Logitech yoke and throttle problems

Well. I bit the bullet and took apart the cockpit and moved the yoke/throttled over to the PC and cut out the extension usb and it worked like a charm. ■■■■ it! Now I gotta do some serious rewiring. :thinking:

1 Like

Are you plugging the Saitek into a USB 2.0 port? If you don’t be prepared for dropouts.
My pc didn’t have a 2.0 in my case. Had to add a cable to the motherboard and use a 2.0 port.
Flew today for 2.5 hours, and NO DROP. I use a usb2.0 port, with the addition of a externally
powered usb 2.0 hub. Problem solved. Look at Logitech’s documentation. It calls for usb 2.0.

1 Like

Hi simmers … recently bought the new MSFS2020 for my gamer level PC plus the Logitech Pro G yoke/Throttle combo. First few times it worked perfectly but last time it kept freezing (wouldn’t recognize any inputs from the Logitech hardware). Only “fix” was to hit ESC then click Resume and all was normal. I have a very fast CPU/GPU so can’t imagine it’s a PC issue. Only thing I recall changing was using Bing to add more realism to the geography. Has anyone had a similar issue and, if so, what was the cause of fix? Aside from this rather frustrating issue just love the program as haven’t really used since FSX came out a decade back.

Just started for me. Same exact thing. Don’ think I changed a thing! Did you figure it out?

Did you figure this out because mine doesn’t show up in controls only thr yoke does but the throttle seems to be auto assigned and works in the game{msfs}

I figured out that when I click on an open window (ATC, map, etc.) and leave my mouse there, I lose my yoke & throttle quadrant. I don’t think this is normal but haven’t found a solution.

Not sure if anyone is still on this forum… But im having issue with my yoke… The elevator doesnt have any in between. its either aggressively up or aggressively down. Even if I gradually push it in or out. And the throttle goes all the way up as well no in between.

I am having some of the same issues. It may be a coincidence, but it all started after the SU9 Update. I have had these issues before the update, but was able to work through it one way or another. After the update, my PC no longer detected my Saitek yoke w/ Throttle Quadrant. I have a 2nd USB Saitek Throttle Quadrant, and it is fine. MSFS 2020 detects it. I thought I was having problems with my CH rudder pedals until I remembered that I had chosen Auto-rudder in the Assistance options. Once I changed that setting, MSFS was able to detect the rudder pedals and allow me to calibrate them. I have been fighting the Sensitivity settings from day one. I get them to where the sim is flyable and enjoyable. Not so since the SU9 Update. I have uninstalled everything connected with MSFS at least once, and reinstalled. At one time, before the update, I was running MSFS with Navigraph, Little Nav Map, the Google Map replacement for Bing maps, and everything was running fine…before the update. I have since uninstalled everything again, and reinstalled MSFS, Navigraph, and the map replacement, as well as upgrading to Windows 11. That upgrade allowed MSFS to find my peripherals. The Sensitivity settings are still killing me, however. I have been told by “experts” at Logitech and Microsoft that it is either a hardware or a software issue (no kidding), however they are at a loss when I tell them everything works PERFECTLY in X-Plane 11. All my peripherals work exactly as they are supposed to in X-Plane, so it certainly isn’t a hardware issue. It seems like every single update has caused more problems than it has solved. All that being said, MSFS 2020 is by far, the best sim…in MY opinion. Another “coincidence” is that some of these issues seem to be connected to the Xbox platform being added by Microsoft. I can’t reinstall MSFS through just the MS Store. Now it is reinstalled through the Xbox app. If X-Plane had the same graphics quality as MSFS, I would go back to it in a heartbeat. I understand that MSFS is a HUGE game-changer to the flight sim world, and is extremely complex. Add to that, the fact that we all don’t have the same exact system with the same exact settings, or even the exact platform. Still, I just want it to work like it should. We’ve all invested a lot of time and money into this.

All the USB ports on my PC are 3.0, so I’m considering buying a 2.0 powered hub. I don’t have a lot of confidence that will fix the issue, but it’s a cheap start.

FWIW. All my existing ports were 3.0 as well. But . . . After a notherboard examination, I found all I needed was a cable addition to the motherboard, and ran the 2.0 ports out with a cable header. And Saitek DID say that we were supposed to plug into USB 2.0, but that was a LONG timie ago. I have one of the old X52’s but things seem a little better using the 2.0 interface on my motherboard, AND the addition of an Insignia powered hub with 7 ports on it.

My issue is that at one time, EVERYTHING worked fine. Now, MSFS 2020 can’t find my Saitek yoke/throttle quadrant AND my CH rudder pedals. X-Plane has no problem finding any of my hardware. Since the last major update, MSFS has been useless to me. What hardware that has always been there no longer exists to MSFS 2020. The people at Saitek support haven’t been able to solve the issue, and getting a response from Microsoft support has been …less than supportive. I’ll leave it at that…

I had a similar issue when i upgraded to windows 11 and my razer keypads stopped working. Rolling back didn’t fix it either. Ended up having to reinstall windows (10).

I’ve actually just had this exact problem now. Was flying along nicely, came to land and just before touchdown, yoke became completely unresponsive… game was still running, but yoke would not respond, couldn’t even ESC out, had to alt f4.

Wow. Restarting the game hasn’t fixed it. Now rebooting PC… this is crazy… never had this before… I’ve been using it for about 4 hours today without fault? What gives?

::Edit::

Ok, so… I’m not 100% sure this is what caused it… but i have now noticed that, somehow, windows decided to reset all my usb devices to allow it to turn them all off to save power. So I’ve just painstakingly gone through all 70+ listed devices in the device manager HID section and made sure that each and every one now has that option UNTICKED again. Fingers crossed.

P.s. is there actually a fast way to do this, other than manually checking each device listed? Is there maybe a copy/ paste reg entry that will do the same thing or something along those lines?

I know that spad.next checks on startup to see if your devices have that setting ticked or not… but i found that software doesn’t work great with the other panels as it doesn’t seem to constantly monitor ALL buttons and switches on a panel, so you’d have to manually switch EVERYTHING on a panel before they would be correctly recognised in the sim… which is a chore to do every single flight.