Logitech G600 - gaming mouse setup

I just got the G600 to use with fs2020 but can’t seem to find a way to configure any of the multiple buttons on the side of the mouse.

Any tips?
Thanks!

I would also like to do the same thing.

Does anyone know how to map a gaming mouse to MSFS? It would be great to have access to the extra buttons, especially in VR.

Thanks.

Get the Logitech gaming software and you can map fromm there. Just retired my G700, couldn’t really get on with gaming mice, having tried for years.

Windows only supports a limited number of mouse buttons: I think 5 total. Any of the extra buttons need to be remapped to keystrokes. You do that in the gaming mouse software.

Thanks gentlemen. Mapping the buttons to keystrokes using the Logitech mouse software worked like a charm.

Thanks again.

I know it’s been a while since anyone’s commented here but … I just had to re-visit this and extoll the virtues of the G600! This mouse is a match made in heaven for MSFS. It has NUMEROUS buttons that can be programmed for various functions in the simulator and is indispensable for VR flying. I have programmed the most-used functions in and no longer fumble around the cockpit trying to locate dials and buttons. You can pick one up for $40-$50 bucks and I highly recommend it.

Here’s how I have programmed it …
G9 - G11 … custom cockpit views
G18 … decrease (for counter-clockwise movement on knobs)
G20 … increase (for clockwise movement on knobs)
G15 … select HDG knob
G16 … select OBS/CRS knob
G17 … select ALT knob
G14 … select VS button (to be able to increase/decrease fpm)
and lastly G19 is ALT-L to toggle the flashlight in cold & dark situations :slight_smile:

Just made sure your functions have a keyboard key binding already and then assign that key binding to the mouse button using the Logitech software.

2 Likes

MB, How did you get the G600 to show up on the Controls Options page as a selected Mouse device?

It doesn’t. MSFS just sees a regular mouse. As I mentioned in my post, you program the buttons on mouse to simulate keyboard key presses. For instance, if you want to toggle the flashlight (ALT-L by default) you program the mouse to generate an “ALT-L” when pressing certain button.

1 Like

I have the same mouse and love it, I only fly VR as well. The G-Hub software doesn’t have a built in profile for MSFS so it requires the application’s exe, and I couldn’t find my FlightSimulator.exe anywhere for the profile to switch automatically.

How did you get to create a profile for MSFS?

Moose … I did not create a profile. As stated in 2 of my previous posts, the G600 combined with Logitech Gaming Software allows user to have mouse simulate keystrokes (or keystroke combinations). You configure mouse so that pressing G19, for instance, sends a keystroke combination of ALT-L (flashlight toggle) to the sim (if that’s how you so configure it). It’s up to you to decide which mouse keys get which keystroke combinations.

1 Like

Got it, so you’re using the Keyboard control in MSFS to map to functions and sending the keystrokes from the G600. Great…
Thanks