Logitech G (Saitek) Flight Switch Panel not recognized by FS2020

Simconnect is a FPS killer not SpadNext !
Wait for a new Simconnect version.

Good afternoon everyone, I volunteered to be a tester for the fs2020 informing that I had the Saitek panels as well as the command, the pedals and the power quadrant. They asked me for my computer information but they never called me. Since it was reported by MS that Flight Simulator 2020 would be released, my concern was always that these peripherals would work. I don’t understand how they didn’t take it into account after doing a tremendous simulation program. I hope they find the solution as soon as possible. I made the mistake of buying the more expensive version of the MSFS2020. I hope I don’t regret it. I await solutions. Thank you very much.

2 Likes

how do you remove it, is a mystery to me

I have been building a new computer for the new sim. The installation of MSFS was ok. The yoke and padels were recognized and work well. The other Saitek panels were not seen by the sim (Win 10 did). So I am not able to fly with the new sim in my cockpit!! Why are the drivers for the Saitek panels not integrated in the sim?? I do not understand this. In the meantime I assembled my “old” FSX sim again and it is nice flying. They spend 4 years to build the new sim, scenery and planes are grate, but the drivers for Saitek panels are forgotten!! I hope their will be a solution soon, so I did not build a new computer for nothing.

1 Like

Do you really consider that just because some panels don’t work that the sim is worth nothing? That your new system was built for nothing? Really?
The panels actually do work and work very well via simconnect which is what they were designed to do. Just get either Spad.neXt or Lorby Si”s Axis and Ohs.
Yes I know there is an fps problem with simconnect at the moment but Asobo are aware and are working on it.
Enjoy the sim for what it is… a wonderful leap for us simmers.

1 Like

You are right, the sim is wonderfull and I should be a little more patient. I am going to try Lorbys Si"s Axis and Ohs and look forward to a nicely working cockpit.

Even with SPAD I had issues with my Saitek Switch, Radio and Multi-panel. With 1.7.14.0 patch they seem to be behaving much better but still need SPAD. I’m hoping the Logitech update for their software will fix things so I don’t need another third-party commercial tool to get these devices working in FS 2020.

2 Likes

That’s sorely-needed news for those of us who enjoy IFR flying as well as pottering about in the VFR sunshine. The G1000 and other glass cockpit instrumentation is in dire need of update or a complete replacement by a third-party dev addon.

With the update of MSFS2020, and Lorby, the Saitek Flight panels are working fine, start Lorby before the simm, and the Multipanel lights up when you click th Autopilot in the plane.

Sorry, but what is Lorby? I have Logitec panels and have the latest FS2020 update, but the panels don’t light up.

2 Likes

My T16000 M joy stick does not turn the aircraft. The Ailerons dont work
Can some one help

Lorby si is paid app, free for now, that allows you use the Saitek Flight Panels with the simm. I found that it works sometimes, and some others just hangs, the first time worked fine, then stopped. I started using Spad.next, also paid app that is way better, is free to try for 14 days, is more sophisticated and complex ,better interface, but it has other uses than making the Saitek Panels work. But if you wait , MS will fix the problem with the proper drivers.

If it is recognized, by the simm, you will have to map the different actions in the simm, lots of help on the subject.

I have had some success getting the multi panel to work by unplugging waiting a moment then re-plugging the USB cable, when the plane is sitting on the runway awaiting takeoff. It takes a moment for the panel to be recognized, and it also shuts off the engine (I mostly fly Cessna 172) ; but I have gotten the panel to work this way. Obviously Ctl-E to restart the engine, then off you go. Give it a try and good luck. Also awaiting updated plug in’s or drivers!

I visited Logitech’s website last week, and they had a driver download for FS2020. I downloaded it, and although it does not show up under Controls in FS2020 (since there are no switches to map I’m assuming), it works so far with the TBM930 (gear down, avionics, anti-ice etc.)

Hi i have same system and problem as you, my two FLIGHT INSTRUMENT DISPLAY PANNELS wont start up at all.

However my drivers for my Lights Switch and AutoPilot Instruments module was from Logitc website and works normal.

What can cause these two flight display not to turn on and lit up, they lit up when PC starts but when idle for minutes trying to turn on it just wont start and goes black… please any advice, what a waste of money MSFS2020 should have the descency to make sure these pheripherals are not sold with out thenm working, what a scam… or how slow i get to find out where is the blooming software for this to work…

2 Likes

Are you running the latest plugin? It’s now v8.0.313

Here is a link provided by@Tr1cky in a different thread: https://download01.logi.com/web/ftp/pub/techsupport/simulation/MSFS_Plugin_x64_Software_8.0.313.0.exe

Same for me. Have 3 instrument panel displays from Logitech but it won’t work.
I did installed the driver from Logitech website but it doesn’t help.

Can anyone advise what should I do to get them work and sent me an email to
demisgpz@gmail.com
Tx

I need to report this issue to Microsoft and another problem with the Flight Instrument Pannel AP, wrong heights readings in aircraft cabin to hardware numbers in Logic Insrument Flight AP panel, and connection problems where i cant get my hardware to communicate properly fluently with the simulator rate and keeps on failing the work it should do as a real extention buttons box to add ease etc , instead it produces delays and wrong readings in height, vertical speed wont connect, same as with auto throttle etc… its all in need of urgent fix bug and hotfix so it works without more problems… any advice?

I have the Logitech Flight Switch Panel but I can’t seem to get my PC to pick it up.

It doesn’t show in Device Manager or USBDView, or in Devices and Printers. It seems like it’s quite a common problem looking around on the internet but I can’t seem to find a way to get my PC to pick this up as a device. I’ve tried all the Power Management tricks that I’ve seen online too and still nothing. It just won’t be picked up. Has anyone here seen this too?

I got mine from Amazon so sent the original one back thinking it was maybe a DOA device but the same is happening on the second one too now and looks quite common, but as I said I can’t seem to get it to be picked up.