Logitech/Saitek Pro Yoke and throttle key bindings and beta/reverse mode

Hello everyone!

I have a quick few questions about the Logitech/Saitek Pro Yoke and throttle and the controls.

1. Reverse thrust/Beta mode in turboprop (or reverse thrust aircraft).

The Logitech Throttle Quadrant when pushed to idle has a small detent where its “throttle idle”. If you pull back past the click, you have a small travel range. I’d assume this is for “reverse thrust or beta mode” for TP aircraft.

But this function doesnt seem to work (or its not reflected in the sensitivity test) in the game. Has anyone managed to get this function working? Its helpful when landing on short runways (WMBT) with a turboprop (TBM930).

1. Im trying to find some buttons on the throttle quadrant (the ones below the levers) to release/engage parking brake, but for some reason i cant seem to find the location where i can do this on the game.

2. In real life, when taxiing (in a small light jet), using one engine helps a lot with tight turns (or back track on runway and turn 180deg).

Is there anyway to configure the throttle quadrant to have the first 2 levers to be left engine and right engine? This would be a realistic feeling and also allows us to practice one engine inop in flight.

Thank you in advance for everyone’s advise! I will definitely share what i find out and the results too!

This is my current set up at the moment but the Logitech system is leaving a lot to be desired….

It’s because with the Lgotech Quad, it’s not a detent followed by a continuing axis travel. It is builded and numeroted like a button.
You can see it in Windows Joystick tool and/or in MSFS Controls settings.
So you can’t bind this position as an axis but only as a button.
The way to activate reverse thrust has changed since last update (IMO it was simpler before even if it was less realistic), do a search here on the forum for this new way.

For the following, be sure to identically calibrate your levers in Windows joystick app (joy.cpl) or you’ll have differences in travel when using the throttle levers. You can also use the far more precise DIView.exe (link at the end).
Another point is in MSFS Controls Options be sure to set “ALL” for filter or you won’t see all possibilities.

You have to bind the first lever to Throttle 1 Axis and the second lever to Throttle 2 Axis in Controls options/Power Managment/Throttle.

Bind the button you want with Controls options/Brakes/TOGGLE PARKING BRAKES

Link to DIView.exe:
http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php?main_page=page&id=12

1 Like

Thank you very much for that @PlumbGlue67.

I will give these a try and the throttle ones will really help me heaps! I seem to be taxiing onto the grass every time im needing to do a 180 after backtrack and my kids are having a good laugh at my expense… “dads a good pilot my ■■■”….

For this purpose, you can bind your pedals toes-brakes with differential (left/right) brakes axes. Or if you’re uncomfortable with your feet, simply bind two buttons to the left and right brakes. With buttons it’s only on/off but for a 180° on ground it’s good enough.
And follow a wise advice from a grand father: send your kids to their room, no passengers allowed in cockpit ! :wink: