Logitech G Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System Opinion

Hi All,

Currently have a Saitek X52 Pro HOTAS system but looking at a Yoke set up now.

I mainly fly PMDG 737 and HD 787 and seen this yoke system for decent value.

The value seems quite good but I would like to get your feedback.

Is it good kid for the type of aircraft I’ll be flying?

I have seen the Trustmaster Boeing Yoke system but feel I could put the money to better use.

Look forward to your feedback

I’ve been using the Logitech/Saitek yoke for probably ten years.
I also have their rudder pedals and throttles.
I have had issues with the throttles, but other than that, I find them fine.

1 Like

Thank you appreciate the feedback!

1 Like

I’ve been using the Saitek pro yoke and throttle for about a year or so with no real issues.

It’s kinda flimsy, but it gets the job done at a reasonable price IMHO.

1 Like

I’ve been using the Logitech yoke, twin throttles and pedals for several years. Never had an issue. If comparing feel side by side with more expensive yokes, yes, it feels less substantial. More ‘gamey’. But the price is a lot less too. General advice is go with what you can afford but for the budget-friendly price of the Logitech, you will still get something decent.

3 Likes

I have used the Saitek/Logitech Yoke and Rudder Pedals for 7-8 yrs mostly with FSX and X-Plane 12. The Yoke works Super in Xplane 12. Just recently purchased MSFS2020 and the yoke is very erratic, mostly concerning the Elevator Settings. Just a small increase on pullback pressure creates a 40 degree noseup attitude. Would you share your sensitivity settings for your Elevator. I have adjusted multiple times all with the same result…Eddie

Hi Eddie, try sensitivity settings to both -65 and extremity deadzone to 50 with reactivity to 50%.

Unfortunately, I use FSUIPC for my control interface, and my sensitivity settings are done through that.

What I would recommend is that you calibrate them with DiView.
It is the only calibration tool I can find that will calibrate them properly for MSFS.
Try this first, then play with settings if needed ( you may not!).

https://heusinkveld.com/download-diview/

Thanks TheSevenflyer, The Calibration tool made a huge difference but still needing to do some tweaking, but at least is flyable. Thanks for the information on the DiView. Eddie

1 Like

I had the Logitech yoke and I found it to be very sticky on the elevator at the centre/neutral position - either no response or then too much. Not great at all. My understanding is that build quality has declined to some extent and that the older ones perform better.

I took out the elevator springs and replaced with elastic bands. That helped a little, but not that much tbh. I eventually replaced with a HC Alpha and found it superior in all respects and much smoother around the neutral position in particular.