Logitech (Saitek) rudder pedals not centering

Hi everyone,
Got some new rudder pedals from Logitech. Out of the box, the left and right brakes are set correctly. However, no rudder controls exist. I’ve tried mapping to rudder axis by scanning for a button press and then stepping on the left pedal, clicking on the right side of the column setting and doing the same. This works but the rudder doesn’t re center when I release the pedals. Can I get some help in the proper configuration?

Check your sensitivity settings. And try to move the pedals. Make note on which axis is moving the dot on the curve.

Then go to your control bindings, and look for the rudder axis. Use the dropdown list and pick the one that you noted previously.

Hi there, for any discussions of yokes, rudder pedals, etc., the Peripherals section is the best place to put your posts. I have moved your topic there.

I’ve done as you suggested. When I move the left pedal the curve in the sensitivity meter travels as expected, from bottom left to top right. When I release, it goes back to bottom left. The same is true for the right pedal, which has a separate assignment. These are the “joystick” axis that I have mapped in the bindings. They match the ones in the curves. The problem is that while in the air, if I press the left pedal, it will not return to center. This appears to only be happening with the left pedal. I have verified by watching the aircraft from an external view. If I press the right pedal after the left gets stuck, the rudder will move to the right and yaw the plane, but releasing the pedal moves the rudder back to full left.

Hmm… so left and right pedal have separate axis.
That means you need separate axis to be bound to each of them as well.

Check the command list, see if you can find something along the lines of “Rudder Left Axis” and “Rudder Right Axis”. You shouldn’t be using “Rudder Axis” anymore because that one only works when left and right pedals belong to a single axis assignment with the neutral in the middle, not two separate ones with the neutral at the bottom left.

I don’t have access to my sim yet, since I’m still reinstalling the everything after yesterday’s update got corrupted.

I found the separate left and right axis controls you mentioned, and I attached a screenshot. Unfortunately, having them set this way doesn’t work either.

Just testing on the ground with the exterior view, I can see that fully depressing the pedal does what it should - the tail rudder fully pivots. However, it’s the pedal release that’s problematic. When either pedal is released, the rudder does not center. Instead, it goes all the way back to the opposite direction.

Check the sensitivity and adjust the neutral point. You don’t want the other end to be at the bottom. You want it in the middle.

I was able to get it working with your help. Mapping to a left and right rudder was definitely the way to go, and setting the neutral point took care of the centering issue.

Cool, glad it works out.