Logitech Multi Panel and AP conflicts

I am having issues with certain aircraft conflicting with my Logitech Multi Panel AP.

It only happens with airliners, A320 etc, the GA aircraft work flawlessly.

Also, the gear switch and master on my Logitech Switch panel will sometimes kill the engines, kill electrical power etc.

I guess it’s a mapping issue, but I have no idea where to look.

I’ve installed the Logitech drivers.

Any ideas please ?

The way i understand it is that certain aircraft (airliners mostly) dont use the standard ap controls in simconnect. As the multipanel et al. Drivers only use sim connect it causes problems.
Someone far more knowledgeable will be along to either correct me or give you a fix but until then all i can suggest is moving over to use spad.next (which is what i ended up doing when i had similar issues

Thanks HoboJoe, I tried SPAD (purchased a copy) but it seemed to complicate things and make my issues worse.

I just downloaded FSUIPC7. Maybe that will sort it.

Cheers, Happy New Year and flying.

Hi Minslie3211, Check out the video’s Les O’Reilly put on Youtube it helped me configuring things in Spad.next.

happy Flying.

4 Likes

Cheers TG. Appreciate that. I’ll have a look.

Yes, second that. Les’ videos are very well done and cover just about everything with Spad. I use it with Logitech radio Panel and X-touch mini - all great…

The unfortunate thing about Logitech / Saitek panels is that they run through a closed driver that speaks to the sim via SimConnect. As long as the plane you’re using uses the standard events and variables, the panels will work. But when you get into more complex planes, what would otherwise be “standard” stuff (like gear or AP commands) are controlled by custom events or variables. And there’s no way to reprogram the Logitech stuff to work with those via their drivers.

As suggested, using spad.next is the ticket. You do need to completely remove the Logitech drivers to use spad though. Spad will then take over and become the new driver for the panels.

Spad isn’t the most intuitive thing to figure out though. Les’ videos are awesome and I would highly recommend them as well.

1 Like

Like many software packages, the more you put in to it the more you get out of it. It’s not like the Logitech drivers which will work out of the box, but it does have the added benefit of having an in-app library of configurations that other users have uploaded. That was how I got started with it, and I now make my own instead.

This raises an interesting point for me. I have just updated my Logitech driver for the radio panel, as I was getting spurious inputs. I too use Spad for the interface.

Flying the PMDG737, quite frequently only the active frequency changes by itself to some random frequency, meaning that when flying with Vatsim, for example, all of a sudden there are no comms. I am assuming there is interference from the 737 into the Radio panel if that’s possible. So do you suggest removing the driver altogether?

From what I understand, if you’re using Spad to control your Logi panels, you must remove the Logitech drivers.

Personally, I ditched my Logitech stuff about a year ago. After getting the Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo and Air Manager, the Logi panels were just obsolete. So I never did try them with Spad.

Yeah. I can’t find a logitech driver on my system, so that’s OK. What do you use for comms/radios then?

Touch screens, Air Manager, plus a few Knobsters. I have exact layout of the planes I fly and use the radios however they’re used in the planes.

2 Likes