity”, it says it is “Done”…no adjustment can be made to it.

1 Like

While the Yaw & Pitch profiles probably need sensitivity reduction (which strickly is a non-linear response), the Throttle should remain Linear, with no dead zone.

If nothing is happening with the Throttle till it is has increased to 50%, it sure sound like you have adjusted the sensitivity/LINEARITY of the throttle, and should set it back to the default (linear response, NO dead zone)

Known bug that sensivity adjustment was removed with patch 2. Due to be fixed in patch 3. Search the forums and you’ll find workarounds

Hi.
I have the same problem, which also has a bit to do with how little custom modification the FS2020 sensitivity curves allow.
I also use X-Plane and there each curve (apart from being more extensive and therefore more precise the adjustment) allows adding or removing grip points with which we can modify it as if it were a Bezier curve of several points and gives us extreme control over she.

Now let’s face it, yokes are very overpriced. There are wheels complete with pedal board for racing games of much better quality and at a lower price.
We are paying according to the laws of supply and demand, for now we are few and we pay a lot for something that is not worth it.

If you need more movement, Saitek has a model (at prices out of this world) imitating the full movement of the Cessna yoke (in fact it also has its logo) with which the angle of rotation is much greater.

I do not know if you have seen this yoke inside, the limited material is somewhat disappointing, but if not, in the next video you will have to see how it disassembles and is inside and a very simple modification with elastic bands to improve performance (and avoid that horrible noise that springs make!):

Another system is made with small “bungee” type ropes, such as those used to tie luggage in ATVs, which work like the elastic band system.

There is another “extreme” modification that you can see in this video

If you dare to disassemble and assemble, this could be an easy solution to the sensitivity problem, at least, until this simulator copies some of the fantastic x-Plane functions such as calibration, key mapping and detailed map with lots information on screen.
Greetings from Argentina!

1 Like

I’ve had the yoke, pedals, and additional throttle (Saitek back then) for about 10 years. Works fine. Just wait on the sensitivity adjustments to come back, and also check your settings in windows. It’s the pretty much the most popular yoke I think of all time, for a reason. Stick with it.

Also my Saitek doesn’t behave anything like what you describe. It’s smooth, I just checked again, and I can pretty much move all axis with my pinky, and have ZERO spring sounds or whatever. Makes me wonder WHO is the actual manufacturer / subcontractor now? is logitech using the same manufacturer that Saitek / Madcatz used? I had an earlier post discussing whether Logitech was even making them or selling old stock bought from MadCatz, as they purchased “all inventory”, and someone confirmed everythng is now labled with Logitech. So I do wonder if there is a difference in the quality and performance of the older saitek yokes versus the newer logitech yokes. Sounds like it.

I have the Saitek x52 since decades, has worked flawlessly with FSX and DCS…since Logitech took Saitek over, it ois USELESS !!!
Logitech should be ashamed…:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Now i am condemned to play like a noob, with a keyboard and the mouse, untill i will have saved a bit of money to buy the tca airbus joystick from Thrustmaster

Did you know that Madcatz basically went bankrupt and Logitech bought the entire brand WITH ASSETS for $13 Million dollars? I’m sure at the time that was just a corporate decision at low level just to by an brand at a cheap price with maybe no intention of ever really investing in production. Boy, I think that turned out to be a wise investment, I wonder how much they are raking in right now? I’m sure it’s more than paid off, and whatever low level exec who made that decision deserves a bonus.

Here is the fix that did it for me… I know exactly what you are going through and this takes all the deadzone away.

Ive called upon Microsoft to fix this because the yoke works well and I can fly accurately in FSX.
But in MSFS its a complete nightmare!
Not to mention the last patch has totally removed the control sensitivity options away.

2 Likes

Fantastic – thanks for the video and the pointer to the USB device.

I’ll be wiring one of these into my Sidewinder 2 Force Feedback Joystick, while keeping the actual controller external, in a small box with additional Pots and Buttons.
Very excited at the possibilities - Just ordered 2 (they should give you a Commission !!)

My buddy and I have the saitek/Logitech pro yoke. I’ve had mine for 2 years; his is only 3 months old. Mine has the deadzone fault (due to really rubbish potentiometer chip) his is spot on. I’ve read that Logitech upgraded the pro yoke to use the newer potentiometer chips but have done nothing about the dreadful springs and the ‘notch’. I followed the video showing how to remove the springs and the notch; changed out the potentiometer chip and found the pro yoke performance completely transformed for the better. Trimming aircraft is simplicity in itself and setting descent rates and holding climb angles manually extremely easy and smooth. I can highly recommend that if you own the pro yoke you should follow the video instructions and ‘fix’ the yoke. I was told that Logitech has updated the drivers to resolve the deadzone issue but I found this didn’t resolve anything. Only changing out the chip worked. Give it a go, if you can solder two connections then you’ll find it easy to fix. I know that the ‘feel’ of the yoke and performance is a relative thing, that is: one mans hell is another man’s heaven. If you’re ‘feeling hell’ then try the fix, it worked for me and others I know.

1 Like

So where do I get the chip?